Add Ability To Choose Which Areas Of CIS To Protect With Password [M1171]

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:

2. What actually happened or you saw:
In “COMODO Advanced settings” > “User Interface” there is a tab named “Parental Controls”. Currently there is only one general option named “Enable Password Protection” which the end-user can tick/untick. This either protects all important areas with a password or leaves all unprotected. There is no granular control of this password protection.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
The end-user should be able to configure which areas to protect with the password. For example, the user could choose to protect changing the configuration, quarantine, etc…, but choose to allow anyone to change the Sandbox settings or edit the quarantine.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
This sort of granular control would allow an expert user to configure CIS for whatever level of experience other users of the computer are able to handle. For example, for most users there is no real need to require a password every time you update. Another example could be that a user may be trustworthy enough to move a file out of quarantine, but not enough to be trusted not to change the Behavioral Blocker level to something unsafe.

5. Any other information:
One way of doing this could be to have the different areas listed, with a description of what the area is used for, and to allow the user to either check or uncheck the boxes to require password protection to alter those areas.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request.

Do you mean that the user should be able to choose which areas should be password protected and which should not?
If so, then would you think that a check-box may be the simplest way to do this?

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,

Yes. You got it right.
Check-box is fine.

Thank you. I have edited the title of this wish and the first post. Please look it over and let me know if everything looks correct.

Thanks.

It’s ok.
Thank you.

In that case I have added a poll. Please look it over and let me know if it also correctly reflects your wish. If it does then I will forward this to the Waiting Area for Voting.

Thanks.

It does. Thank you again.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Voted :):-TU

May be. I think this should be possible to choose:

1. View established connections.
  2. View firewall logs without “clear” function.
  3. Enable COMODO component (firewall, antivirus) if they disabled.
  4. View sandbox statistics
  5. Sandbox clear
  6. Killswitch using

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

+1 Since I use pass protection, hope this time comodo will add this.