Add a menu item that redirects to "Bugs Reports" subforum [M1399]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently, there is no direct link in the main interface that could redirect the user in case of bug reports.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
There should be a menu which contains a button that redirects the user to the “Bug Reports” subforum (Comodo Forum).

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Some users do not know where to report possible issues due to a lack of descriptive information such as MouseHover information on the buttons.

4. Any other information:
None.

I’m afraid that it’s harder to implement than it might seem due to a variety of possible variables.
As for example, a child process of a child process of vrtkiosk.exe process might crash due to a possible driver conflict while the other ones might still run correctly. Imagine this, you have to monitor these and everything actually in order to initiate automatically full dumps (assuming it’s a clear issue, with average difficulty). Your CPU will take at least 15-30% usage and memory will get filled with every new window/process.
That being said, which information will be gathered? You don’t need everything in some cases which makes it quite inefficient especially on users with a low bandwidth.

The implementation of this wish request will not be helpful compared to the side-issues. Don’t you agree?

@qmarius

In that case, I think of a single solution. Add the “report a bug” in the CIS, and this will lead to the link:

It’s a valid one, I guess. In order to further process your wish request you have to use the required format.

Thanks.

Done :slight_smile:

I’ve made some edits to your wish request. Do these modifications reflect your wish request ?

Yes.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

Vote continue!

Bump!

Bump!

Hi qmarius.
I already have 15 points. :slight_smile:

I would like to thank everyone who has voted on this particular enhancement. As this wish has accumulated the necessary 15 points I have added this to the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.

Me too :).

I understand. Thanks, qmarius :slight_smile:

This has been added to CIS 10.0.0.5144 beta by going to help > support > report a bug from the main interface.