Activation Problem

I registered, downloaded, and installed Comodo Antispam software. I really like the software (from what I have seen so far), but I keep getting this error message when I try to activate it:

“No valid license found, please contact support.”

After attempting to activate the software enough times I get the following error:

“The Activation code entered has expired, please contact support.”

I have even tried registering again and using a different activation code, but the same errors pop up. I am connected to the internet, and have followed all the instructions in the email I received after registering. I registered using the email address listed in my profile (for what that’s worth), and I have also registered and successfully activated a copy of CPF.

Please help,
laaron

Attached are images of the error messages.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello,

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with the activation of Comodo Antispam. Please try the activation code below.

fAiGNCt4rq4lDWnw

Justin,

Thanks for the response. I will try this activation code when I get home, and let you know how it goes.

laaron

Hello,

Thanks that would be great. Good luck ;).

Justin

Justin,

I tried the activation code you provided, but still got the same error message. As I have read, in other parts of this forum, that uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes cures problems with comodo software; I tried that process, but still got the same error when I tried activating after the reinstall. Maybe I should try uninstalling CPF and then try activating CAS. I guess I will hold idle till I hear any other suggestions.

Luke

Hello,

Did the problem occur when you installed CPF? If so try an un-installations, if not then please provide some more information about when this started to happen, such as any major system changes that you had made, or other software you had installed.

No, the problem did not start when I installed CPF. I installed CPF maybe a month ago. I didn’t have any trouble activating the CPF software and has been working great. I then decided that I wanted to do something about all the spam, so I installed CAS a week ago. And I have had problems activating CAS from the get go. Nothing else major has changed in my systems configuration and CPF is still running great. Since I was able to successfully activate CPF, I was at a loss as to why I couldn’t get CAS activated. I’m not sure where else to go with this or what other info may be helpful in solving the problem.

Luke

Hello Laaron,

I just remembered in the past that Comodo Personal Firewall and Comodo Antispam has a conflict issue which would lead to problems with whichever one of those programs was installed last. In your case this would be Antispam meaning that it would be the one having this issues. I thought this conflict was resolved a while ago but it seems not. I’m sorry to say I do not know of any solution at the moment until the Comodo Team comes up with a fix.

Justin

Justin,

Thanks for the info. I think I will try to uninstall CPF and CAS, then reinstall CAS just to see if it will activate ok. Then decide which I would rather have, I guess. That would be somewhat disappointing, but I’ve lived without any kind of antispam for this long, so it’s not the end of the world to wait till comodo fixes the issue. I will keep you posted with what happens.

In the mean time, do you or anyone else on the forum know of any other antispam software that uses password validation emails like CAS does? I think that is the only way to go if you really want 100% spam filtration.

Luke

Hello Laaron,

Please do so, that should solve your issue until Comodo addresses it, as for other antispam apps, I just use the built in antispam feature in Thunderbird, that is all I really need.

ok, here is where I’m at with all this. I uninstalled both CAS and CPF, reinstalled CAS and tried to activate. Same problem. Reinstalled CPF, and tried activating CAS again. Same Problem. I did however notice that CAS showed the same number of days left in the trial as when I uninstalled (not reset back to 30 days) and I did not have to re-activate CPF. So I tried uninstalling both pieces of software again, but this time, after I uninstalled, I searched and deleted all Comodo registry entries. I went back through the whole reinstall process, but got the same CAS activation error and CAS still didn’t reset to 30 days left in the trial and CPF was still showing that it was activated without me doing so after the reinstall. Obviously CAS and CPF are leaving things behind in the system somewhere, but I don’t know if any of the leftovers are affecting the activation of CAS, and I don’t know where the leftovers might be hiding. I’m stumped.

Is Comodo planning a new release of CAS anytime soon?

Luke

Hello Laaron,

Comodo products leave behind a Trustix folder with the license details, as for the new antispam version you would need to talk to Melih about that.

I have the same activation problem. What can I do? I use Opera browser…

Hello,

Please give us more details, what other Comodo products do you use? Have you tried the activation key I posted above?

I also registered (TWICE!) and never got an activation code? Do I wait until normal business hours? (L)

Hello,

As of Comodo Firewall Pro 2.4 there is no need for activation codes to register. It is done automatically upon installation.

Justin

What am I missing here? This is the AntiSPAM software forum and your reply talks about the Firewall package? Confused!

I too am asked each time to activate Comando AntiSpam on launch. I have registered multiple times and never receive the activation code. What can I do to get an Activation code?

markmanxp,

You might check your spam folder, either in your email client, or online access. Due to it being an unattended email, the activation codes frequently show up in the spam folder…

LM

I use the program and it works great, except I it crashes when there are too many e-mails to report to comodo. However, I recommended the program to a friend of mine and he has yet to get an activation code. I have helped him send e-mails to support and now he gets NO response. He’s upset about it and rightfully so. I have tonight forwarded the authentication code from above and let’s see if it will work. He does not have CPF installed. He is presently using Avast antivirus. I also went into the Authenication database and Comodo.com domain is accepted. It wasn’t to begin with. Something Comodo might wish to correct. I had found his wife’s code blocked in the Quarantine area. Hopefully the code I sent will work.

Also, how does he get rid of the link to the Trustfax site which keeps popping up?

Bobster

I also have had, and still have, a problem trying to activate. I tried several times to register, but the form insists on a state code (USA format, presumably) and the country option has no entries to select. Entering UK as state code (I am resident in the UK) seems to be accepted, but still no email with the activation code, despite using several of my available email addresses during different attempts.

While the software appears good, the number of days left to activate is rapidly expiring, and unless there is a rapid response (other than the suggestion I received to look at this forum, where I find others similarly frustrated) I shall be using software with a friendlier interface and more proficient support team.