Activation Issues

No problem :smiley:

Any suggestions for my issues of ‘administrative privileges’ ??

With the current version 2.3 I believe you must be an admin to activate, otherwise it will not let you, however it is possible that in future versions you will be able to activate without being an admin.

Melih, it is not that easy. I have Comodo Firewall downloaded, but I can’t install the activation key. When I click to activate it, I get a window that says it can’t find the page. I tried to download the verification engine also, and got the same page

Terbev

It sounds as if, there is an entry for Comodo in your host file.
pls remove it and then try again.
thanks
Melih

Melih, I don’t mean to sound ignorant, but what host file, where?

Melih, I found the Hosts files, I found the secure.comodo.net entry, but I can’t delete it or get the # symbol stay. Help!!!

Hi,

Try renaming it…do what you need to do…then rename it back to its original name.

Garry

often the HOSTS file is read-only
right-click, choose “properties” and un-tick the “read-only” box, edit the HOSTS, save &
check the “read-only” box (makes it a bit harder for ■■■■-ware to insert itself in the HOSTS- file)

Gordon, That worked great. No problem with activation now…Thank you very much

Hi!
One noob question: Can I have unlimited number of deinstalation/instalations of CPF on the same machine, or do I have to ask for new activation key for each new installation (I hope not)?

Thanx…

Hi,

Reinstalling on the same machine does not require you to re-register as the instalation will detect the previous licence - unless you did something such as reinstalling Windows.

Mike

Thank you. I suppose the certificate in the Program Files\Trustix folder has something to do with it :slight_smile:

I have a key but get the famous 2146697211 error when trying to activate it. (win200 sp4, have avast but tried with it disabled)

I have tried everything in the FAQs and threads:

nothing in HOSTS file,
uninstalled and reinstall CPF (latest release) from system partition,
updated windows script,
using IE6 with all updates as default browser,
reregistered the MSXML3 dll’s
… tried all the suggestions I can find.

any new ideas? any new versions coming out soon?

Hi,

Yes, the licence certificate is kept in that folder. If you are wondering why the folder is called Trustix, it is because there used be Trustix firewall by Comodo before CFP, so to keep backwards compatibility they had to keep the folder named as Trustix.

Mike

Hi,

I believe version 2.4 (which should be released today - 18th Jan 2007) has a different method of activation. You may try this when it is released and let us know.

Mike

Correct, version 2.4 will activate each PC it is installed on automatically, no registration code will be needed.

Ok, thanks for confirming that Justin. I wasn’t 100% sure if it was this version or a later version. :wink:

Mike

hi everyone

please i need your help.

i have problem with activation and using updater:

As recommendation from computer magazine about the powerful your firewall is,i installed the firewall with no problem at all.

You sent me activation code to my email,when i tried to activate it: i received an error:
An error has occured,error-2146697208,unknown error
please contact support

Than when i tried to use updater to update the software i received another error:
comodo firewall automatic updater
error 108:could not complete update process

be sure that you are online and connected to the internet.

I am sure that i was online because i have broadband

can you please tell me what is happening?

I used to have zone alarm free firewall with no problem,uninstall zone alarm,restart pc,than install your software,than i couldn’t activate it,and update it

I hope to hear from you very soon

thank you in advance
habib

Hi and welcome,

Please can you download version 2.4 from www.personalfirewall.comodo.com this has a different method of activation which does not require a licence key to activate.

Mike