Activation issue

P III 800 w/512 MB, 80GB, Win 2k SP4+, CAV installs fine, but when I reboot the machine acts as if utilization goes to 100%, eventually the activation screen comes up, eventually I’m able to paste the key. I walked away for an hour and it was still acting as if it were pegged at 100% and it was still “Activating” when I returned. Task Manager wouldn’t come up to see what the offending process was. OS installation generic in the extreme with only CFP 2.3.45 installed. Everything else is stock MS. Any ideas?

I even went so far as to uninstall Comodo Personal Firewall and the machine is still practically unresponsive and totally unusable. I did patiently wait for task manager to come up and I was only running at 1%-3% utilization. I, after much waiting, checked the build, it is 1.1.0.3. This is a totally generic Windowss 2000 build! Any ideas? I was hoping to use this machine to eval Comodo’s products, but it’s not going so well.

The build may say a lower number but the update is the new. I would suggest uninstalling CAV, as I think that’s the issue, try reinstalling CPF and see what happens. Also to note, make sure CFP setup file is on your main partition eg…C:\ the one with your OS installed and also there will be updates Tuesday.

Cheers,

Paul

Uninstalling CAV is much easier said than done. I finally got it done, but I had to boot in Safe Mode, disable the CAV service, reboot, and then uninstall. It seems that CAV at this point is little more than a beta. I have spoken with others in our office who had the same experience(s). I am just happy I didn’t install it on a production machine. On the plus side, though, CPF is very nice.

DOH… wrong forum… someone smack me… think I’ll just remove that post… (looks around to see if anyone is watching)

Anyway, the new version will be out towards the end of the month laslo and will have many improvements. I don’t think the Beta does justice for what these people can accomplish. I agree the firewall is very nice…

I haven’t had any issues with CAV other than the email scanner and Outlook 2003 but that will be resolved in the upcoming release as well. Check back then and I am sure you will get a good feel for what Comodo can do…

No worries Ryan, I have had to cover up a few “oh, ■■■■, this isn’t CPF , no wonder everyone has question marks going!” lol.

Cheers,

Paul