Ability to customize Trusted Vendors List based on Language Groups [M1950]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently the Trusted Vendors List have thousand of entries from software vendors around the world. However there is no way to trust only vendors from certain languages/regions.

2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I wanted the Trusted Vendors List to separate the Vendors in language/region groups, with enable/disable checkmarks in each language/region group. That way the user would be able to trust only vendors from certain groups.

Example: A user speaks Spanish so he would wish to enable only vendors of Spanish, French and English speaking countries in his Trusted Vendors List, then he would enable the checkmark only in the English, French and Spanish vendor groups. All other vendors from other groups would remain listed but unselected - When a software that belongs to a unselected language group is run, then CIS would treat it as a unrecognized file.

3. Why you think it is desirable:
Because if a user lives in a western country there is no need to have some chinese/japanese/russian software vendors with unreadable chinese/japanese/russian characters in their names in TVL (the opposite of this is also true). This would allow users to customize their own Trusted Vendors List.

4. Any other information:
What I am suggesting is basically a way to “tweak Trusted Vendors List” or “customize Trusted Vendors List” based on a language/region pattern. Of course the default should be the Global Trusted Vendors List (with all groups enabled by default).

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.