Ability For Auto-Sbx Rules To Sandbox App Which Tries To Access Othr App [M1258]

1. What actually happened or you saw:
Currently you can create rules for sandboxing applications based on where they are located. However, there are not any rules for sandboxing applications based on which other applications they try to access.
2. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see options added so that rules can be created such that applications can be immediately sandboxed if they try to access a user-designated file or folder. For example, I would like to set up rules such that if an application tries to access anything in
C:\Program Files\Comodo\COMODO Internet Security
it will immediately be sandboxed and severely restricted. Currently there is no way I can find to set up CIS to be able to do this.
3. Why you think it is desirable:
There are several scenarios where you may want most apps running at low restriction levels in the sandbox, but for ones which try to access certain folders you want them severely restricted or blocked. Also, adding this ability would make these rules more flexible, and thus more usable for more users.
4. Any other information:
A related topic can be found here:
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-beta-corner-cis/usercreated-rules-for-autosandbox-do-not-work-t107096.0.html

Are you saying that right now there is no way to create a rule to sandbox any application (regardless of where it is found on the computer) if it tries to access the target application? I’m a little confused, so if I am not correct please clarify.

Thanks.

There is no possible way to work rules in the Sandbox, if the application is not known to want access to the target and the application is in a different place from the place of target

For example:

If we want to work rules in the Sandbox based on restriction of any unknown application is trying to reach the target by the current version should provide the following condition that the application is unknown and the target in the same folder or location
Target: C: \ Program Files\comodo
Application is unknown:C: \ Program Files\comodo\test.exe

I think that Sanya explained the issue completely in this topic
https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-beta-corner-cis/usercreated-rules-for-autosandbox-do-not-work-t107096.0.html

I’m a little confused, so let me clarify a few things.

I believe that Target refers to the target application to be sandboxed by the rule. Target is not the application to be protected.

Are you looking for an option to be created which allows you to create a rule such that if any Unknown application tries to access a user-designated location it will immediately be sandboxed? Is that what you are looking for?

Thanks.

Yes, this is what I’d like to do

Thank you. I modified the title and edited the first post. Please let me know if everything is correct.

Also, please note that I saved the original in a quote. If everything in the first post is correct I will delete that quote and forward this to the devs.

Thanks again.

Excellent too, please delete participate quoted everything seems true

Thank you very much to correct the topic :-TU

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. This has now been added into the tracker for consideration by the devs. However, do note that even though this wish will be considered by the devs, it does not necessarily mean that it will be implemented. I will update this topic when I have any additional information.

Thank you.