A way to workaround ASA for full Useredit access (French translation)

Hi,
The ASA Useredit is not enough because, for example, it’s not possible to change “Hi,” with the french word “Bonjour” !! :-\

Do you have a way to workaround it (legal) ? ???

No guarantees, but you could try editing: C:\Program Files\COMODO\AntiSpam\ASA\Useredit.mhtml.

You’ll need to use a text editor like notepad, and leave all the placeholders intact. Just change the text.

There appears to be an html and a plain text version in the same file. I guess you will need to edit both - in the html version take care not to edit the tags unless you know what you are doing.

Then make sure you have user edit selected in CAS, and that the selection survives a reboot!

If it works do tell me and I’ll add it to the workarounds.

Mouse

I’ve noticed that the ticking of ‘select an alternate asa message’ tick box does not survive a reboot, but the registry entry remains correct. You can check by re-ticking the alternate message tick box, and clicking on the ‘Select Antispam Alert Message’ button. If the ‘useredit’ version come up all should be well.

Best wishes

Mouse

Sorry just tried this myself, but unfortunately the standard text does not seem to be merged in from the mhtml files, even though they contain it. You can get the files to display as you want in CAS, but the message sent will not be changed.

Roll on next Beta - this has been raised with Comodo.

Best wishes

Mike

Thanks Mouse1, I’ve tried this but I have the same problem! :-
Perhaps one day with a brand new CAS…

Would you be kind enough to say you agree that more of the ASA should be editable: here.

Giving you example ‘Bonjour’ might help to convince.

Best wishes

Mouse

Thanks for your post

Mouse