A Note To Gamers

I play hundreds of games and never one issue. Try deleting all entires of your games in the firewall and D+ and setting both D+ and th firewall to training mode then reboot. Launch your games. Works for me in WOW,COD2,BF2,BF2142,COD4,TF2,HL2,Q4,Quake Wars,TimeShift, Trackmania,C&C3 and many more. After you play a game for a bit look under Firewall\Advanced\Network Security Policy and make all games trusted. Then go to D+\Advanced\Computer Security Policy and make all games there trusted. Also be sure PunkBusters A and B is trusted in both the firewall and D+.

The first thing I do after installing Comodo is manually add my games to the firewall and D+ as trusted programs. This takes a bit but works also.

In many situations when firewall and D+ learn the game you tray to play some popups screen not apear in front of back image (of the game) and users cannot answer to that popup and firewall block that action. Some games not alow ALT+TAB switching, to see popups screens from firewall, and some users do not know how to create a set of rules for games they ptry to play. It is welcome an option similar to instalation mode for games.

All you have to do is manually add your games exe’s to the firewall and D+. Thats what I do.

Not all users are so “smart” like as. You must think at a user friendly mode to create/alow rules for games and not only. This kind of users prefer to uninstal CFP when they encounter a problem about imposibility to start a game or any aplication where is necesary to manually create rules. And in the “comunity” , users that dislike to create rules for aplications - migrate to other firewalls and blame COMODO for false problems…

I don’t create rules. All my games are trusted. No specific in or outs. Simply read the help file and you will learn alot. Go to Firewall\Advanced\Network Security Policy and click “add”. Migrate to the games exe. Do the same with D+.

For me it’s not a problem. For other users it maybe a problem…

I’m trying to play a game called Shaiya, it is in the trusted applications section but everytime I try to run the game it re-boots my system, this only happens with CFP, any other firewall it will run fine, anyone got any ideas on what settings will have to be made to stop this from happening.

Never heard o0f that game. I play more popular games but if that game uses gamegaurd see here.

https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/gameguard_comodo_computer_reboot-t22237.0.html

Somewhere in the thread dedicated to “online gaming” I read the comment “if you allow IP in from ANY IP from ANY port to ANY post” then it is like you have no firewall and it is dangerous.
So my question comes from a general lack of knowledge about firewalls and, anyway, has a bit of reference with what was said here about “training mode”.

in the moment I set my GAME-A as a trusted application I’m allowing all incoming and outgoing connections from any IP to any IP.So my first question is "Doing that way, I’m allowing all incoming and outgoing connections etc. etc … in my PC wherever they come from? Even if I set svchost or System as Outgoing only?
In brief what blocks a connection coming from everywhere and directed to my PC made by someone that wants to take possession of my PC 88) in the moment that I run my GAME-A that lets enter “all incoming… from ANY IP to ANY IP”?
If someone wants to enter in my PC and, let’s say, format my C: drive, is it possible that he could make it while a “trusted game” is running?
Sorry if the question is stupid :a0

The second question is about “training mode”.
In the moment that I set COMODO firewall to “training mode”, I think it starts learning about ALL the programs that are running in that moment (I mean also svchost, System and all the other applications running in that moment) and not only for my GAME-A (that I want to tune)
So at the end of the “2 minutes of training mode” I should verify that, apart from the game that I wanted to tune, no other unwanted rules were learned for other applications.
Am I right?

You can make separate rules for svchost and other Windows apps. Mine are set to outgoing only. There is a thrad about that. All my games are set to trusted and when you play a game only that game is using those ports it needs. It doesn’t mean every other program will use that same port. If you want you can specify what port a game can use. Most games will tell you what port is needed.

I already set “Outgoing only” all the Windows apps.
The part I’m missing is why I should block all incoming connections for svchost (just to make a name) while I should allow all incoming connections for GAME-A
An open port is a port open for every process? That’s why I’m telling that I lack of elementary knowledge for firewalls 88)
While I’m playing GAME-A the incoming port that I blocked for svchost is open? is it open only for GAME-A or also for svchost?
And if it is open only for GAME-A, why shouldn’t it be dangerous to let it open?
Why the “famous bad guy” that wants to take possession of my PC cannot do anything (as I hope) exploiting the open port in this case?

I have been a gamer for along time. used many of firewalls and never a problem. When you make a game trusted it gives it more permission which is better cause you do not need anything slowing down or interfering with a game. Just cause your play WOW and its trusted doesn’t mean your pc is open to all other ports. You can test this by running a game minimized and doing a Shields Up test. If you want full protection then a hardware firewall is your best defense. I have a 2Wire Gateway DSL modem with a hardware firewall built in. Its fully stealthed and blocks all my incomings.

I was having a problem running Worms World Party so I followed the advice (set Firewall and Defense+ to training mode) on this thread. Now the game is working great but the problem I’m having is with LAN games. I’m running Windows XP Pro SP2 and my friend is running Win ME (don’t laugh). He doesn’t have a firewall on his PC. We connected them both to my router and assigned static IPs. When we enter multiplayer mode the PCs see each other just fine. The chat function also works. However if either of us create a game the other can’t see it. Is this an issue with Comodo or the router? It’s an Edimax BR6204WG. TIA!

Sounds like a router issue. You can uninstall Comodo and see what happens. Export your settings first then import them on the new install.

Would that be different from just disabling the firewall?

You can try that but be sure you disable D+ and the firewall which will require a reboot. Then when back up be sure that cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe are not running.

Ok, I’ll try that. I’ll turn off the Internet connection too to be safe.

Tried it, still no luck. Here’s what the readme has to say:

Connection under TCP / IP is simple as WWP will automatically look for IP addresses running the game.

If you disabled Comodo then its not Comodo its your router. You need to get into your router functions.

Any tips on where to start? If we’re behind the same router shouldn’t the router just be passing things on and not blocking anything? Thanks.