A newbie's query please

I’ve tried to find any prior posts for this via search box but unlucky.
How long does one leave the ‘learning’ mode on for please: always or one week or one day or ?

Hi greenhatch

Ah! The $64,000.00 ?
Mine has been in learning mode now for approx 3 weeks. Might change it to on in another week or so.
This thread might give you a little more guidance.

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,6241.0.html

I switched mine to On, after about a month… My thought is to keep it set to “Learn” until the majority of your common applications (if not all) have been run, so as to reduce alerts…

LM

Yes, my idea too. Probably picked up from one of your posts. Have all the progs loaded that I normally use so one week will take it to a month.
The component monitor is an interesting tool. Any modules loaded from system32 or not showing a known path I google, great way to learn.

(:NRD)

Among the userbase I’ve got using CFP, the general consensus seems to be one month. After that, anything that pops an alert is something that deserves looking into.

at sullo,
good idea about googling things from the component monitor - v.good way to learn. Wouldn’t it be nice if CFP had a “Google this” button? Do you think this is worth adding to the wishlist?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Now that’s a brilliant idea. Not only is it a firewall it becomes a learning tool as well.
It’s very interesting reading the info about different modules.

:■■■■

Thanks all for the guidance: interesting :slight_smile: I’m still a little wary having finally considered jumping from XP Firewall: it’s quite a steep learning curve for me but I’ll hang in there, with the help of these forums.

I don’t think you will regret the change, you will certainly have a more secure pc.
These forums have been an immense help in my learing process.
You are relatively lucky coming from xp firewall I came from zone alarm, piece of best left unsaid. (:AGY)

All the best

:■■■■

LOL. Learning is like ■■■■■ - its only scary the first time. After that it’s fun!

P.S. No mods need comment thank you! :smiley:

The more I think about it the more I like the idea and it wouldn’t be too hard to implement, as its only grabbing a string and passing it as part of a command line to invoke IE.

Please add this to the wishlist under your tag.

Cheers,

What about the other browsers? Or are you using the term generically?

LM

ps:

;D

I didn’t mean IE specifically, I was preaching to the choir, not the soloists. :wink:

If it picked up the string to be tested and append it to the end of
Google” then it would use the default browser on the system.

Cheers,