A couple of questions

Hi Guys
Can you help with these questions.

1. How much deep cleaning does CPM do, does it go right into the registry like Revo or Your uninstaller.
  2. If it does a deep clean, is it only for programs installed while CPM is installed or for all programs.

shadha :slight_smile:

Good question!

Would like to hear more of this information me too.

I’ve tested this software myself for the first time today.

Looks really great :slight_smile:

I’ll try to answer your questions.

1. CPM does a low-level kernel monitoring of the entire system, filtering only the running setups. ALL the registry entries and files that get created are stored precisely for that setup. When it is removed ‘Using CPM’ it will practically delete every trace of the specified program and if some components have active handles (are locked) they will be deleted before logon. Also the setup is automatically detected with no user intervention.

2. Currently only standard uninstall is supported for programs not monitored. Registry and file scanning for programs installed before CPM is not efficient because without an external database constantly updated it will fail to find all the entries needed for deletion.

Hope I explained everything you wanted to know,
Dorin.

since CPM is newer i would still recommend revo but cpm works great for me
2. only programs installed after CPM and there are some bugs with some other programs (or so i have heard)
it deletes active stuff during log on like Munteanu Dorin said it looks wierd but its cool

Thanks for the reply Dorin. Is CPM as good as Revo or Your Uninstaller and if not will it become better. I want to use as many Comodo products as I can.
shadha :comodo110:

Hope I explained everything you wanted to know, Dorin.
Yes sir it does :)
Is CPM as good as Revo or Your Uninstaller and if not will it become better. I want to use as many Comodo products as I can.
When it comes to uninstalling, revouninstaller is KING, Slowly, CPM is becoming close to it. Drools......

I use Revo.
But I never saw in Revo the panacea.
When an uninstallation needs reboot, Revo does a very poor job (or could even mess the system as the files and registry keys needed after reboot to uninstall the software will fail or will be already removed).
Also, the movement toward a shareware is not welcome in my opinion.

I agree!

It seems CPM has the same annoyance. In fact how CPM tracks changes when PC reboot?; CPM tracks the installer but not the app. changes itself when in first running also.

It’s why I use ZSoft Uninstaller that does a excellent work.