3.0.9.229 Problem? Apps cannot launch - Error 'Not a valid Win32 App'... [CLOSED]

This is an odd one and it’s happened twice now.

Fresh install of XP, no other security apps installed, just CFP. After a day or two I hit a problem where trying to launch an application fails wit an error message suggesting it’s not a valid Win 32 Application.

The first time this happened I just reinstalled XP and CFP. The second time I tried to investigate the problem further. The first thing I did was to try removing CFP. Interestingly, CFP was removed from the installed program list, but nothing else was removed. I then hit safe mode and did a manual clean-up (hard disk and registry). Back to normal mode and everything was just fine.

Now, I don’t know for sure if this is a problem with CFP but it seems strange that removing the firewall restored the system to normal.

has anyone else seen this?

Toggie

Maybe you could try with 3.0.10.238? Just announced.

Thanks, I just noticed that :slight_smile:

I had the same error with the latest beta, but I had the block all the unknown requests if the application is closed turned on.

Thanks for that sports1515. I must admit, I don’t remember making that change, but that’s no guarantee that I didn’t, and moreover, twice!