2 months without virus database

The CIS version it’s no important. The problem it’s in site for download the database ( download botton ) it’s to old ( 2 mounths old ).

Download database site: Comodo Anti Malware Database Latest Version & Additions 2023

Thath’s a problem

Thanks

Hi Henrique_RJ,

Thank you for reporting.
As we already said the “Download v5.8 database” button is supposed to download only Fullbase(v36197).
To use the current virus database(36356), click update in the CIS interface so that the incremental base from v36198 to v36356 will get download and updated.
The Download v5.8 database” button in the vdp page updates the version once the incremental version reaches the limit more than 150 count. (Eg: Current fullbase is v36197 and incremetal base is 35636 so the count difference is 159.
FYI: We have informed to the team and the fullbase will be updated in the vdp page soon.
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

It more of 150 count and no update …

Just tried and I see that the imported database version is 36197 and the latest version is 36366, which is a difference of 169.

Exactely, and this have more two mounths ago.

Thks

Hi DecimaTech & Henrique_RJ,

The team is working on it. it will be updated soon.
We will keep you posted.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

Updated now !!!

Database version 36379 but the page not update fully.

Hi Henrique_RJ,

Thank you for reporting.
could you please state what doesn’t updated in website ?
FYI: The fullbase DB has been updated.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

This detail in the page:

Details

Malware Category Total in Category
ApplicUnwnt 3
UnclassifiedMalware 585

Hi Henrique_RJ,

Let me check and update you.

Thanks
C.O.M.O.D.O RT

I cam back …

No update after 2 months …

updated today !

Thks

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’ve used several antivirus products on the market.
I’ve been using CIS for a short time.
I’ve been observing the number of definitions added today: 588 definitions.

1- Based on this, you have already observed other antiviruses on the market and the number is much, much higher than the 588. Why is it so little?

2 - Another thing I analyzed the total settings: today 17-04-2025 it has 95750713 settings. But if I look at the first post that was made in this topic, the image informs that the total Settings: in November/2023 are at: 95686134. Doing a simple calculation, one minus the other will give 64,579. Based on this, I found the number of viruses cataloged in the CIS database to be very low.

3 - Other products found per day. more than 60 THOUSAND threats a day. Why does CIS have a much smaller database than the database of other products?

Thank you, I will wait for that response.

3:CIS does analyze more then 60000+ threaths per day the thing is they do that through Xcitium Cloud Verdict(Valkyrie)and its updated globally to https://threatmap.xcitium.com/

There’s no way because 60 thousand, according to the calculation I made from November/23 until today, it was only 60 thousand. If you look at the images in the post compared to today and I did the same calculation, you will see why I asked the question.

I think we’re getting hung up on signatures here. The signature version number doesn’t neccessarily correlate with the number of signatures. A lot of new malware is variations of the same malware family and therefore don’t require signatures for every variation.

Containment protects you from anything unknown whether there’s a signature or not. True 0-day protection as @Melih has explained many times.

Are you using the Full Database version? CIS ships with the Light Version of the database by default.

When you talk about the FULL DATABASE version, are you talking about this image marked below?

I do not use this checked option. To tell the truth, I don’t know what it’s for.
Does this mean that if this box is checked I am more protected?

I am talking about that box. Using the full database doesn’t mean your more protected. Containment will sandbox any unknown file, the file will be checked/analized by the Cloud and local AV engine. The Light Version of the database is only more recent and more prevelant malware and using the full version can slightly affect performance on some PCs.

1 Like

I understood, thank you for the explanation and clarification on this subject. :+1: