10000 Files... Now what?

Actually the word re-architecture was in a technical term here. We have to change the algorithm/logic that puts things in pending files. that requires some decent amount of re-architecting. We are still working on it, next versions will have even more improved versions of this.

thanks
Melih

That’s sounds good Melih! (:WIN)

+1

Please Melih, I don’t want use Clean PC Mode because we never knows if our pc is really clean, and because I want to know what files were created/modified, so, turn pending files on for othes modes in Defense+… :THNK

Please do not turn on pending files for Paranoid Mode until problems with erasing files are sorted, it is a real pain having 20,000/30,000 files in pending files after using Eraser.
Dennis

I understand that re-architecture was being used in a technical sense. I could have refrained from using the term marketing speak in my comment, but it was my way of showing my big disappointment in the removal of the pending files functionality from all modes of operation except Clean PC Mode. You even agreed previously that pending files functionality was important.That is why it was a letdown for me to no longer be able to use this functionality without switching modes.

You say Comodo is still working on improving the pending files functionality, Will all users benefit from it by having the choice of using ‘pending files’ or not using it without any mode restrictions?

Al

I understand how you feel ;D All I’m asking for is a simple option to turn its use off or on in whatever mode the user happens to be using. This would have temporarily helped you too. Improving the way
pending files works is another matter.

Al

Yes this option would be very usefull in all Modes they could always stop the option in Clean PC Mode if it is a requirement for their new features.
Dennis

Melih,

When can we expect to be able to use Pending Files again? I miss it already.

Pending files is an important functionality especially for comodo as users, if they chose to, get to send us files we don’t know about. However we had too many complaints, and even though it was a useful function to us, as a short term solution we toned it down a bit, until re-architecture is complete. Then we will have a decent pending files capability without disturbing people.

thanks
Melih