100% Detection..

No. They havent.

But I always trusted on COMODO for its honesty with end-users.
I think COMODO doesnt need to get on their same mediocre advertising level.
You know that more than anyone else.

COMODO its synonym of: Truth, transparent, interest, care, superior, and so.
Why to use the same methods they are using? You know you and COMODO are better than “they”.

of course …

as I said, we are NOT just making a statement but standing behind it with our warranty…

if someone believes our statement and gets infected…it will cost Comodo money to clean!
If someone believes other AV company and gets infected…it will cost the user money to clean…

So we have already improved on the “meaning” of that statement.

Agreed on “improved on the meaning of the stament”.

Now, do you believe in 100% block of malware and viruses, using CIS?

Other AV companies believe in it :slight_smile: they are advertising it… So if we say ours is 99% and theirs is 100% users will believe them and buy their product. How is that beneficial to that end user? So please think about end users who will read these and the options they have and adverts they see.

So in other words, you are saying there are no 100% blocking malware.
But you use false advertising so they buy the product?

Isnt that the same of what other vendors do?
To lie their consumers?

Im sorry, but its just not getting in my head as why COMODO its doing this.
Do we believe in what its real and do the best for consumersl, or do we believe in what we need to believe for our convenience only?

With this statements I dont mean to be unrespectful to you.

Its about saving the consumers…

we say 99%…the other avs say 100%…the consumer buys from them cos it said 100%…how did that serve that end user?

Unfortunately, the “marketing language” has been set by the av industry. We didn’t create it. We are trying to educate people but we have to help consumers who are purchasing and making decision based on these 100% signs etc…

I don’t like it anymore than you…but i know at least by getting the customer to us they will get truly a better product and service.

Right. I definitely think everything you say its true.
Its just that COMODO has been always working and fighting against all this false propaganda for the good of consumer. COMOD has done it before and I know it will keep doing it.

But when you see that a certain point, COMODO plays the same cards of what COMODO always thought was wrong, then its just like something its getting lost.

There is definitely other ways how you can get the customers to you. But not in the same way other vendors do. Thats what really makes COMODO a great company, very strong and convincing about its statements. COMODO its different, refreshing, and open peoples eye from the big lies other companies are spreading.
Thats why earlier I said that You and COMODO are better than all the other vendors.

Im sure you will come out with something and that this new thing help you stop playing their game.
The game you have been saying its not right.

Long Life to COMODO.

“protects better, because…”
->i see! i will give it a try.

“100% next to another 100%”
->i will stay with my old one. still has 100% too.

numbers dont educate people. informations do!

but people’s buying habits are based on those numbers. Thats is how the industry educated them.

+1
Comodo has to speak the conventional ad language otherwise it will loose. If there will be a chance to avoid that language I believe Comodo will definitely avoid it.

but comodo avoided that language in the past! and THAT was what let it win many of us as users. comodo said: 100% is false and gives wrong feeling of security, and is only said to fill the pockets next year again with the same product.

comodo made a difference all that time. that was an extra value which would balance the decision towards comodo. and now you throw this value away to simply have the same skin as all the others out there (and the most worse is, you know that this skin is not pretty).

if you speak about buying habits. having two products as choice, both use 100% terms, there is no chance to even say, but 1% better. 100% is the end of line. another habit which comes into play now is: why change?
all the people who you reached with your tries until now, know that 100% is unlikely. and if you use the 100% too, and it comes the day when something slips through, you lose customers believes which you allready had.

marketing is based on short time effects. while trust is created by long time effects.

AMEN to that!

The only people I see that uninstall COMODO its because wether they didnt understand something, or really something went wrong in their installation side. But I have never seen someone leaving COMODO and then changing to other AV because they/we know we would get no good protection at all.

Guess COMODO needs another different aproach, one that its truly brand new and that people starts noticing it. Not just play the same game as the others, because that turns an EXCELLENT product into just one of hundreds.

But most important than the advertising, repair the product so it really protects.
Sandbox its not that strong yet and its getting bypassed by lots of malware:
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/perfectly-bypass-comodo-partially-limited-t75621.0.html

The reason why I think advertising 100% blocking its not right, but most important to fix this situation with the software.

I agree with Melih, if everybody else is using 100% then it leaves Comodo little choice but to do the same.

At least Comodo are backing up their 100% claim with $500’s worth of making it right… other vendors probably just tell the user to perform a low-level format if the infection cannot be eradicated & wish them better luck next time. Besides, that $500 guarantee is also a benefit to the whole CIS community… as it also ensures that Comodo get their hands on anything that is able to defeat CIS.

PS clockwork, numbers are information. :slight_smile:

Good foy you Kail. Maybe you leave in the US or UK?
Good, then you are eligible to the Guarantee.

Me, I live in other country where Guarantee doesnt cover me.
So… CIS COMPLETE told me that it will protect me 100% from malware… oh shut! I have malware in my PC now. But no Guarantee.

Why should I do know? Guess I will get more than $500 by taking COMODO to court?
Correct me if I am wrong… but I am not taking COMODO to court because didnt give me a Guarantee, thats very well explained in their website that its only for US and UK. I am taking them to court because they said they will protect me 100% from malware, no exceptions. Thats not limited to US or UK.

Malware arises everywhere, not only US or UK.

P.S.: I dont wanna know what answer they are going to give to this poor soul:
https://forums.comodo.com/empty-t75642.0.html;topicseen

Perhaps another “dont have an option but to speak conventional ad language” and give information that its not true.

I do live in the UK, but as far as I’m aware the guarantee only covers the US anyway. However, you still get the benefit of that guarantee as I described above. So, good for us both.

Some how, I don’t think you’d win any court battles with the 100% claim (mainly since the other AV vendors wouldn’t do it if that was the case).

guarantee is now worldwide

Guarantee is also available for UK. So its easy for you to accept the Guaranteed 100% blocking of malware.
Guarantee doesnt apply to me, at least for now.

Either way, I wouldnt take COMODO to court. Its a way of thinking that might come up eventually by someone else. Believe you me, with this kind of advertising, things can get nasty not only in the US, but in other countries were laws are even more complicated for vendors advertising.

https://accounts.comodo.com/cfp/management/terms

3.0 Limited Guarantee
   3.1 3.1. Scope.
THE LIMITED GUARANTEE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO YOU IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE
UNITED STATES AND HAVE PURCHASED A VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE THAT INCLUDES
THE GUARANTEE.

You can see that in other links, plus when you install the software license agreement, etc.

yes, but contentless for education in this case. they just educate to ignore numbers if they are not allways right. 100% is allready learned to be not allways right, connected to protection. and now even comodo became another 100% advertises product, after all this telling.
it wasnt necessary, and it is contra productive! imagine all the companies, which were described to speak not the truth as they claimed 100%,… what if they get a box or page or something, saying 100% protection on it, and something slips through?
if i had a company, which was accused by another… i would wait for something like this to happen.

its an unlucky decision.

If numbers are information… why COMODO doesnt care on getting LOW NUMBERS when results come from independant labs?

Is it because they cant get higher numbers…? :-*

and if you want an example of something that really charcterizes comodo as different:

comodo tries to making it better.
this is what counts! this will maybe not catch every customers attention in the shop. but for each customer you get, you might get advertising by mouth.
telling “100%” is a step backwards. and a lot of steps backward if something goes wrong after.