COMODO Windows Tweaker 1.0.55931.13 BETA Released!

Hello,

We are happy to announce that COMODO Windows Tweaker 1.0.55931.13 BETA is available for download and testing. Like always, your feedback on this product is very important for us.

What is COMODO Windows Tweaker?

There are many tweak-like applications on the market, but all of them are too complicated, hard to use and/or have high resources requirements. COMODO Windows Tweaker is a light-weight, simple to understand and install application and has all the tools you need for optimizing, cleaning and tuning-up your system.

Why would you need such a product?

COMODO Windows Tweaker contains the following modules (can be also used as stand-alone applications):

• Disk Cleaner;
  • Registry Cleaner;
  • Privacy Cleaner;
  • Autorun Manager;
  • Task Manager;
  • System Information;
  • System Settings;
  • Visual Styler;
  • Disk Space Explorer;
  • System Benchmark;
  • File Checksum;
  • File Multi Rename Tool;
  • File Compare By Content;
  • File Pending Delete;
  • File splitter;

Known Issues:

• Don’t type an invalid user name in System Settings → Logon or you won’t be able to login into Windows anymore;
  • If you select Windows Page-file in Privacy Cleaner the computer will stall for a while;
  • Removing everything after a Privacy Cleaner → Windows scan might make Windows XP SP3 un-bootable.

Bug Reports:

Please use https://forums.comodo.com/diskregistryprivacy_cleaner_and_total_system_utilities/comodo_windows_tweaker_105593113_beta_bug_reports-t30447.0.html to report your bugs. Our moderators collect these bugs and submit them to the devs.

BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.

Download Locations:

Setup for Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 2003 Server 32-bit, Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 2000 SP4:

URL: [url=http://doownload.comodo.com/cwt/download/setups/CWT_Setup_1.0.55931.13_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32_BETA.exe]http://download.comodo.com/cwt/download/setups/CWT_Setup_1.0.55931.13_2k_xp_vista_server2003_x32_BETA.exe[/url]
Size: 4.20 MB (4,413,720 bytes)
MD5: 0B8936A4DFE980AF698E0F96F47E6B64
SHA1: 6C798E2D46467FB8EEB6ABD8331EB16D08EAAF63

Setup for Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 2003 Server 64-bit and Windows XP 64-bit:

URL: [url=http://doownload.comodo.com/cwt/download/setups/CWT_Setup_1.0.55931.13_xp_vista_server2003_x64_BETA.exe]http://download.comodo.com/cwt/download/setups/CWT_Setup_1.0.55931.13_xp_vista_server2003_x64_BETA.exe[/url]
Size: 4.92 MB (5,166,656 bytes)
MD5: BF15B07BD1474BCD74A0A11EAD86BFB3
SHA1: B0FCC9651A34B23498B9B68DD591DC8FD0A4E3A6

Welldone team in yet another amazing product to keep our user’s PCs healthy!

thanks
Melih

Great just one question though. Is it the same version of the registry cleaner or an updated version?

An updated one.

Ok Thanks

Great work team!!! :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ :■■■■ (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP) (:CLP)

wow, that’s a lot of modules. can’t wait until it goes final!

(R)

Question:

- File Checksum;

This means what?

I run weekly to files using CRC32 in filename itself and I also use quite often md5. Would this in fact mean utility to calculate such checksums?

If yes, would it only work per file or does it support checksum files which can hold checksums for multple files? And could it take checksums from the filename and compare to that?

:slight_smile:

Wow…is this the software I suggested? Thanks!

Hmmm…have to say those seem like very serious problems. About when should they be fixed (I wish you would start emailing newsletters with updates… 88))?

I would highly suggest that everyone who is going to use this product should only use it in a VM, on a spare PC (one which would be ok to mess up), or maybe with C. DiskShield until most of the bugs are worked out.

I think it checks MD5 and things like that.

I think that’s what the big red text is for:

“BETA NOTICE: This product is intended for special users (BETA Testers) who would like to join the testing process. It may contain major bugs that could cause serious problems and not be suitable for your everyday use yet. Please do not use it in your production machines.”

I think “production” seems more for when you are making something. Production: The act or process of producing something. Are you producing something when you check emails or browse the web?

The message is still clearly stating that this release (as with all BETAs) are not totally reliable/stable yet and can possibly cause damage on the machine that it is running on.

But, i think this is enough !ot!
:wink:

If your PC is the only available PC for performing an important (to you) number of functions on, including web browsing (obviously), then that should be considered your Production PC and it should not be used for BETA testing software that can impact critical system functions.

edit:… or use one of those virtualisation thingies.

Haha…that makes me think you don’t know much about them :slight_smile:

To stay on topic, I attached a SS.

[attachment deleted by admin]

how does it compare to CCleaner?
who cleans better? ( i know its beta and has some issues, but thats the whole point of the beta).

thanks for feedback guys!!

thanks
Melih

Yes, this application calculates checksum on specific file (one file). But what you say is interesting… we’ll be studying this for the next version.

Thanks. Looking forward to testing it

Nice work I will test it more later. Right now CCleaner is better because it detects more software to clean but CWT has better registry cleaner and has other tools what makes it better. Do you plan to make a portable version when it goes final? Can’t wait for final version!

Thanks
V7chy

Another piece of good news! and so close on the heels of the release of CIS…well done all at Comodo, can’t wait for the final release. :-TU

With deleting of duplicate files, Does this check more than file name?