COMODO System-Cleaner 3.0 build 37 BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0.32580.1142
  • How you produced the problem; See Below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); n/a
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; n/a
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; Attached
  • Any other Additional Information; n/a

Installation went fine. I set up profiles for CRC, CPC, and CDC that imitated the settings I had in v2.2 and saved each profile. I made these profiles the defaults. I ran “Clean My Computer” and it made backups, but that’s all it did. After the backups were made, nothing else happened. I was expecting a prompt to reboot (like in 2.2). Should there be a reboot and a prompt to Finalize? I manually rebooted and got no prompt as well. I reopened CSC and found that no cleaning occurred. I manually cleaned through each individual feature (still without prompts for reboot). I found a Finalize prompt after checking the “Restore” section of CDC and seeing a folder called “Safe Delete”. When I clicked on it, a “Finalize” drop-down appeared. I also see no way to rescan. How do I make CSC scan my system just for a check?

–Edit–

I also notice that when updating CSC, my Filter Entries for CDC vanish! This happened in v2.2 and was never resolved.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have same system, installation went fine, and then nothing, no funktion.
After reboot, same thing. GUI opend and stuck but i can click on all , only “loading…” was showed to me, nothing more, nothing happend.
CSC was not freezing or crashs, but nothing happend.

I’ll be back to older version now and all went fine.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 Bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0.32580.1142
  • How you produced the problem; See Below
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; n/a

CDC is having trouble recognizing my selected entries. It claims only 5 while there are actually 10. In my Filter Entires, there are 5 selected, yet it says 0 (zero). See attached photos.

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); XP SP3 32 bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0
  • How you produced the problem; See below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; -
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); -
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

Here is my first observations :

1. Safe delete, system restore and backup are not selected ‘by default’ in new CSC. So, there is always a risk of people removing the registry entries without having backup.

2. Even after ticking safe delete, show warning, restore neither any warning is shown nor do it prompt for reboot as being the case with previous version. Of course a system restore was created, but indication of system restore having created was not shown in the GUI.

3. There should be an option to remove ‘recent activity’ in the main GUI. This is futile for a privacy cleaner and should be available only for those who actually wish to see it.

4. The backup option, (I haven’t tested it though) does not seem to have a ‘selection’ (read tick) to indicate which folder to select. It seems to be confusing.

5. The summary screen most of the time shows your computer is not clean even after using all the cleaners 2-3 times. It seems that the advanced clean and deep scans are counted to show this message. If so, this should be reviewed.

just drop this “cleaner”, Guys … for goodness sake !
It is hopeless
Use some decent working free cleaners

Cheers!

While pointing out the bugs I have forgotten to state the positive things.

Yes, the new CSC is incredibly fast. The GUI are now very well streamlined and easy to understand.

fast in doing what ?
demolishing the system?
Cheers!

Hello,

Please let us know if your cleaning your system with CSC 3.0 caused problems. We didn't get any reports concerning this so far. The new CSC is not based on heuristics, but only on a database of junk files.

what this means is: it will only clean files that are validated by Comodo team. We have a team of people who identify where the 'junk" files/registry entries are stored for each application. So CSC v3 onward will never delete something that is not supposed to. this is guaranteed by a team of people who manually input these details into CSC db.

Melih

Conversely, my summary screen is showing “Clean” when I know it isn’t. ???

Hello,

The summary screen should say CLEAN when you have no errors on the default profiles of Registry Cleaner and Privacy Cleaner and NOT Clean otherwise.
We will investigate why this feature doesn’t performa as exected.

Thanks!

OK. Under Privacy Cleaner, I’m seeing quite a few errors (1605 Aggressive) reported for all three defaults. My Summary Screen says that my system is clean (maybe because my personal profile isn’t detecting errors). Also there’s a problem detecting errors in my personal profile. See attached photo:

Privacycleaner deletes history of surfing the Net? Because i done Agressive ceaning and my history didn’t delete.

Sorry, my mistake. We take into consideration the errors on Disk Cleaner and Registry Cleaner when we display the clean message. Privacy Cleaner entries are not really errors so we excluded this module.

OK, I got another one for ya! In my personal Disk Cleaner profile (which I made the default), it’s showing 10 errors selected. Still, my summary screen shows clean:

These display errors seem to come and go. In my second post, the photos showing erroneous displays are now showing properly (some of them), while in my last post, the Privacy display has errors.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP SP3 32 Bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0.1636
  • How you produced the problem; See attached. It’s been like this for over 20mins.

exactly same happend here… same system

Hi

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP SP3 32 Bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS 5.0.1636
  • How you produced the problem; See attached. This happened when i use ‘Normal Clean’.

Hello
The indepth cleaning (clean your registry using heuristics) in registry is safe or not coz it uses some heuristics or it is the same as was in CSC 2, there was an option for experts.

Thanxx
Naren