COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.107697.4 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.

Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Wiondows XP 32 bit

• Security Software Installed; CIS only

• How you produced the problem; Disk Cleaner and Privacy cleaner reports CSC.ini missing. Registry cleaner however is able to do the scan. (I didn’t try to remove the entries though)

• How you tried to resolve the problem; Nothing

• Screen-shots with the error (if any); It only shows CSC ini file is missing. If required screen shots can be posted

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; N/A

• All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; Only default

• Any other Additional Information; Nothing for the moment

P.S. failed to find system RAM (though BytesPerSecond seemed to indicate my 512 MB RAM.)

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows XP 32bit
  • Security Software Installed;
    Sophos Firewall & Anitvirus
  • How you produced the problem;
    Open CSC and let it update
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
    N/A
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
  • Any other Additional Information;

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 3.10.102363.531 CAV, CFP, D+ all enabled
  • How you produced the problem; Ran “Clean My Computer”. Log file displayed for CRC but not for CDC or CPC. The log files exist in the program directory.
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; Attached
  • Any other Additional Information; I’m using the portable version.

It seems that CSC 2 removes some entries regarding MS Word. After finalisation of cleaning registry, my MS Word 2003 showed some error messages regarding macros. It was solved when the entries were restored from backup.

Registry backup is attached for verification please.

The impression is basically positive.
System information box lacks of horisontal scroll - some text choped, cpuid e.g.
Some malicious entries on reg scan are indeed windows native or windows optional keys which can be easily set with tweakers and with your help unintentionally deleted…
SFCcehck, MemCheckboxinRunDlg, others…(?)
Also fix false error report on nonempty location
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information]
that contains nested nodes for different installed packages

What components you used to make nice-looking interface? Some parts are transparent cool. Ownerdrawn or what?

Catched:
the same bug as always persisted with empty backup tab check. No logs saved by DrWatson dunno why. The bug is flowing since very first versions of your app however.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8296/erru.png

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WinXP Pro SP3 32 bit
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 3.10.102363.531 CAV, CFP, D+ all enabled
  • How you produced the problem; See description below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; None
  • Any other Additional Information; I’m using the portable version.

When I ran “PowerClean” for the first time I was prompted to check the settings (which I did). I decided to change a setting and now I can’t access the settings for PowerClean. If I start Power Clean, it starts scanning, whereupon, it won’t let me access the settings tab. If I wait until the scanning completes, it still won’t let be access the settings tab. If I cancel the operation, CSC switches to CRC.

I would like to address a few GUI issues.

1. In CRC Backup, there are no Delete - Restore buttons as there are in CDC and CPC. You have to right click a backup to delete/restore (see attached photos).

2. In the Creation Date time stamp, the time of day should be separated by colons [:] instead of hyphens [-].

3. The floating Maximize, Minimize, Close, Help, Misc buttons should be brought down into the main frame.

4. I would like to be able to add or remove file types from the Filter Entries list in CDC (to refine the scan).

Great work guys! This version is a marked improvement over version 1.0! It’s cleaner and the Safe Delete system is a lot easier to understand after reboot. I like how you get the results list after finalizing. I’m still leery about using the Malicious Entries portion of CRC for fear of false positives.

Over all, I think you have a great product. I was using TuneUp Utilities before you came out with CSC and I don’t plan on going back! Kudos! :wink:

Minor GUI bug:

- Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
XP SP3 32 bit

- Security Software Installed;
CIS

- How you produced the problem;
Viewing installed software list in CSC, the icons are incorrect for Opera (it’s MyDefrag’s icon) and those two Security Update for Windows XP (it’s CIS’s icon).

- How you tried to resolve the problem;
N/A

- Screen-shots with the error (if any);
See attachment

- Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
N/A

- All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled;
N/A

- Any other Additional Information;
When copying the installer files of some software (not necessarily the applications mentioned above), and Windows Explorer asks me “a file with this name already exists, do you want to replace it?”, the icon is wrong. So it’s not just CSC I guess, it seems like Windows Explorer occasionally shows the wrong icon. ???

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback.
You can add file types in the Filter Entries list in CDC. Just add a new extension at the list and hit “Save”.
In a future version, removing the entries will be available.

Hello,
Can you tell me if you hit “Check for updates” what message do you get?
We’ve found that the .ini problem appears during database update. We’ve already fixed this, but I want to know if you have the same problem.

Hello,

You can choose settings tab, after the “Clean my computer” process is finished. Wait for the scan to finish, execute the clean and then after the clean results are displayed, you can choose settings.

The installation wants to post to my program files (x86) folder even tho I am on 64 bit and my current installation is in program files.

I have to assume the file installation is only 32bit compatabile.

Hello,

The installation in both 32bit and 64bit compatible. This is a setup bug that will be fixed in the next release.

That’s what I was wanting to do. I can wait! ;D

OK, I’ll try it. I still think there should be access to the settings before a scan, as in the settings for CRC, CDC and CPC.

Hi guys, got a bug.

Im not sure if the latest update fixed it.

When i ran CPC to clean my windows log’s after the restart i click finalize,I got a BSOD when it finished cleanning, after a restart the login window wont show up. I dont have the dump file or logs, sorry.

Windows XP Media center, SP3 32 bit
CIS 3.10 and MalwareBytes

Hello,

Did you used the setup or the portable version?

used the setup.

I switched to the installer version. I found that the portable version isn’t really totally portable. It creates a CSC.ini file in the root of the C drive and Application DataComodoGroup and ComodoGroup directories in the Documents and Settings folder (WinXP).

The installer version also creates the additional directories, but I feel that a truly portable app should run entirely out of its own directory.

BTW, the installer version doesn’t create the CSC.ini file in the root of the C drive.