COMODO System Cleaner 2.0.107697.4 Public Release BUG REPORTS

Hello

Can you tell us if you have another cleaning software installed in your system which is set up to clean up files with .log extension? Thank you for your support.

It is now fixed. Thanks

The runtime error appeared because CSC needs the Internet to connect to the database server in order to install specific updates. At that time your Internet service was most probably down.

This defect will be fixed in the next release. Thank you for your support.

Hi,

Can you please tell us the exact version of CSC that you used?

Thank you for your support.

I know this is not a bug but the button ’ Clean my computer’ seems to be the power clean button. If it is so, as mentioned by other users for CSC 1.0 it should be appropriately worded like PowerClean My Computer. I have not tried it yet as I had this doubt in mind. I feel one or two users who complained of booting problems, may have used this feature.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Vista x64 sp2
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 3.10.102363.531 CAV, CFP, D+ all enabled
  • How you produced the problem; See description below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; None
  • Any other Additional Information; I’m using the latest version

Some reason, i cannot add the UACDisablenotify key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Security Center to the ignore list

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have no other cleaning software that cleans log files. It must have been a glitch. CSC is now displaying the log files! I don’t know what caused it to not display the other day, but I just checked it and it now works. ???

CSC also wont install to the program files directory on a x64 vista installation, even though i chose it. Just installs into program files (x86) regardless. Am i doing something wrong.

I noticed that after CSC updates, I have to go through the setups (CRC, CDC, and CPC) again. It didn’t save my settings (eg. the Windows section of CPC had all options selected). I had only a few items selected on the list. If I hadn’t checked it, I may have deleted some things I didn’t want to. The Applications list also had some programs that I had de-selected, selected by default. This could be a problem if you don’t check all settings every time (before running a cleaning process). Having to double check all of the settings every time would be a major pain. :-\

In future versions, I would like to disable the CSC update when CSC starts up. I would like the option to update manually. Please offer the option under the general settings.

2.0.107697.4 is the version i used, if you guys want log files just ask, i maybe able to copy the bug, and get them in safe mode.

I choose a tab System Information. After end of work of the scanner I cannot pass to other tabs. By pressing any tab the message stands out.

Please restart the computer and then open System Information again to check if the problem persists.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Vista x64 sp2
  • Security Software Installed; CIS 3.10.102363.531 CAV, CFP, D+ all enabled
  • How you produced the problem; See description below
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; n/a
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); Attached
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; None
  • All log files of CSC, if you had logs enabled; None
  • Any other Additional Information; I’m using the latest version

CDC doesnt seem to clean my windows temp directory. I have moved my temp folder to the system drive & set the folder as hidden which is probably why it isnt cleaning it

Because you moved the default location of your temp folder(%WINDIR%\Temp, which means that the temporary folder is located in Windows folder), CSC isn’t able to clean it, just as you presumed. The fact that is hidden doesn’t really mater, it’s the location that is important. Though the TEMP folder is user relocatable, most cleaner programs use the default location set by Microsoft.

Using advanced scan options in CRC noticed it cleans worse that some other reg.cleaners and maube worse that 1.1.
e.g.
SOFTWARE\Classes.SomeEnptyClass isn’t cleaned.
Some paths from installers like j:\d751124f62ac75ca52023ee487900ce8\pkg\ aren’t cleaned
Not all pathes and files in reg keys checked for validity.
e.g. inexisting mem dump uder SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\KernelFaults branch.
Also doesn’t clean/reveal wrong aliases for classes
e.g. SOFTWARE\Classes\FlashProp.FlashProp\CurVer “FlashProp.FlashProp.1” which is wrong cuz no FlashProp.FlashProp.1 class available.

1.1 cleaned better - at least it revealed more invalid places and keys allowing to check them for clean. Disappointed and now use WWR (Work With Registry) along with for better results however 1.1 was as good as wwr in its search engine.