Wishlist for Future CTM 3.0

Can’t come too soon - and roll on the official follow-up! :slight_smile:

this is a great idea Razvan!

+1
hopefully Razvan and his team is able to make this happen

:-TU
Thank you! Dev guys.

all I need to know is if this “free” backup program is/will be on the same level as my Norton Ghost 15, or Acronis 2012.

If so it would be a great program for those still using MS Vista or XP, like your free firewall and AV, which is as good as any paid versions.

Although microsoft does now include its own image backup in their OS, which I assume will continue from now on. I myself use Vista, so I still have need for my norton ghost/acronis.

Time Machine is not a backup program. If you need a backup program, you might want to look into Comodo Backup.

OK, sory I thought it was since I saw someone mention it on another download site that was giving away paragon 10.5

I’ll ask the question on the backup section than.

CTM is a snapshot software and not a backup one. It can’t be even compared to Norton or Acronis. Windows does not have a snapshop feature. I doubt W8 will have one.

Razvan just out of curiosity will defrag tools always be incompatible with CTM or will that change?

Bear in mind - defraggers run on the physical file system, CTM presents a logical file system.

A better question is “Are defraggers still needed on a CTM system?”.

Well, Razvan? Are they? :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

makes sense. best option then is to have a good built in defragger for snapshots

Razvan, we have our systems prepared to start testing :slight_smile:

:-TU

waiting, waiting… ;D

A quick question Razvan: I leave my computer often idling at the BIOS screen for the SSD’s garbage collection to clean up. How the new CTM will deal with the internal garbage collection routines of SSDs?

I wish CTM will support Dynamic Volumes/Drives.

Thanks.

My wishlist:

Fix the multiple operating systems bug so you can only protect one operating system on a dual boot system.

This one is probably impossible, but protect both operating systems on a dual boot machine while allowing separate snapshots of the two drives.

How about a Safety Net & a feature where you can customize the name of snapshots taken at a scheduled time.

Could you add a Snapshot organizer for the snapshots taken & a Customizable Snapshot organizer for CTM 3.0 please?

after using CTM 2.9 beta for a while my system feels noticeably slower over time. I just uninstalled CTM and ran a defrag and my system was 49% fragmented. CTM needs a feature that disables the protection to allow the user to do maintenance such as defragging then allow the user to reenable the protection once finished