Wishlist for Future CTM 3.0

-Protect against rootkits and other malware

This is one of our main goals. We can achieve this by taking a snapshot before every application installation, but his would mean that when the snapshot is reverted, we revert all the modifications made after the snapshot is taken.
Other idea that we are trying is to isolate the modifications made by one application, and revert only the that modifications. This can be used to get rid of a malware application, or to safely test an application on your computer and then remove it completely.

I think a very simple and useful feature can be easily implemented: in the ‘Tree View’ show different icons for locked and unlocked snapshots.

+1
Indeed, GUI improvements (like we saw in CCE) won’t be bad at all :wink:

Awesome news, nice to know that CTM is back in the works again, once it’s stable enough we all need to spread the word, in order to get a larger userbase so it don’t fizzle out. :slight_smile:

Well done on the input fellow members/users, and also to the Staff for actively responding, hope you keep it up! :slight_smile:

great! :-TU
it would be an amazing feature if your team can pull that off

For me the main things that would make it really super useful are:

1: Snapshot restore function being speedy (even after a while)- in this item alone, CTM potentially differentiates itself from many/almost all other restore/re-image options (to define; to me speedy equals <5 mins in all situations, though the faster the better)

2: Reliable and stable - installable on any set-up (2.8 would install on some of our computers but not others!) and not leading to any later boot problems as seems to have been the case on one PC I installed 2.8 on

3: Compatible with a dual-OS system

4: Free for charitable use (or very low cost for multiple PCs for charitable use)

5: Available soon! :slight_smile:

-if cis and ctm are installed, defense + alerts will have the option to take snapshots with ctm instead of create a windows restore point. please keep this feature. it doesnt seem to be working with cis 5.8 and ctm 2.9 beta. the option is there but it doesnt create a snapshot

Also, this was a great feature with CPM (while uninstalling programs).

if this is possible then i would like to see this to be integrated in CPM…
for eg: Suppose we take the snapshot and after that program X is installed and later again we take snapshot and program Y is installed… Now if we want to remove changes made by program X in the windows, then it should not affect program Y… if this could happen then it will be real boost for CPM rather than monitoring installation… (zsoft uninstaller does the kinda same thing…but i can’t find it feasible)

I really wish a stable code…
I mean, starting add new features could be let to a second round. Right now, if you want to add everything, my fear is that we’ll got nothing but promises.
Keep it simple. Than improve. My 0.02.

Stability is one of our main concerns.  Any features that we discuss here will not necessarily show up in the first version we launch.

Thanks.
Any scheduling for the beta?

The BETA of CTM 3.0 will be available in March 2012.

That’s quite long, we want great, stable product in return >:-D
Good luck with developing guys :slight_smile:

Thanks. This is when I’ll come back from vacations :slight_smile:

looking forward to it :-TU

+1

waiting for it… :rocks:

thanks ; CTM return (:CLP)