What is this? (The Shield Firewall 5.0)

Thanks for that Arthur! We appreciate you taking the time to address our users directly.

Melih

Merhaba Melih bey,
Ne yapmaya karar verdiğinizi ingilizcesi benim gibi iyi olmayanlar için de açıklar mısınız? Bu konu önce Doctus’ta açılmıştı sonra da buraya taşındı.

Ne yapacağınızı söylerseniz sevinirim çünkü merak ediyoruz.
Sevgiler.

Thank you to both of you.
Dennis

I think now all is clear.
Thanks to Arthur and Melih

I would like to say congratulations to Melih and team for getting this licensing agreement and I hope that they will gain many more in the future…
(:CLP)
More resources at their disposal will mean more resources they can devote to making CFP even better!
:BNC

Ya, I hope so.
Maybe now some who feel that they only have Comodo’s best interest in mind will examine the rationality of their thinking before they put those thoughts into words…
:THNK

Well I don’t trust them.

Mr. Arthur Frischman doesn’t tell us that there are good reasons that his company is on the rogue list :

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

This is one of them :

Besides there is a clear procedure to get off the rogue list. So why did he not follow that procedure if he is not a rogue company anymore ?

Greetz, Red.

Lordy…

There is a multi-national corporation that once sold millions of copies of cds that when run secretly installed rootkits
There is another multi-national corporation that was sued by governments from countries in different continents and paid millions in fines after being found guilty over and over for bad business practices

I am sure if you head over to the forums for these two entities you will find people who don’t trust them either and make posts to that effect, but there are millions more who place 100% trust in them…

What is the worst that these guys have done in comparison, send out a couple of spam emails? 88)

Come on now, guy.

You are still talking about posts that are at least 3 years old. I have immense respect for Eric Howes, but I would like to know what he says about this company today. 3 years in this industry is quite a long time…

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to respond to each and every post on this forum but I do appreciate the support and I will respond to Rednose now.

SpywareWarrior is almost a 3 year old post. Our main product at that time was The Shield Pro … 2004 and we have not sold Privacy Defender in over 2 years now. We have submitted 2 or 3 requests to have our products reviewed and have not received a response or acknowledgement. I cannot force SpywareWarrior to look at our products again and a member named Axl pointed out that the site hasn’t been updated since May 2007.

DSLReports is even older than Spyware Warrior and that does not even talk about our products but apparently some marketing methods. I wasn’t familiar with this post but that is from 2004.

Is their a time frame where these complaints are no longer valid? Since things never go away once they are on the internet, isn’t it a consumers responsibility to take note of when they were posted before they put them down as fact? These posts have taken on a life of their own because they seem recent because of posts on this forum and others like it.

Over the past 2-3 years we have significantly upgraded the quality of our products by partnering with companies such as Comodo, Kaspersky, F-Secure, Large and Lavasoft.

My offer to test our products stands.

Thanks again,

Arthur

Mr. Arthur Frischman, why should I beleve you on your word ? Why should I test your products ? Why should I investigate how you advertise your products nowadays ? Your company made a mistake, so ist’s up to you to correct that ! Like I said : There is a clear procedure to get off the rogue list, and I beleve you aware of that procedure since 2005. So please don’t complain about old posts if you had time enough to do something about it.

Greetz, Red.

Ya, I expected this, which is why I gave the example of Sony and Microsoft earlier…
There will always be those who prefer to be on Team Rational while others want to be on Club Irrational.
Regardless, life went on for those two corporations, just as I expect it will for Comodo and PCSecurityShield.

Take care,
axl.

Axl, I repect your opinion, but I also DO CARE about Comodo.

Greetz, Red.

I am sure we all care about Comodo and what it is doing for end users. Arthur has been open and has come and explained himself (including his efforts to try get himself off that list).

Anything else we can do? pls let me know…

thanks

Melih

Dude, did you read all of Arthur’s post, like the part where he said he tried to contact them?
Did you look at the Spywarrior page and see when it wasn’t updated since last May? :o

I posted over in the SW forum about the age of the Rogue Apps list (but not this issue specifically). Hopefully Suzi or someone in authority will respond.

Microsoft MVP Suzi Turner and Spyware Warrior Eric Howes are very respectable members of the security community and, beleve me, NOT that hard to find :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

In this case, maybe someone should get in touch with them and ask them about the above issue!?

Melih

Seems like you are the well-connected one here, maybe you could pull some strings and get the real skinny?

at this point IMO The Shield may or may not be this Rouge company they may have done some shady deals in the passed and it’s hard for a company to shake them kind of tags. Evan spy wear terminator had a bit of worry from there tool bare. and it’s still looked at by many as untrustworthy!! but many people use it and it’s good to see that there are many people here on this forum that cares enough to bring this out in the open. and get to the bottom of it but at some point it just has to be let go you did your job and now it’s time for the user of any kind of software to do there own looking if they fill hay i like it I’m going to use it or if they say not me… but i think the move that TheShield rep did come in here and make that offer and he did take the time to put that software on the spot to any one that can find a spy problem with it so my advice if you think he can be prove them wrong. get the KEY and run it threw all the test you can and report what you find. {not intended to be in the defense or taken side just my views}