What is this? (The Shield Firewall 5.0)

I would guess BBB means Better Business Bureau.

Cheers,
Ragwing

I’m sure you’re right Ragwing, I found that too!

Anyway I do not like that they are selling cfp.
I think it is against comodo policy…
If they are only selling the 24/7 free phone support for it, then ok. But if this is the case it is far from obvious from their site. The reason on their site for “why should you buy it” are the features and protection strengths of cfp. These features are also available free. I think this is a clear misleading approach.
Im sure that legally there is nothing we can criticize, but I think this is the same as with contracts or licenses…
10 pages of “blah…blah…” and then on the last one, as a footnote there is the tricky part…“it was there…” but who reads them through?

well last nite i was going to try and download pcsecurityshields stuff but avira antivir pe classic went off with

Virus or unwanted program ‘HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen [HTML/Infected.WebPage.Gen]’
detected in file 'C:\Documents and Settings\x86master\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\H28Z70CI\company-info-5290-PCSecurityShield[1].htm.
Action performed: Deny access

doin’t look good at all IMO

I’m tellin ya… bad bad company right there. :-TD

Maybe its just a misunderstanding, but for me, from these findings it seems that this “company” is in deep sh*t and sinking…I hope it doesn’t pull Comodo with itself. (Ok this obviously wont happen :slight_smile: but it can harm the reputation.)

Comodo is not alone.

http://www.pcsecurityshield.com/PP/dspShieldDeluxe.aspx

http://www.pcsecurityshield.com/PP/dspSecurityShield.aspx

http://www.pcsecurityshield.com/PP/dspTheShieldPro.aspx

Yeah, but selling another company’s payware product under license is a different story from selling a freeware, isn’t it?
Do you see the contradiction between the two underlined words? lol…

Yes, they are blocked by MVPS Hosts file too :

127.0.0.1 pcsecurityshield.com #[Rogue/Suspect] 127.0.0.1 banners.pcsecurityshield.com 127.0.0.1 clickbank.pcsecurityshield.com 127.0.0.1 downloads.pcsecurityshield.com 127.0.0.1 partners.pcsecurityshield.com #[directtrack.com] 127.0.0.1 regnow.pcsecurityshield.com 127.0.0.1 shop.pcsecurityshield.com 127.0.0.1 trk.pcsecurityshield.com #[affiliatetracking.net] 127.0.0.1 www.pcsecurityshield.com #[SiteAdvisor.pcsecurityshield.com]

Greetz, Red.

Any new comments from Comodo bout this? ???

oh the melodrama…please.

Forgive me (:-[) for this off topic post:

Every time I see the title “What is this” I come to think of Ozzy Osbourne singing that line (+ “that stands before me”), in the song Black Sabbath, of Black Sabbath. I even sing it myself when I read this line. 8)

LA

Bump.

I’m just curious to see how things are going on this!

(B) (B) (B)

Comodo are in discussion with them on this. It’s only been three days since they announ ced they would look deeper - give them a bit of time. :wink:

Ewen :slight_smile:

Luudicrous.

They have every legal right to license their propretary code for commercial gain. The fact that they have chosen to distribute their firewall for free to end users, does not, in any manner, obligate any licensee of their code to continue giving it away for free. Under Australian law, this is held true as the licensed components are proprietary information, written, developed, owned and copyrighted by Comodo (in several commercial guises) and Comodo (in their several guises) can set the terms for the distribution, licensing and re-distribution of said code, or fragments thereof. In fact, they can set different licensing terms for each instance of the code that is licensed.

The licensee is not marketing the firewall containing the licensed code as “Comodo Firewall Pro” are they?

A product called “Comodo Firewall Pro” is still available for free from http://personalfirewall.comodo.com, isn’t it?

Spend six years, do a law degree, then come back and speak with some authority.

What is certain is Misinformation Melih has known from the beginning what the whole truth is. However, he comes out with this:
let me investigate this further..

thanks for the heads up guys

Melih

It will be interesting to see what happens now.

Now we could be heading into interesting legal grounds. :wink:

YAWN. Can someone please wake me when this becomes rational?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

so far the info:

background: they are licensing our engine from us (yes they pay too… well bloody worth it imo :slight_smile: )

new info: what was reported about them in this forum about they are a malware provider etc etc…

our reaction: oh dear… lets check this further…

our results so far: so far our investigation reveals that they are legitimate entity (which backs up our original investigation on them prior to signingi), legal entity, BBB member, has similar deals with other security firms etc etc.

thanks

Melih

All of us can remeber how the toolbar of COMODO was considered “spyware”, and a lot of people considered COMODO a rogue company.
Perhaps, here is the same.

we are still investigating further…

however so far all i have is the above info…

Melih

Sad to see that COMODO sold out it’s firewall to such “no tradicions” company :cry: Oh well, money is money :-\

Commodus you are making assumptions without a shred of information. :-TD

Try a bit of patience. Melih is looking into it isn’t he?

Nobody is hiding anything here!