What is this? (The Shield Firewall 5.0)

No problem. We all just care about Comodo. And are just looking out for Comodo’s reputation

I know that and I really do appreciate it.

thank you again.

Melih

Money makes the world go round,the world go round,the world go round!!!

Sorry to have to say it but after the last few days it is more evident than ever.

Regards

Matty

I assume that they do not develop anything. Melih says they use CFP’s engine.

So, I wonder these:

1: What for they want money?

2: If their custumers see CFP’s screenshot anywhere, and notice that it is absolutely free, what will they think about PCSecurityShield.com? Because they paid dollars for neighbour’s free product.

3: Is this deal righteous for Comodo?

and,

CFP is our. We will see no product seems like it. It will be unique and leader!
I am sure, they will correct this. Please wait and see…

aXes

We will see no product seems like it. It will be unique and leader!

Yes. We want to see Comodo’s Dragon to be one and only. Spittin’ fire and burning everyone to ashes ;D

But if COMODO want develop future versions, they need money :wink:

Yeah. But not from some idiotic malicious company :slight_smile:

Yes, but AFAIK the firewall is “free, which means free forever”…it is free for end users and companies too.
I just cant believe that comodo has sold it to someone. That would be a contradiction. I haven’t read the license, but usually in freeware’s it is stated that selling them is prohibited. Anyway I don’t get it why would comodo do this. It is clear that this shield-company if it really does exists at all, is misleading users. It sells the same technology which is actually free… Regardless the true relation in the background with comodo, this is totally against etiquette, moral, and the official views of Comodo. Even if Comodo has sold the engine (based on the screenshot the whole firewall is the same…the colors too…ridiculous…), which is although against their policy (at least what I experienced so far) this is not my business… but in this case Comodo is cooperating in this cheat, abuse or call as you want. I hope this is not true at all…anyway, something is fishy here…I agree with you Matty and Goose…

Mr.Melih please explain :slight_smile: We really need your feedback on this :-\ I always thought that COMODO is a fair and square company :slight_smile:

Seems like their product Security Shield really is F-Secure ISS 2006, and this one is Kaspersky ISS.
The adress privacydefender4.com also works, instead of pcsecurityshield.com. Pretty strange, since they’re not offering that product nowadays.

They are copying everything ! :o >:(

LoL
I knew it was familiar from somewhere…
And its strange too…Okay, Kaspersky has sold its antivirus engine to a lot of third parties. But in those cases, at least the ones I came across it was mentioned clearly that they are using that engine. Note that only the engine…not the whole gui with only the colors changed lol (I thought the gui is copyrighted…)…I can do that in paint too haha…And I thought you NEED to mention if you are using third party technology…as with linux distributions. It is always indicated if the distro is based on another one. And
look where does the official ‘download.com’ icon point. :THNK
I don’t want to make accusations, but this site really looks like a wannabe-serious and trying-to-look-sophisticated phishing.

Yeah. Come to think about all the greens they “spent” on licensing those products - quite a large sum of money.

I know Steganos has licensed Kaspersky and AVG with the GUI looking exactly the same, but this is too much :o

First af all, i don’t like taht company, but:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6036/prvfr8.jpg

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7311/prv2vn2.jpg

Well, in FW and AS don’t specifies powered by…, but perhaps when they signed the contract, that point wasn’t included.
Sorry my english

Thanks Rafel for pointing this out…somehow I missed it…I’ll edit my posts accordingly

You are welcome Blas.

They are not copying. They make/sell licenced products. They don’t sell the last updated product, but their prices are cheappy,well, they say is alimited offer, but isn’t true, but others “good companies” do the same. They offer an outdated product, but coording to their words, have got a 24/7 phone attention for free, the FW is lifetime with 24/7 free phone support.
The The problem is not they are selling a product COMODO offers for free. The end user can choose. The problem is if that 24/7 attention is true, if they bundle “presents” in their products, their ads, if they are selling for third party your data and then you receive a lot of spam in your mail.
I think COMODO must investigate practices of that company because COMODO reputation is above the table.

It is not just Site Advisor which doesn’t like this. I tried to look at the web site but cannot go there, so I guess my MVPS hosts file has it blocked.

bump any news Melih?

they are registered with BBB etc.

we are talking to them to hear their side of the story.

thanks
melih

Not being familiar with BBB, I tried Google and came up with this:

http://www.brumbazaar.co.uk/

Surely not? (:WIN)