Start Menus

OK, maybe the mystery will remain for a while. 88)

You’re in between then. :slight_smile:

Do you even prefer files and folder presented as in a matrix, no list? No details? Like the plain XP user?

/LA

ps. if I’d use the XP start menu, it would probably look like below… :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

LOL>

You also like to remove useless menus. I forgot how I removed it. It was a long time ago on another one of my google quests. Let me google more to find out how and maybe that other annoyance called “on the internet” will be off our backs. (There’s an ironic statement for ya)

Update: Found it! My first google link I clicked on too!

You also might wanna remove some items that popup when you're on "Search". Like search for people, another computer.. Go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FindExtensions\Static

Not sure if it’ll work…

Here’s a forum devoted to both: http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t84601.html → One thing I disagree with is I have Outlook Expressed uninstalled and the “for people” is gone.

Then it’s probably possible to remove “On the Internet…” as well. Maybe it’s worth a shot to search with Google. Btw, my “For people…” doesn’t even react when I click it. I’ve probably removed its target function. :smiley:

I once removed “Search” completely, which I liked, but unfortunately the whole Explorer search feature was removed then - even from Windows Explorer. So I had to put it back.

LA

Look at me! I’m Mr. Clean!

Instead of rebooting, I did the cheat reboot: Ctrl + Shift + Esc = Task Manager > End explorer.exe tasks > File > New Task > explorer

Now if only there was a way to move “For Files or Folders…” to replace the Search menu because it’s pointless to have it as a sub-menu…

Do you even prefer files and folder presented as in a matrix, no list? No details? Like the plain XP user?

Like the attached…

ya ya show off your cfp 3 to the world…i’ll catch up to you soon

(:CLP)

Thanks, this will be useful for many forum users! :smiley: (at least you and me…)

True, I even removed the Outlook Express files in safe mode (and hurray, they didn’t come back, only and empty folder), but the stupid menu choice “For people” is still there.

/LA

UPDATE: YES, MENU IS TWEAKED! CREDITS TO SOYA!

Modern “matrix” style, hmmm. :o

No clapping hands here (LOL)!

LA

Sorry you’re overcome with jealousy; that was not my intent. Merely posting to show LA the Explorer view, and chose something with limited potential at social engineering, given we’re in Comodo’s forums…

Sure ya did… :wink:

What if you searched the registry for the words “for people” - maybe there’s a trace of it left behind.

Didn’t do it, I followed your advice instead… (post update above). :slight_smile:

LA

And this is after restarting explorer.exe?

Yes, it was that simple.

??? So it works now???

Yes, everything was removable, I just left “For Files or Folders…” like you did. Haven’t tried before to remove anything at all from the search menu, I got inspired from you. Now we are both in the same boat - having an unnecessary sub menu…

/LA

LOL! I bet you can’t even see what you just posted, because of your Opera blocking filter!!! ;D

LA

You should know the answer to that because you’re using my list lol

Yes but I loosened the ropes for the Comodo forum! :smiley:

Let’s not betray our ideal: to remove every useless item. ;D

Ok I think I’m finished with my start menu because there’s no way to turn the search for files & folders from a sub-menu into a real menu (unless I remove the search altogether and made a shortcut on top…)