[merged topic]CIS feedback

ok just thought id post to say that i ended up going back to version 5.

in general version 6 felt a little sluggish, sometimes when i clicked things it took a couple of seconds before anything happened and at times it even stopped responding like when i had killswitch open. This is despite the fact i have a very fast PC. I turned on my pc a couple of days ago and comodo didnt seem to load at all… i clicked it in the start menu… still nothing… restarted and tried again… same…

i deleted it and installed version 5 again and i gotta say i appreciate version 5 even more now than i ever did. its super responsive, has never crashed on me and the menu lay out of it is far superior to version 6. sorry guys.

Can anyone confirm that something is being done about this? It’s not the first time CIS 6 face such issue. I still experience it as well with many other users.

There’s another principle that software developers should keep in mind. “The more complex and disorganized a software is, the more it will be misused and abandoned.”

I’ve recommended Comado to many friends and assiociates. When they ask me to help them get rid of a virus, I almost always find Comodo has been disabled. No matter how good the detection rate is, it won’t protect you if it’s turned off!

When they ask you the next time, say “No”.
They will keep it enabled :wink:

1:Password protect that sht.
2:Turn off alerts and notifications on that sh
t.
3: Maximum restrictions [visual check via team viewer if they are far away]
4: ???
5: Profit!

Problem?

Something is wrong with your link.

And your suggestion will produce work for the poster. And he would taken reliable.

Better just asking, “What has been the problem, why did you disable the security which lead to this infection (of course)?”

I avoid to be involved in computer fixings in real life.
a) they dont see what you do
or
b) they are angry if something goes wrong.

:smiley:

Here’s what I need, and all my dingbat friends need:

*Confidence that when you make a mistake blocking a program that you can easily find and unblock it.
*An easy way to list all blocked files and simply uncheck a box to unblock the AV, heuristic, and FW.
*Easy to find and exclude files and folders from all Comodo modules with 2-3 clicks.
*Alert boxes that pop up in an area where they do not collide with menus and dialogs on the task bar.
*A way to prevent Comodo FW from blocking the entire Internet. Yes, it’s happened many times, and hard to unblock.
*A GUI that reduces clicks such as the example I listed a couple of pages up.

Ver 6 is OK for low information users who let CIS do it’s thing and are willing to accept the results. It is OK for super geeks with great patience and a great memory. It’s not OK for everyone in between.

Thanks to Comodo for allowing sincere criticism. It’s currently all that’s keeping me loyal.

It’a link to a gif file, nothing serious.
I found the most effective way is to virtualize everything in silence. People still get what they want and it is secure. For those installing games/programs, that’s another dillema whether to trust installers or not.
For those “high risk” users, blocked or untrusted is the way to go. Sure you’ll have to check for unrecognized files all the time, but it is secure!
If you want to set it and forget it, then install baidu antivirus 2013 + norton 2013/360, set hitmanpro to scan on every startup and be off your way. If something’s red, fix it. And cloud backup is a must!

I would say, good for low information users. And the rest is the in between :smiley:

I hear you, and agree in principle. In the real world though, you just can’t do that to your friends. In the second place, if it blocks too much of their stuff, they will ask me to come and uninstall it. 88)

Yes, but try to access that gif.

Try this one, it works for me:

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Baidu-Antivirus-Screenshot-231364.html

Not saying that GUI is perfect, but you can navigate it easily without a head scratching and clickapalooza.

Once they familiarize with e-threats, then you lax the security.

A nice combo is forced virtualization [sandboxie, avast, comodo] + some good USB protection.
Auto software updater is good too like that one, what’s it called, Secunia Personal Software Inspector!

Trollface dancing, problem? :stuck_out_tongue:

Its a server error. Cant connect.

strange, still seeing the animation. nvm /offtopic

Man, I have friends that call me and say “Hey, I was installing my new Adobe program and your antivirus program popped up! What should I do?”

That turns people off, and they want Comodo “fixed” or uninstalled. I feel sorry for security suite developers. It’s a nightmare trying to make everyone happy. Some people should be banned from using computers.

Maybe your popup blocker got it.

Those are “impatient” type of people, who click next, next, next. Give 'em freedom and they go nuclear.
Comodo is not for that kind. They W I L L get infected one day, it’s only a matter of time.
Basically auto-antivirus, image backup and weekly scans with MBAM+Hitman should keep them at bay.

Funny, I use Comodo full Virtualization and my 6yo daughter and my wife who know little about e-sec comfortably use Comodo. I daily review what’s on the system, purge trusted files, block what’s not to connect to the internet and do killswitch inspection. Autorun analyzer once a month.
But people just want to use their pc and not get bothered with it.

Yes, one should keep some old versions - I failed to do so!

FileHippo, as I said above, lists the one that I want but the download itself is v6!

PrivateFirewall seems to be light and responds to answers far more rapidly than CIS does. I have it set to ask about access and changes. It doesn’t seem to stealth ports on Gibson but the PC Flank tests aren’t too bad.

I might go back to CIS if the lags and responses were fixed to be a few seconds a time, but they’re much too slow atm.

I tried privatefirewall myself and it was for the reason it doesnt stealth i uninstalled it,also there were ports open but this may have been down to me not configuring it correctly or the fact i use mobile broadband.I never tried it again as im quite happy with the comodo firewall.