Melih, we need a web filter for malicious scripts

Hello

In my country, Brazil, many people are have your Facebook profile sequestred for plugins scripts every day.

This occurs in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer.

We need a web filter for objects and CIS don’t have this.

E-mail filter too.

Thanks

what would an email filter do that CIS doesnt already filter?

CIS 7 does have a URL filter. As far as scanning the content during upload and download, that would take more resources. Programs and files can be checked for malware upon opening.

Web filter already there
E mail filter useless to me. Marketing stuff.

Hy

One important new:

AV-TEST Windows XP Protection Report: Qihoo 360 at Top with 100% Block Rate

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/av-test-windows-xp-protection-095100439.html

CIS need a complete web filter for malicious scripts in navigation with the principal browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera).

+1 ;D

I remember them the protection for layers of the CIS and the web filter for malicious scripts would more one layer important like mail filter too.

Comodo CIS is not in the test list.

According to ther report Testing products are:
Avast Internet Security 2014 2014.9.0.2018
AVG Internet Security 2014 2014.0.4577
Avira Internet Security Suite 2014 14.03.350
Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 17.27.0.1146
Eset Smart Security 7 7.0.302.26
Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 14.0.0.4651(f)
Kingsoft Antivirus 2013 2013.SP7.5.042815
Norton Internet Security 2014 21.2.0.38
Qihoo 360 Internet Security 9 Beta9.7.0.1001 Beta
Tencent PC Manager 8.5.24996.501

I merged your topic with an already existing one from your hand.

Comodo was not tested in the linked test.

Yes, Comodo has not been tested but if it would be a failure by the lack of web filter

I like the sound of this, Henrique. You’ve found a product you can use that will satisfy what you think it needs. Use it.

No web filter. Set the sandbox to untrusted and you have an everything filter. I’d like to see CIS with an exploit scanner. Now that would be sweet.

Just an opinion

why do you think this? comodo has always done great at prevention without a web filter

again

that doesnt answer my question. cis does prevent malicious scripts without web filter. A mail filter would be useless when emails are read they get downloaded to the computer then cis will scan them. an email filter wouldnt add any extra protection.

CIS does or not prevent malicious script without web filter too late. Web filter for objects would additional and important layer.

CIS doesn’t scan e-mail because it is in " *.eml " extension.

ooohhh God !

I would like to see Comodo develop the shellcode protection into something more like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and EMET, through I admit I have no idea on what kind of exploits Comodo’s shellcode protection does protect against and does not, I’m just expressing my idea and wish of that is what I would like to see from Comodo if it already does not cover these areas like Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and EMET, I feel this could protect against malicious scripts and other things in web pages :slight_smile:

I stopped using email filtering once I started using Avira back in the days and that was before even before I started using CFP 3.0 alpha or CIS. It never has gotten me into troubles.

From the man himself:

If you feel CIS is not protecting you enough when you browse simply run the browser in the sandbox.

Comodo has buffer overflow protection integrated in CIS which protects against:

• Detection of Buffer Overflows which occur in the STACK memory
  • Detection of Buffer Overflows which occur in the HEAP memory
  • Detection of ret2libc attacks

Unfortunately the way the legacy AV products worked required them to have checks for every layer. We are NOT a traditional AV product. The legacy AV is dead in a sense that it can’t do the job anymore Antivirus pioneer Symantec declares AV “dead” and “doomed to failure” | Ars Technica .

So you have a lot of people who are “educated” to “expect and demand” a web filter, without understanding how things work or how Comodo works. First of all, we can’t blame them for not knowing technical details. We should patiently explain to them, they will see the logic and understand that things like email/web filter to catch “malicious” files is simply unnecessary with Comodo. Once they understand, they will be grateful for us educating them and providing them this superior protection for free.

[quote author=Melih link=topic=103789.msg758996#msg758996 date=1399735043]
Unfortunately the way the legacy AV products worked required them to have checks for every layer. We are NOT a traditional AV product. The legacy AV is dead in a sense that it can’t do the job anymore Antivirus pioneer Symantec declares AV “dead” and “doomed to failure” | Ars Technica .

So you have a lot of people who are “educated” to “expect and demand” a web filter, without understanding how things work or how Comodo works. First of all, we can’t blame them for not knowing technical details. We should patiently explain to them, they will see the logic and understand that things like email/web filter to catch “malicious” files is simply unnecessary with Comodo. Once they understand, they will be grateful for us educating them and providing them this superior protection for free.