How you can help Comodo!

Thank you Xerye, we really appreciate it :slight_smile:

(CLY)

Melih

love this product so far, (V)
just a sugestion
instead of trying to get in touch and recomend Comodo to the top end sites
how about getting in touch with up and coming sites on google (CWY)

I have been asked by a friend to upgrade her photography site, she is looking to put a shopping cart facility on the site but is worried about security, I think I have just found her solution. I shall recommend you to her.

I sent the owner of this site an email re V3 and today, here it is! (Although I dare say he had a press release from COMODO, too)

http://tinyurl.com/2b9vz9

For those who donā€™t know, Bootlog is the personal web site of Rick Maybury who is the Daily Telegraphā€™s guru with all to do with computers ans their problems!

Link here:- http://tinyurl.com/2phken to their ā€œDigital Lifeā€ page. Rickā€™s contributions are FAQ,s , Facts, Fax, as well as ā€œBootcampā€ and other one off articles.

The Daily Telegraph is the U.K.'s most widely read ā€œQualityā€ newspaper.

Nice oneā€¦ thanks to Rick for publishing this on his siteā€¦and thanks to landsker for giving us a heads upā€¦

thanks
Melih

Personal opinions seem to expand the spectrum of choices!

Iā€™ve been using Comodo Personal Firewall for quite some time now and I can say that in comparison with some of the others, Comodo offers proven protectionā€¦ so Iā€™ll stay with it.

As to certification I donā€™t see the argument of big, medium or small being relevant at all. You either give a good service or you donā€™t. If someone likes Verisign - for whatever personal reasons - keep it, No one is begging anyone to change authority.

As a grateful user of Comodo products - and yes I have e-mail certification - the least I can do is to spread the word about Comodo. This leads to the following idea: why not have Comodo prepare a tag for e-mails that users can then add to their e-mails promoting COMODO!

Whilst I do not use their services, I note that MS and Yahoo does this, so why not Comodo.

(S) I like Comodo so much ā€¦ Iā€™ve made a page on my website, already got some reactions!

Thanks Comodo !

Here is the page : http://ontabec.com/comodo.html

Youre doing just great! (:AGL)

Melih

Been using Comodo Personal firewall since they first launched the product online and fortunately happen to stumble upon it while browsing the internet ā€¦ However, candidly adding, this Firewall kicks some serious spyware/malware ā– ā– ā–  (the best in business) ā€¦ Comodo!! Keep up the good work, we love you!! {Kisses}

Much cares
Dr.Ahmed,
Pakistan.

(:LOV)

It doesnā€™t really matter if Verisign has the top of mind in SSL, as long as Comodo is included in the browsers pre-loaded trusted CA lists, nobody will complain about sites using Comodo instead of Verisign. However, it would help if there is a easy to find FAQ, talking about the wrong facts about Comodo (donā€™t let people lie about you), and some campaign like:

"Why Comodo?

Because we really care about both our customers and the end users. We strongly belive security is a right and not an excuse to make money, and we help people to be more secure by:

1.- Providing -FOR FREE- excellent security software to the end users. We donā€™t ask if they are business people or non-profit organizations, our free software is free for everybody.

2.- By charging lowest prices we can offer to our curstomers. While we do intend to make profit of our business, we also make our best to keep our paid products affordable for most people. Sure, it can be called a marketing strategy, but for us it is also a matter of making security available for most people.

3.- By issuing free trial certificates to people needing them. From websites at setup phase to students working on IT projects, we do our best to help them to archive their goals, and our support desk is always there to help
people with these situations consolidated business sheldom cause. We issue our free trial certificates even for no-ip domains.

4.- ā€¦"

I want to thanks Comodo for the free trial SSL certificate they gave me. I am a student, and I was working on an e-Commerce project. We needed to enable SSL, but at the same time, we didnā€™t want to see those ugly phishing warnings IE shows when it finds a self signed certificate. We were working in a home based sever, with a no-ip domain, and when I tried to get the trial certificate, there was a problem because the no-ip.org domain was already takenā€¦ I sent a message to Comodoā€™s Support, explaining the situation, and by the next day, it was solved, and I had the certificate installed in my apache server. Making long story short, our teacher liked our e-commerce site, and we got a very good gradeā€¦ I had never seen a support team hurrying to help a ā€œcustomerā€ they already knew was not going to buy a certificate after the trial periodā€¦ but Comodoā€™s support did it. You have earned my gratitude and I will remember this if I ever need to buy a certificate.

(S) (B)

Thanks Jabbit, we really appreciate the feedback.

Melih

Very nice prices, I know a few people who would be interested in this, including myselfā€¦ Iā€™d rather spend my money with you guys than overpriced/hyped verisign anyday!

Iā€™ve told people about comodo certificates for people starting up a website :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just downloaded Comodo and Iā€™m blown away by how superior it is to any other protection software Iā€™ve tried for over a decade.

Iā€™m intrigued with the free trial as to why you give so much away.

The functionality could be stripped quite bare and Iā€™d not be offended.

However thereā€™s a reciprocal side to the equation means Comodo have impressed me enough to want to make people aware of you. I donā€™t recall that ever happening before.

Be great if you could shed some light on why itā€™s such a generous product. Iā€™m interested in how that gets articulated in a strategy. Or maybe this is standard for this category?

Thank you.

https://forums.comodo.com/melihs-corner-ceo-talkdiscussionsblog/give-all-that-for-free-whats-the-catch-how-does-comodo-make-money-t764.0.html

Just a note and comment, I had installed just the firewall on my system, I decided to add the anti virus as well, when I tried to install the anti virus it came up with an error saying that the firewall was not compatible and it needed to be uninstalled, no biggie for me but just thought I would mention it, I just uninstalled everything comodo and reinstalled the firewall + anti virus ,

Thanks for a good product keep it up
anerd4u

http://www.google.com/trends?q=comodo%2Cverisign&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0
My sincere congratulations for taking them down keep it coming.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Melih - I would like to help Comodo in another way. Could you please have a senior tech contact me via email so I can pass on information on two problems I had - one with CIS installation, and one with Time Machine/ I tried Geek Buddy twice for the CIS install; the first call was unable to resolve the problem, nut the tech was excellent, highly knowledgeable and and helped me focus my attention to a new area. I discovered what I thought might be the problem, called Geek Buddy a second time and a different tech answered the question and fixed the problem. HOWEVER - both sessions were 3 1/2 hour longā€¦the second tech totally ignored my question for over 3 hours, when he finally listened and understood, it took him just 2 minutes to delete a registry keyā€¦one that had been left after an uninstall of a previous video card. The difficulty with Time Machine caused a necessary re-installation of Windows. Which is OK - needed doing anyway, and now have double-booting OS [just in case, for next time.] I have been telling freinds and compute clients about the Comodo products. But I would like to share what I found with the CIS problem, so that it could be entered into yur tech database to help others [itā€™s possible it is by now], and to check on the question of Time Machine [it might be something Iā€™ve overlooked in the documentation, but donā€™t think so.]

I have been very impressed with the CIS, and especially the Firewall, and also the Time Machine. I am VERY eager to reinstall the Time Machine, but I do need quick consultation by email first.

I kept more-or-less detailed notes about the difficulties, so that the entire process from discovery of the difficulty to resolution would be understandable.

Thank you

Thank you for that.

You can always PM me and I will get it to relevant guys asap.

thanks
Melih