COMODO V5 & V6 Users Count Poll

Well I voted CIS 6, I returned to CIS because I can’t find other product on the market that can protect me like CIS does. :P0l
I’m a little unhappy because CIS 6 is heavy on my CPU, but in 5 days from now, I hope to see some improvement on performance area. :■■■■

CIS 6 does use more ram, mainly because it does have more processes than Version 5. If you have a decent computer, you shouldn’t notice a difference.

Hmm right… is not about ram, is the cpu I’m talking. AV scan aggressively a folder with shortcuts, again and again when I restart my pc and open the same folder. The permanent cache should be improved. But I hope the next update will fix this behavior.

I have gone back to CIS 6 as i miss the look of this program plus its light. :-TU

I am not saying this will fix all or recommending an OS repair/reinstall for everyone with issues.
I do wonder if some OSs with high CIS resource usage is caused by some form of corruption or integrity issues with the system that for some reason is only showing its ugly face with CIS V6.
repair resintall XP fixes cmdagent slowing

The added processes in V6 are in fact an improved architecture to help with system resources usage and improved fault tolerance.
With the above in mind and the fact that a lot of users do not have resource usage issues, it does make you wonder. :-\

That may well help in some cases but every test I’ve done has been on clean systems with only the OS and CIS installed. As far as resource usage is concerned, use something other than task manager for a more accurate picture.

One observation I have made, is that CIS 6 performs better, for me, on XP than on Windows 7 or 8, with the same hardware. One thing I’d like to know is, if there are any differences between Intel and AMD based systems. Also, with discrete or integrated GPUs. At present I only have Intel boxes although that may change soon.

Well good point, this also I love to know, the difference on Intel cpu/ Amd cpu. I run CIS under windows 7 and amd 1,6 ghz dual core. And I must say, CIS wear to much my cpu, during virus database update, and again when I open a folder with shortcuts for the first time after the reboot. So, yes I feel the impact of CIS on my Amd cpu. And ram usage is excellent about 12-20mb. I would love to see how CIS is working after the next update(on 18 next week, if there are no issue on development).

I have an AMD quad core APU at 1.5 GHz (max 2.4) running Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit and another machine (both HP laptops) running XP Pro 32 bit with an AMD Turion 1.8 GHz single core processor and there are no CPU usage issues on either machine with CIS 6. The suite performs excellently on both machines.

Happy to hear that. Yes the only issue I experience is only on the opening on that folder full with program shortcuts, and during the update. Other then this CIS is light, my hopes are on the next release, to do at least something on the problem with that folder, because IMO if all the program are safe and the are in TVL, why not making a permanent cache that will include everything that is safe, only time when they will be scanned will be on full scan/or if something has changed.
I’m happy with CIS don’t get me wrong. I only wish to see a little performance improvement to be more happy. :slight_smile:

I like version 5 more because:

1. I like the old GUI more.

2. I don’t use sandbox anyway and version 5 give the warnings in more comprehensive way.

3. The rules can’t be added as in version 5 - in version 6 I should add an exe and then to modify the file path as I want (to add this rule for example - ?:*)

4. Logs are awkward for reading (the columns are too short by default and I should expand them every time I open a log file). Also when scrolling to read the log down - it’s too fast and I should use the page slider instead.

5. I don’t like the widget and the other things which came with Comodo 6. I prefer to keep my desktop clean.

However I was disappointed to understand that the HIPS on version 5 failed on the file below:

Lock.exe

download:

hXXp://rghost.net/45159385

VirusTotal results: (yeah I know the file is already detected by Comodo anti-virus engine).

Even in paranoid mode + modified protected files and folders settings - it failed to catch the dropped *.bat file.

I included the executables and temp groups to the protected files and folders, all drives and also I entered manually the following reg file to the protected registry keys - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor - with no avail. Comodo was still unable to block the malware.

It give alerts about cmd.exe, net.exe, net1.exe, user32.dll, rundll32.exe but if the user allow them (since they are safe executables), then the malware will change the admin password and will log-off you. Yes, there are a log of tools which can be used to reset the password…also sandbox in version 5/6 will block the file as well…However the hips in version 5 need to be improved a little bit. I didn’t test the HIPS (v6).

PrivateFirewall detected the bat file and gave me an option to block its attempt to write to the registry.

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Georgi

Agree on that. I have a “My Shortcuts” folder on my taskbar. The first time I open it there is always a delay while it is scanned. I even added the folder to the exclusions list and it still happens.
Makes me want to go mid >:-D sometimes . :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I voted V6.
It has some maturing to do but it really is a vast step up from V5 imo.
And I LOVE the widget. I run multiple monitors and have a section of my second monitor devoted to system monitoring. The widget fits right in perfectly. No need to open the GUI to see how many apps are running in the sandbox or what files are unrecognized. The traffic pane is nice and having access to my most used common tasks on the widget is just awesome. I have very little reason to even open the GUI. That wittle widget :stuck_out_tongue: keeps most of what I need front and center for me. :slight_smile:

HIPS of version 6 also fail. (Proactive security with paranoid mode).Only BB could stop this sample. Please improve your HIPS protection.
I voted to 6 version, because of improvements.

To be honest with you, I personally use CIS 6 without HIPS, and with BB set to Untrusted is protecting me very good without to much alerts like HIPS does. So yes, BB will have better control and power in near future. Right now I start to like BB more than the HIPS. I was a HIPS fan till I met the BB :slight_smile:

I am running 5.12 because until now none of version 6 have run smoothly in my sys for whatever reasons. That happenned also for version 4.5 and 4.9, I had to go back to 3.14

I am waiting for the next program version 6 to come out to try again. I like Comodo and I am not giving it up so easily ;D

CIS 6 is better in everything except its slowness in loading interface.
CIS 6 accepts best additions User Settings.

My main gripe about v6 is the waste of space on the Home screen. I would like to see some more statuses/statistics on my computers health. I also feel that v5 was a bit lighter on my netbook.

That Scan/Sandbox drop box in the GUI can go. I have never used it and never intend on using it. I find it much faster to right click.

Otherwise I love the full virtualization! The new interface is great for less advanced users. I can’t believe how far COMODO has come.

My Vote is for Version 6!

I used v6 because it’s less intrusive, but the flipping animation on my older xp machines is sloww.

I like there HIPS. It is strong and I hope they keep improving it as well.

hi Friends…
Well well. COMODO 6.1 Released and I Upgraded To V6.1. I want Reset the Poll to know which users Upgraded to V6. COMODO V6.1 Have Active Connections . that’s we missed in V6.0. and We have Active Connections Now. Time to Upgrade. Don’t think? Everything Works Great! Friends

That’s right my friend :-TU

CIS v6.1 has View Connections & Description alerts in Verbose mode is not hidden & V6.1 is very light too.