COMODO Leak Test Suite Updated Version

huh ??? i’ve read some ppl didn’t get max score with default setting, but 50/340 ???

Hye,
50/340 ???
i wish i could get this score, i have only 30/340 and it is about 1 week i ask anywhere i can get better score…
For this test,i trying to do some change myself,result ???
I need to format my os hd once(2 days spending off installing about 60 programs) and i unistall and reinstall(cleaning regedit all the time between operation) about now 7 times,score is always the same
Maybe cause off this result it is a have a USB modem plug in and i don’t use lan but ordinary usb adsl.
I am really dissapoint about this…and i feel to try another firewall that in my case offer me better protection
Regards
prandi63

The user has got a point, though. CIS’s default settings should provide a stong protection for the average user who has no idea how to answer to all those alerts in Safe Mode or even in Paranoid Mode. They would freak out!!! And with a good reason.

Most of security suites and other security apps offer a great protection with default settings, but seems not to be the case with CIS.

I really would like to see, in this case, Defense+, to offer a very strong protection without freaking out users. Why not, perhaps, rebuild Defense+ from scratch so that it will be a mixture of HIPS and Behavior Blocker (without user interaction), so that most users can have D+ with default settings? And when I mean default settings, I mean all the main settings of Defense+, just not as much as intrusive as it is right now.

(I will be testing BitDefender Total Security later without both Default and Advanced settings. I have a legal license!!! Be grumpy! Call me greedy!!! :wink: I got it from BitDefender when I beta tested their software. Cool!!! Will see how it performs.)

CIS latest version with default setting reach 320/340.

Please open a topic about that in D+ help section on the international board. I’m sure you’ll get plenty of help.

You forgot to mention that indipendent developed testsuites are there to eventually confirm the results.

Leaktest are PoC meant to address specific vulnerabilities I guess the consideration to trust the result or not should be at least backed with some more argumentative attempt other than leveraging on mistrust.

That’s another solution but IMHO it cannot replace a full HIPS expecially if behaviours are hard-coded and the user can only interact with a limited set of alerts assuming that since it’s “behavioural” it should be nasty. While Zero alert solution are only theorical IMHO it would prove way useful for the users to be willing to learn about what freak them out.

There is no point to have a security software at all if the user willingly falls prey of email scams. the time of install and forget are long gone.

Hye,
well,on default i got 30/330,i did install and unistall about 10 times,changing setting always same result.
i think all is about dll checking that at me it shows no message.
Here below i show what i have on my setting Comodo so far :

proactive
D+ paranoid
FW safe mode

if you need more pic let me know

prandi63

[attachment deleted by admin]

Why did you set firefox, explorer, msims as “installer or updater”??? ???

Hye,
do i have to change setting of these programs???
I try some change and i get blocked comodo,needed restart pc and changing in windows provisory modality
I change like this
programs as trusted(but some of them i get other message and they change what i did before like svchost)
windows programs as windows system application
i have svchost as custom (i try windows system application but always i get message like now)calling port 53 and i don’t know i have to use installer or update or other set
test 30/340

prandi63

I know this is a Comodo designed test and that Defense+ is an integral part of CIS, but by relying so much on Defense+, is the leak test suite really testing the CIS Firewall? It seems like the HIPS part of CIS is doing most of the work in these leak tests. By choosing ‘Allow’, aren’t you bypassing the Defense+ part of CIS and then testing only the Firewall part of the program, which gives the CIS Firewall a much lower score? Is this a convoluted way of looking at this leak test suite in regards to the CIS program, or does the question have merit?

BTW, I scored 340 out of 340, with the Firewall and Defense+ set to Safe Mode and all the Monitor Settings checked. The Advanced Predefined Security Policies Trusted Applications Protection Settings were all set to ‘Yes’. The Windows System Applications Protection Settings were all set to ‘Yes’, except Windows/WinEvent Hooks was left at "No’. Isolated Applications Protection Settings were all left at ‘No’, and the Limited Applications were all set to ‘Yes’. With these settings I didn’t get any Defense+ popups to answer. I still have to wonder, was the CIS Firewall really being tested by this leak test suite, or was Defense+ doing most of the work because of the advanced settings chosen?

Hye,
i got today,after a click on D+ computer security policy under ‘‘treat as’’ a deeper menu as ‘‘access rights’’ and ‘‘protection setting’’ i put all in blocked(both menu) and i got 340/340 but no internet page shown.
Closed it and set clt in trusted app then i try again program got again message select installer and update and i got again 30/340
Changing again in custom and i got again 340/340
Is that right???
I think test like this it is not good ,otherwise i have to block all programs and then maybe i got pc blocked
I get confusing

prandi63

huh ??? errr,what’s the point of creating rule for CLT?
i think you should assume the CLT as a new unknown application.
and then you run it, and see how CIS handle it,and when the popup shows up, you answer accordingly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello Comodo folks and staff

FYI i tried the new CLT Test and am very happy to report that EQS Beta3 w/ Alcyon’s Crushing Rulesets blowed this test out of the water.

In conjunction with PG 3.5 & MAMUTU only as well as my little Kerio 2.15 firewall.

Can you come up with a more strenous test in the future? These are interesting.

Thanks EASTER

hii. a good point buddy. some leak tests are meant for firewall and some are meant for hips and some for both. so if we disable defence plus and run the tests the firewall should atleast generate the pop ups for the tests meant for firewall tests. but i dont know if there are leak tests meant for firewall only in comodo leak tests.

thanxx

naren

170/340

All i have on my computer is Spybot Search & Destroy :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

XP SP3 in Safe Mode

340/340

Hi

Any news when this “online type” leak test suite will be available?

:slight_smile:

Bump ;).

:slight_smile:

thanks. you are a gentleman.