COMODO Internet Security 8.0.0.4337 is released!

I have slow internet and I can not download the CIS :frowning: :-[ (:AGY)

Hello

What fundamental difference between HIPS Groups and Protected Objects ?
And also What is the benefit of adding HIPS Groups ?
Is it possible to Comodo developers are planning to Enabled the HIPS in the default mode !!!

Tank you for another great release

A number of people (including me) cannot even install this “more secure and faster version”. And I think this number of people are lucky taking into account a lot of critical problems those appear right after such update. Just check this out: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis-b137.0/

CIS 5.12 was the best of the best - and then disaster starts. And looks like CIS 8 is a good continuation of such policy.

gjf, if you (or anyone else) is having trouble getting this new version to install correctly, please try following the advice I give in this post. It will be able to solve most problems.

Thanks.

Hello

Are there someone explain to me what these files utility!!!

C:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader\cis\download\installs\xml_binaries

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you, Chiron.
But I remember issues when moving from CIS 6 to CIS 7, so all your suggestions were taken into account.
Actually I wrote about that:

And the main question in this situation: why CIS 7 installer works good and CIS 8 installer - not?

I can see the only way to solve the problem - to re-install OS. But sorry - I don’t think CIS 8 (and any other security product - free or paid) are so good that it can cost full system re-installation.

Also, I can’t understand why they don’t have the installer simply update a currently installed version manually. They just need to include the same method as when the internal updater is used. I have other software that updates current versions when the normal installer is run (Adobe Reader and uTorrent, just to mention a couple of them).

sorry guys but its seems that the problem is isolated to some few users. as for example, I installed cis 8 on my own machine and everything is ok there. now i have installed cis 8 on 8 more machines (desktops and notebooks) and all running great. only one of these was a new installation. the 7 others where upgrade from cis 7 and cis 5.12.

all running great in all these machines. some with win 7 sp1 pro and some with win 8 and win 8.1update1.

You are referring to the Yandex components. Comodo has a hook up with Yandex for the Russian market. I don’t know the specifics; I just know it’s there.

But why are only available for Russia !

Donno, but “few” means at least three latest posts in “Installation” topic.
And looks like support doesn’t care about these posts - they asked for logs and became quiet after that. Very professional.
OK, if the company is ready to lose “few” customers and show the support is totally absent (by the way - it’s a good advertisement for paid support) - OK, I have nothing to say on this.

I’ve noticed that Comodo’s KillSwitch actually detects more malware than the Comodo security suite. I’ve tested malware in the system and things that Comodo IS missed, was actually detected by KillSwitch. Not all, but a significant amount.

It seems very weird to me that such a tool would be better at detection than the suite itself.

was there a new update today? my dragon icon is different, also virtual is different as well
thanks

Dragon 36.1 was released, and I suspect your dragon was autoupdated.
See the Dragon release announcement here.

yes i was auto updated. hopefully the flash issue was fixed,but today so far so good

I don’t know specifics because I am not a Comodo employee.

What specific topic are you referring to?

And looks like support doesn't care about these posts - they asked for logs and became quiet after that. Very professional. OK, if the company is ready to lose "few" customers and show the support is totally absent (by the way - it's a good advertisement for paid support) - OK, I have nothing to say on this.
The Comodo Forums are for end users supporting each other. The forums are a different support system than the support system for paid users. They cannot be compared.

Comodo staff usually only checks the bug report section for reported problems. But sometimes around a big release they may also check the help boards and release topic. They are only interacting to collect information and do not provide process updates. That does not mean things will not get fixed.

The problems may get solved in upcoming updates. Stay tuned.

i cant download, the link is not work, when the download is 50 mb , download manager says download corrupt or error.

Can you try clearing your browser’s cache and restarting your browser and see if that makes a difference or not?

“Full Scan” hangs when scanning. Another problem CIS 8

http://i9.pixs.ru/thumbs/9/0/3/Snimokekra_7943899_14887903.jpg