COMODO Internet Security 3.9.74913.496 RC1 Bug Reports - LOCKED

Arabic language does not exist in the installation wizard

I’ve corrected this issue in this way:

sirio.

1. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32x

2. Eset NOD32x version 4, Webroot SpySweeper 6.1.0.110, Malwarebytes Antimalware 1.36 (free version). At the moment of the issue I was running USB Safely Remove, Asus Security Protect Manager, Infeon Security Platform, RocketDock, Mozilla Firefox, DUMeter, QIP, Total Commander, MS Word and Free Download Manager

3. I do not know if it is a bug, but for sure I will post it. When I am installing a new programm (or in the main screen I switch to the installation mode) after few minutes a tab informs me, if I want to switch to the previous mode. That is normall. When I click yes, normally CIS switches to the previous mode, but in my computer not. After another few minutes tab appears again and I can not to switch to the previous mode when clicking to this tab. I can switch to the previous mode only from the main screen of the CIS.

I have installed only firewall. My firewall security Level is set to “Custom policy mode” and “defence+ security level” is set to clean PC mode. In the version 3.8 (the latest) this worked fine, so I thought there is something wrong.

1. When clicking to the that tab I tried to wait some time (thinking CIS needs some time), also close and reopen the main screen, but it did not help.

2. N/A

3. I attach a link to video of this issue (following your forum policy §5 - subsection 1 and §8 - subsection 5)

1. all the issues above, that I posted earlier, did not appear in the version 3.8 (same configuration, same programms running). Is there something specific in my computer?

Thank you.

Peter

Don’t know if it’s a CIS 3.9 bug, but when I use Avast! alongside comodo firewall and Defence plus, CIS firewall doesn’t detect any internet explorer and firefox activity (no traffic in tray, no rules created).
Also, CIS 3.9 fails some leak test (i.e. dns and impersonation coat)
If I use cavs instead I don’t have such kind of problems and I get a perfect score of 340/340.
Maybe it has something to do with Avast! webshield?

Can you please report the operating system details? It might be a conflict with Avast!'s network drivers. Can you try installing Avast and then CFP and see if this resolves the issue?

Why the messages of the “Tip of the day” window aren’t translated in the international versions :frowning: ??

I have been trying CIS 3.9…496 RC1 with the latest Windows 7 (RC / 7100).
On the whole everything seems fine, however I tried running Halo2 and have run into a problem.
The game installs fine, but when I try to run it, it throws up the following error:

Live Gaming on Windows failed to initialize.

I have to use the “Deactivate the Defense+ permanently (Requires a system restart)” checkbox to get around the problem. Simply setting the Defense+ slider to disabled doesn’t work.

I have tried the same CIS 3.9…496 RC1 on Vista SP1 and Halo2 runs OK on there with all the default settings on CIS.

apparently clicking switch to installation mode or vice versa refreshes the display with the correct information except upon reboot resets to 0/0 for D+.

I have Vista home edition 32 bit with service pack 1. I’ve already tried to install first Avast and then CIS without the av, and viceversa, but the issue remains.

Have you tried disabling the network shield in Avast?That would seem to be a likely cause since it has some firewall-like functionality,or perhaps the Webshield.

Yes, I also tried to temporarily disable all the avast shield not only the network and webshield, but nothing.
Maybe there are some incompatibility issue at low driver level

Vista64 SP1 no other security software beside CIS RC1.
Clean and full install of CIS RC1 everything is OK. Uninstall it and clean install only firewall and D+ then number of applications active in memory are wrong. They start with 0 but when I click OK in D+ General settings they magically appears but if I close/open some of them then I must click again OK to refresh the number in main window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I think we have addressed this issue now. We will go for another RC this thursday that addresses a lot of other issues. It should have this fix.

Egemen

This is great news!! :-TU

hi the picture says it all!

I have the D+ icon choped off and the last icon is gone!

XP sp3 & sp2 (in virtual machine and real machine)
No other securtiy software
I have tryed to fix it (could not)

I think this may have something to do with what screen size CIS starts in the first time!!!

Running the latest RC on XPP SP3 with no problems encountered…nice job Comodo.

1. Your Operating System: Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Spyware Blaster, Super AntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: CIS is running
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: NA
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: NA
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: attached
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

I just noticed that the CIS Summary tab is showing 0 outbound and 0 inbound connections. That obviously cannot be correct, since I am connected to the Internet via an always-on cable connection.

What is the screen resolution size to get this result?

its happen on 3.8 and now on 3.9
Not sure exacly what the screen size is its happen on my real screen that is 1650 by 1050 and i will keep trying the virtual PC to replicate the problem

it tends to fix it self some times or after a system reboot sometimes not
It was just a sugestion im not sure if it has anything to do with screen resolution!!
but its anoying if it doesn’t fix it self after a reboot!

i would try to update my video card drivers.