COMODO Internet Security 3.9.74913.496 RC1 Bug Reports - LOCKED

Windows XP Pro, SP3:

1. after installing Comodo Firewall, when reboot, the OS hangs at “Loading your personal settings” when logon onto a network. It is able to logon if the network is un-plugged.

What tried: Booted in safe mode and run Comodo UI to put the firewall and Defense+ in training mode then reboot: it only hang for about 60 seconds. No hanging if uninstalled COMODO.

1. Even an on-screen cursor-translation application (Xdic.exe) is allowed to “Interprocess Memory Accesses”, Defense+ still prevents “Xdic.exe” to access the memory of “cfp.exe”.

Reason: cfp.exe is apart of protected files of COMODO. Is there a rule to override that, if we know Xdict.exe is safe to do that?

Welcome to the Forum, Medp7060.

Yes, there is a fix to your interprocess memory Access issue:

Memory sharing issue.
Select Defense+/Advanced/Computer Security Policy.
Scroll down to Comodo Internet Security, select Edit/Protection Settings.
Interprocess memory Access (Active Yes) select Modify/Add/Running processes.
Scroll down to locate the application. Click it and click “Select”.
Then just “Apply” to each window as you exit.

Try this and report back. Thank you.

Thanbks, John Buchanan. The Memory Accesses exception for “Computer Security Policy” did the trick. Now Defense+ pertmits the access to the memory of “cfp.exe”.

If I scan a set of samples and clean files and Comodo detects up to 9000 viruses it freezes completey when I click “Results”.

I’m wondering what would happen on a computer having so many viruses. I’ve seen many. You should really fix this issue.

I can confirm this has happen to me at least once when scanning a huge number of baddies… CIS comodo vs 72 001 malwares - YouTube

But has not cared to try again… The scan it self was long… and boring… 88) :slight_smile:

EDIT: Operation system for me was windows XP service pack 3, and the thingy freezed when clicking “results” just as pykko did… Not before, scan went fine, viewing results did not…

=)

So my friend who have XP don’t realy have it? You mean that if a CIS bug only appear in Vista then it don’t count? It’s says that CIS supports Vista in download pages?
If I uninstall CIS and run OA with AntiVir or ESET Smart Security then DPC Latency Checker (http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml) is nice and green without any audio glitches.
So it’s CIS issue and it started version 3.8 and haven’t been fixed.

To reproduce it’s just have lots of networktraffic for exampel Spotify. It’s says that in the bug report and it also says that is the firewall fault.

This is the last time I’m going to report a bug in CIS. Your attitude about bad criticism and try to push it to someone others fault.

Bye

Running Windows 7 build 7077 and now the 7100, the cfp tray icon keeps disappearing from the tray entirely, and can only be restored through re-running the shortcut from the start menu. The executable is still running, but (using process explorer) the “window” cannot be retrieved/opened by it, so I imagine it isn’t just a “small” bug, as rule requests also don’t show while the tray icon is gone.
Not sure if it keeps recurring, but it happens at least once after every reboot session. (Will update this post later)

Bug occurred in CIS 3.9 builds 491, 494, and now 496.

Also, the Action Center still doesn’t recognize “old” way in which comodo tells it that it is running.

1. Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32x
  2. Eset NOD32x version 4, Webroot SpySweeper 6.1.0.110, Malwarebytes Antimalware 1.36 (free version). At the moment of the issue I was running USB Safely Remove, Asus Security Protect Manager, Infeon Security Platform, RocketDock, Mozilla Firefox, DUMeter, QIP
  3. I wanted to add files to “My safe file list”, but when I clicked to “Počítač (My Computer)”, there was no disk C, D
  4. I tried to restart my PC and tried it again, but without results. In the previous version (latest 3.8) it was ok.
  5. N/A
  6. see pictures 3a, 3a_2

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Eset NOD32x version 4, Webroot SpySweeper 6.1.0.110, Malwarebytes Antimalware 1.36 (free version). At the moment of the issue I was running USB Safely Remove, Asus Security Protect Manager, Infeon Security Platform, RocketDock, Mozilla Firefox, DUMeter, QIP
  3. Threatcast is not working. Somewhere in the forum I read that it could work when I am connected to the internet while installing CIS (only firewall). So I tried it, but no success. There is no Threatcast tab when I run an application and am trying to connect to the internet (this application I do not have in my network security policy)
  4. also tried to restart my PC, but it did not help
  5. see pictures 1, 2

3. I have only installed firewall of CIS (with maximum protection). Firewall is set to “Custom policy mode” and Defence+ is set to “Clean PC mode”. I was copying some programms to my USB and was wondering there were no files in my pending list. And also I think the Defence+ logging do not work (in the previous version 3.8.xxx I always have there some items)
  4. N/A
  5. see pictures 1, 2

3. for some reason I hate to restart Windows Explorer (I copied networx installer from desktop to my USB and WIndows explorer freezed). After restarting in tray there was no CIS icon. But in task manager CIS (cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe) is running.
  4. N/A
  5. see pistures 1, 2

No. I am telling that according to that thread this issue reproduces in Vista. There are serious differences with Vista and XP version in terms of firewall driver. And from 3.5 to 3.8, only the Vista version changed.

This is the last time I'm going to report a bug in CIS. Your attitude about bad criticism and try to push it to someone others fault.

No i am sorry you felt that way. I am trying to identify the issue ad fix it before the release. So thank you very much for the feedback.

Hi Daniel,

If you are moving TO the USB drive i.e. a removable drive, D+ should not report them in my pending files because removable drives are not trusted by default. However if you move FROM the USB drive to your fixed drives, only the UNSAFE ones must be reported.

Also Periodically, Defense+ purges this list. So for example, after some time, files are no longer acessible, they will be removed.

So according to this logic, can you please test again?

Thanks,
Egemen

Hello Egemen,

I tried to reproduce this issue according to your logic, but with the same result. I made a short video and tried to post it, but the web page was not able to upload it (as a RAR file it has 6,4 MB). Can I send it to you by mail (if you give me your adress?)?

Thanks.

Thanks

So what is the issue exactly?

You move some files from your USB drive to your harddisk(FIXED) and you dont see those files in My PEnding files?
Can you pls test with NOT SAFE files and let me know?

Thx,
Egemen

I really do not understand. I tried several times and with no result (there were no files in my pending files when copying from USB to fixed drive). But now i tried it one more time and the files are in my pending files. Really strange. Please sorry for false alarm (:SHY)

Thanks

PS: but the first case I have on that video. I do not understand…

Sorry, I am again :slight_smile: I uploaded my videos, so you can see what CIS in my PC is doing (with respect to forum policy §5 - subsection 1 and §8 - subsection 5). Please, tell me your opinion and if I make somewhere mistake.

Thank you very much.

Peter

1. XP sp3
  2. See the screenshot
  3. Display in Italian language
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem (None)
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (none)
  6. yes
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful (none)

This underlined doesn’t appear translated, even if the strings are translated.

in English:

In Italian:

The windows “Access Right” should be increased.
Regards,

sirio.

I have the same issue with this version as I posted for the previous 3.9.73015.489 BETA.
It crashed on the first reboot after installing.
Crash dump file attached again.

XP 64bit SP2 and updated from windows update
no other resident or installed security software

As I have updated to RC1 (496), I no longer have this issue. Great work COMODO ;D