COMODO Internet Security 3.9.74913.496 RC1 Bug Reports - LOCKED

apparently clicking switch to installation mode or vice versa refreshes the display with the correct information except upon reboot resets to 0/0 for D+.

I have Vista home edition 32 bit with service pack 1. I’ve already tried to install first Avast and then CIS without the av, and viceversa, but the issue remains.

Have you tried disabling the network shield in Avast?That would seem to be a likely cause since it has some firewall-like functionality,or perhaps the Webshield.

Yes, I also tried to temporarily disable all the avast shield not only the network and webshield, but nothing.
Maybe there are some incompatibility issue at low driver level

Vista64 SP1 no other security software beside CIS RC1.
Clean and full install of CIS RC1 everything is OK. Uninstall it and clean install only firewall and D+ then number of applications active in memory are wrong. They start with 0 but when I click OK in D+ General settings they magically appears but if I close/open some of them then I must click again OK to refresh the number in main window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I think we have addressed this issue now. We will go for another RC this thursday that addresses a lot of other issues. It should have this fix.

Egemen

This is great news!! :-TU

hi the picture says it all!

I have the D+ icon choped off and the last icon is gone!

XP sp3 & sp2 (in virtual machine and real machine)
No other securtiy software
I have tryed to fix it (could not)

I think this may have something to do with what screen size CIS starts in the first time!!!

Running the latest RC on XPP SP3 with no problems encountered…nice job Comodo.

1. Your Operating System: Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Spyware Blaster, Super AntiSpyware, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: CIS is running
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: NA
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: NA
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: attached
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

I just noticed that the CIS Summary tab is showing 0 outbound and 0 inbound connections. That obviously cannot be correct, since I am connected to the Internet via an always-on cable connection.

What is the screen resolution size to get this result?

its happen on 3.8 and now on 3.9
Not sure exacly what the screen size is its happen on my real screen that is 1650 by 1050 and i will keep trying the virtual PC to replicate the problem

it tends to fix it self some times or after a system reboot sometimes not
It was just a sugestion im not sure if it has anything to do with screen resolution!!
but its anoying if it doesn’t fix it self after a reboot!

i would try to update my video card drivers.

You may be right unfortunately,sometimes security applications just don’t work in tandem.

Still having a bug where “Installation Mode” never switches back to normal mode after clicking “YES” on the popup.

Manually opening the main “Summary” window and clicking “Switch back to previous mode” does set it back to normal.

However the popup asking the Yes/No question should be working before the next release.

Hi, Please tell exact version of your CIS.
have you tried to exit and launch CIS GUI after boot-up?

Do you have any Defense+ rules for 3dmark installer?
Also look in explorer.exe Defense+ rule under access rights → run an executable → Modify… button
there are two lists in there, check is there is no 3dmark components in block list.

Another idea - if you install 3dmark and other application you noted are MSI packages - blocked msiexec could cause your problem - check rules for it in the same way as above.

Operating system: Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3 + online updates
CIS version: 3.9.74913.496
Other security software: None
Firewall security level: Custom Policy Mode
Defense+ security level: Clean PC Mode
Antivirus settings: Default
Database version: 1141
DPI: 120

Log Viewer’s Filters don’t work as expected, some of them don’t work at all.
I know it is not a priority, but if the feature like filtering logs is implemented in CIS one would expect it will work at some point of development.
Anyway, I’m too lazy to make a new report so I just quote original thread.

COMODO Internet Security 3.9.75615.498 RC2 Bug Reports starts after this message.

I would like to thank our moderator BAD_Frogger for cooperating with me using EasyVPN. With his help, we have identified the bug in CIS that could lead to a not-functioning firewall in Windows XP 64.

Egemen