COMODO Internet Security 3.5.53518.419 RC2 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

I try O&O 11 but have not any problem. Try run Windows Scan disk at first.

He probably blocked a loopback connection on port 50300, that’s why it isn’t working for him.

ok O&O in a Trusted Application It works. (CNY)

Thanks gibran, will give it a try if I have any further problems. Seems OK at the moment - it was quite a suble bug! Do you know which is at fault CMF or the firewall?

Mike

I am having the exact same problem…

1. 32 bit SP 1 Vista Home Prem
  2. None
  3. None
  4. Tried manual updates and I receive the Following message (see pic)
  5. None
  6. See Pic
  7. None

[attachment deleted by admin]

(Severity = moderate)
In defence plus, predefined policies list does not include ‘installer or updater’, even though installer or updater is referenced as a predefined policy in computer security policy. Installer or updater does not appear at all in firewall predefined policies. Possible result of this is that when presented with alerts you cannot always choose to treat an updater application as an updater. (NB not had time to fully investigate this, so may have misunderstood)

1. Your Operating System: XP SP3 32 bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Avira Basic, Spybot, CMF
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue:
    a) Navigate to predefined policies lists and computer security list and look for installer or updator on both
    b) Install some google software on a machine with no google software on it (& therefore no firewall setttings for google updater). Google updater will cause firewall to pop up alerts, but you will not be able to choose to treat it as an updater.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: No idea how to.
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: not applicable
  7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here: not applicable
  8. Any other information you can think of: Sorry nothing - just frequently cannot choose to treat an app as an installer when I want to. Presumably related to the fact that when an app is recognised as installer updater, you are asked whether you want to go into installation mode. Popping up this query is not an option for user-defined policies

Context-Menu scanner show’s double slashes when scanning the c:\ drive.

1. Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32
  2. CMF, BOClean
  3. Start a scan on the root of the drive
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done

Context-Menu scanner cut’s of long pathnames and does not show Status Completed at the end.

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. Start a scan, scan files in long paths and look at the end when finished.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done.

Alert Ignore ONCE need 33x clicking when opening a folder that does contain a “virus”.

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. Open a folder with a virus in it, it will Alert and you have to click “Ignore Once” 33 times for the Alert to disappear
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. N/A.

Clicking round in the GUI sometimes gives “virusdatabase out-of-date” alerts on the status screen and lower info bar.

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. I was just clicking around and all of a sudden the “virusdatabas out-of-date” appeared.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. N/A.

When pausing the Manual Scan, the Status indicator get’s updated by the Real-Time scanner.

This also causes strange results when comparing manual scan’s i ran a manual scan with archives size set to 50MB and one with size set to 999MB the last one scanned LESS files, this could probably be caused by the Real-Time interfering with the Manual Scan “counter”.

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. I was just clicking around and all of a sudden the “virusdatabas out-of-date” appeared.
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done.
  7. N/A.
  8. See the first scan with 50MB and the second with 999MB, 195 files less counted.

Confirmed on Windows XP SP3. “virusdatabase out-of-date” does appear when that happens, and rarely under SOME circumstances, and when I click “Update Database” on main GUI, no updates available.

Josh

Scan Finished results can still be “escaped” and you will lose the options to take action on the found results !

If you run a manual scan and the scan is completed press ESC on the small window, it will disappear silently without giving you the option to take action on the found results, if you have just been waiting for 1 1/2 hours to finish the scan this is no fun ! it should ask “are you sure” on exit or present the results on exit (preferred).

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. See above
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done.

Thumbnail view on Vista taskbar is not working if GUI is minimized while manual scan is running.

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. See above
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done.

Minimizing the Manual Scan windows pull’s up the main GUI in front of other windows.

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. See above
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. Done.

Launchy Indexing takes 6 minutes instead of 20 seconds

Launchy is a tool to speed start your applications, press Alt-Space type a part of the name and you can start everything on your system this way, lauchy indexes the .lnk files etc every so many times, doing a manual update now takes 6 minutes instead of 20 seconds to index files on disk !

2. CMF, BOCLean
  3. See above
  4. N/A.
  5. N/A.
  6. N/A.

Also Reported for previous versions:

For the AV Scan “Critical Areas” the \Users{LoggedOnUser} folder is not scanned.

It scans:

• \Windows
  • \Program Files
  • \ProgramData → All Users [C:\ProgramData]

I think the user folder should be part of “Critical Areas” also.

2. CMF, BOClean
  3. Put a detectable malware in the \Users{LoggedOnUser} folder and start a Critical Areas scan.
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. N/A

I can confirm this for Windows XP (32bit) SP3. CIS & BOClean installed and running.

Using PerfectDisk 2008 is seriously slowed down. Analysing take approx five times longer; because of that I don’t even dare to defragment. As a workaround I disable the AV residential shield; the cause lies somewhere there.

1. I am on Vista 32 SP1
  2. Security and other relevant program
    Spywareblaster
    Spybot Search and Destroy with sdwinsec running
    A squared Free with a2service running
    Super Antispyware Free
    Malwarebytes antimalware
    Wnpatrol (not residential)
    Perfect Disk services
  3. See the above.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned before but reading through 6 pages worth of posts takes some time (especially if your a slow reader like me) ^_^. These observations address my problems really but may help others :).

1. Cannot update virus database when behind a proxy (i.e work environment)

From observation, I have noticed that cmdagent.exe is used to do the update. Cmdagent.exe tries to connect to comodo’s server directly. I.e <comodo’s ip>:80, ignoring IE’s settings. However, my connection at work is setup (via IE) to use :8080.

CIS itself is able to update as it uses IE’s settings (i.e :8080) and also uses cfpupdat.exe instead.

1. CIS constantly prompting for update on Vista computers even though the latest version is installed.

By chance, I disabled UAC (Vista’s annoying prompts) and by doing this the update was able to complete and asked for reboot. On returning to the desktop, manually update was now saying that I was running the latest version.

:slight_smile:

Edit: My original post with system spec is below:-
https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_3553518419_rc2_bug_reports-t28550.0.html;msg208194#msg208194