COMODO Internet Security 3.5.53518.419 RC2 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision (Instructions for XP and Vista)
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here
  8. Any other information you can think of

Cheers,
Josh

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 With SP3
COMODO BOclean 4.27, Windows Defender

1. When opening CAVS3 RC2, if you click on the link (date/time) when the virus database was updated, it will report the time the updater checks for an update regardless if there is an update or not.

2. The main window and possibly other windows related to CAVS3 RC2 never seem to be centered on my screen unless I center them. Rebooting Windows XP and reopening CAV3 RC2 doesn’t remember the centered window from earlier.

This was reported in earlier betas and I can confirm this. Thanks again for reporting. :-TU

Josh

Not really bugs, but improvement ideas (hopefully already being planned :BNC )…

1. A list of current malware/viruses CAVS3 RC2 detects. A button in the ANTIVIRUS section would be awesome. Also perhaps making the database number version shown in the ABOUT window a hyperlink that shows the same thing the button would in the ANTIVIRUS section too.

2. A log of when a scan ran, what was detected (0 for nothing), etc. A link or button in the SUMMARY section would be cool.

Hello,
Again update dont work correctly! After the update to RC2 it still says there is new updates but that is not true!
When will be fixed? Is very annoying!!! ???

Not here… WFM.

Still “Clean PC Mode” isn’t working correctly:
Manually added files to “My pending files” are still processed as trusted!

XP 32 SP3.

The update works, it’s the program update checker, that you are perhaps referring to. In all honesty it’s a minor bug or inconvenience. In Miscellaneous, Settings, Update, unticking “Automitically check for the program update”, solves the problem, albeit temporarily, if it irritates.

- CF update integrity mismatch. When you use built-in updater or you import your previous configuraton then you lose all the newest rules predefined by Comodo which affects security;

• Performance issue when remembering answer from Def+ alerts (200+ of rules);

- Buttons in CF alerts are not highlighted when they are selected if you use keyboard to navigate through available options/answers;

- CIS crashes during startup in Virtualbox. Crash dump attached [CF bug or not ?];

- You can’t make blacklist type of rules in Predefined Security Policies / Protection Settings [bug or design ?].

[attachment deleted by admin]

FIXED! Logging does not work under some non-english operating systems
Seems to be working.

To Ronny - thank you for the “intervention” and for the (only) staff reply. https://forums.comodo.com/beta_corner_cis/comodo_internet_security_3552764414_rc1_bug_reports_closed-t27935.0.html;msg204913#msg204913

1. Windows XP SP3.
  2. Still high Memory Usage on Startup, cfp.exe can sometimes also reach 15MB.
  3. Attached.

Josh

1. Windows XP SP3.

a) When Removing entries from the Computer Security Policy, The Bar scrolls STRAIGHT to the top again. This does not happen in Firewall Policies.

b) Let all applications be under "All Applications instead of some on top, then some under “All Applications”, Maybe sorting by, For example: Custom, Installer/Updater, Trusted, etc Will help the user identify files alot better and policies.

EDIT: Just realized part of b) can’t be done.

1. Attached.

Josh

:THNK
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
CMF, BOClean, SpywareBlaster, Super AntiSpyware
This is a minor, yet continuing, bug. Automatic Updates works very well and updates the virus signatures every day. But if I check manually for updates by clicking on Check for Updates under Miscellaneous, after clicking Start, it shows that updates are available every single time I click on the Check for Updates Start button, even if I checked just 2 seconds ago. Then after clicking Next, it acts like it is actually installing an update and prompts me to click Finish. Then if I immediately go back and click on the Check for Updates Start button, it will again show that updates are available, and after clicking Next, it once again acts like it is actually installing an update. When clicking the Update Details link, it opens a browser to the Comodo Firewall Pro - Release Notes page, as shown below. This behavior was evident in the previous RC1 and in the Betas.

1. XP Professional Build 2600 sp3
  2. Peerguardian Installed, SDFix installed but not used.
  3. when I updated the antivirus, it gets updated. But a baloon message
    appears asking virus signarue database, even though it is uptodate
  4. I did not try to resolve the problem because I dont have any idea why it comes.
  5. Screen shot attached.

Regards,

Divyan

1. My scheduled scan just started. With the scan window showing while scanning, if I open a program it scans the files related to it. Like say if it is scanning the F:\ drive and I open a program installed on the C:\ drive, I see the scan window scan the files related to the program on the C:\ drive and then it goes back to what it was scanning on the F:\ drive.

2. The scheduled scanner always seems to start in reverse. I have 4 hard drives (C:\ D:\ E:\ F:) and the scheduled scanner always seems to start on the last drive. Kind of weird.

Still an old bug, but when adding or removing files from the EXCLUSIONS list in the VIRUS SCANNER SETTINGS window, CAVS3 reports the virus signature database is NOT up-of-date.

Probably related to this is the fact that the first minutes after boot is still active intermittently taking tens of percent of the CPU where all other apps are already loaded and setteld.

I am on Vista 32 SP1
I have installed:
Spywareblaster
A squared Free ( a2service running)
Spybot Search and Destroy. (sdwinsec running)
Super Anti Spyware Free
Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free
Peer Guardian 2
Perfect Disk defragmenter.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Problems since May with the Stable Comodo Firewall Pro (i wanted to install a new version but i uninstalled the old version, and when trying to reinstall this occured)

http://i34.tinypic.com/33ytcpf.png

i though maybe its a bug so i waited for i new release but i read last week that CIS was coming i hoped the error was gone but no its still here.

http://i37.tinypic.com/fdzmv8.png

i hope this is a bug that can be solved else i have to find a other firewall :frowning: . or reinstall my pc (what i maybe must do in a few weeks so that isnt a big problem).

i used the registry cleaner and the .bat to clean registry entries or lost files.

this has always happened in CFP3. hope it’s fixed.

JV16 may be the answer. I use it to clean the leftover entries in the registry, and it works like a charm. Try Registry finder within JV16, and search on the string Comodo.