COMODO Internet Security 3.5.53518.419 RC2 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Probably related to this is the fact that the first minutes after boot is still active intermittently taking tens of percent of the CPU where all other apps are already loaded and setteld.

I am on Vista 32 SP1
I have installed:
Spywareblaster
A squared Free ( a2service running)
Spybot Search and Destroy. (sdwinsec running)
Super Anti Spyware Free
Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free
Peer Guardian 2
Perfect Disk defragmenter.

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Problems since May with the Stable Comodo Firewall Pro (i wanted to install a new version but i uninstalled the old version, and when trying to reinstall this occured)

http://i34.tinypic.com/33ytcpf.png

i though maybe its a bug so i waited for i new release but i read last week that CIS was coming i hoped the error was gone but no its still here.

http://i37.tinypic.com/fdzmv8.png

i hope this is a bug that can be solved else i have to find a other firewall :frowning: . or reinstall my pc (what i maybe must do in a few weeks so that isnt a big problem).

i used the registry cleaner and the .bat to clean registry entries or lost files.

this has always happened in CFP3. hope it’s fixed.

JV16 may be the answer. I use it to clean the leftover entries in the registry, and it works like a charm. Try Registry finder within JV16, and search on the string Comodo.

Cannot pause the virusscanner when running a full system scan. When pausing it will continue scanning but the clock will stop until resuming.

1. I am on Vista 32 SP1
  2. I have installed:
    Spywareblaster
    A squared Free ( a2service running)
    Spybot Search and Destroy. (sdwinsec running)
    Super Anti Spyware Free
    Malwarebytes Anti Malware Free
    Peer Guardian 2
    Perfect Disk defragmenter.
    1. Step by step description to reproduce the issue. Start the full system scan. Push Pause see it still scans and the clock stops. Push resume and the clock starts and of course it still scans.
  3. Cannot resolve it

Edit; on further testing it looks like the thing I see is the scanner scanning files that are in the pipeline. When those are done it is paused.

Edit 2: When paused it will show activity of the residential scanner. So when I open a new page or go to another page in Opera I will see activity in Opera’s cache reported; also some system activity will show.

I think you might need to do a clean install for it to be fixed…

(Updated again 20 Oct, also previously 19 Oct at request of 3xist)
(Still present in RC2 - Severity = High, IMHO)

Java.exe when called by Open Office still causes cfp to consume all unused CPU cycles, unless guard32.dll prevented from loading. Requires hard reboot. (OO is java-based so frequent problems are caused). This happens if CMF is installed (even if CMF is not in memory) - it does not happen if you uninstall CMF. Listing ALL versions of Java.exe on your disk as exceptions in CMF also resolves the problem. (Basically OO looks for all Java versions on the disk, says hello in turn to each one and asking for a response from any version is enough to cause the problem).

1. Your Operating System: XP SP3 32 bit
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Avira Basic, Spybot, CMF
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: In OO Draw navigate to tools/options/java
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: Kill all non-OS processes except Avira, disable Avira. No Joy.
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: not applicable
  7. Please put any False Positive Reporting here: not applicable
  8. Any other information you can think of:

(Still in RC2 - Severity = low, IMHO)

New bug. Firewall does not save new pre-defined Defence plus security policy settings

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Avira Basic, Spybot, CMF
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Define a new security policy, create exception for ‘protection setting’ (interprocess access, active=No) by choosing a running process, save by pressing apply till you get back to main window, then check setting has been saved - see screenshot - it has not.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: Tried various Defence plus security levels, and various different exception files - No joy!
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any:None
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: see below
  8. Any other information you can think of: Not present in current public firewall release

Discussion: People are not going to want to do this very often, so maybe the firewall does not save this type of rule on purpose. If so the firewall should tell you it is not going to save it!

Best wishes

Mouse

[Corrected 12.52]

[attachment deleted by admin]

cant delete
these things

http://i35.tinypic.com/20ze4nl.jpg

:frowning: maybe safe mode?

(Still occurs in RC2 - Severity difficult to ascertain)

Browse file dialogue still locks firewall interface - does not happen if defense+ slider set to disabled. Requires reboot to resolve.

2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: Avira Basic, Spybot (happens even if disabled), CMF
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Add files to safe files list using browse files.
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: Disable AV software, spybot - No joy. Disable Windows/WinEvent hooks - Works! Allow Sony Ericsson PC Suite & Idrive files to interprocess memory access to cmdagent.exe - Works most of time!
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: none
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: not applicable
  8. Any other information you can think of: similar (not exactly the same) behavoir has been reported by others eg https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/comodo_firewall_very_buggy-t28200.0.html

Discussion: Sony Ericsson Software and Idrive both a) hook into explorer, which is what CFP is doing when bug occurs b) access the memory of all other running programs, possibly to monitor file writes. Specific Sony Ericsson files are: Generic.exe (Telca signed), EPMWorker.exe (Sony signed), Capacitymanager.exe (TElca signed). Specific Idrive files are: IdriveETray.exe, IdriveEReg2ini.exe. (Idrive Signed)

Not easy to assess severity as do not know how many people likely to be affected. Possibly everyone using explorer plu-ins, possibly just users (few) of this software.

I presume these are legacy drivers in the registry if you have Vista you cannot delete them
Dennis

vista ultimate x64 sp1
comodo memory firewall
comodo internet security

still get real slow defrag performance with rc2 on fresh install of vista

I can’t reproduce this java issue. But I’m not using CMF or Spybot’s TeaTimer. From other symptoms you described it seems that you’ve got some application in background which causes these CF GUI freezes. I had similar problem a while ago and I tracked it down to one application which I would never suspect of such thing - gamepad profiler :D.
Anyway, you don’t have to reboot when CF GUI froze, all you need to do is to log off and then log on.
You should clear Defense+ logs and cause the issue for testing purposes. When CF GUI freeze then log off and log on and then check Defense+ logs. If you find that some application is trying to access cfp.exe in memory then this application might be incompatibile with CF.

O&O Defrag not work,

1. Windows XP MCE/Professional SP3
  2. Avast Pro 4.8
  3. Cosmetic - All dialog boxes that are not resizable have missing right border (see screenshot)
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. See below
  7. N/A
  8. N/A

Everything else with the firewall seems to be working for me. Many thanks for fixing the bug where the wrong app rules where applied periodically. Great job guys!

Habanero

Thanks. Your points addressed below. Issue remains, and needs addressing I think.

• CMF/TEatimer/Avira - occurs when these not running - have rechecked
  • Java problem is 100% CPU consumption (as seen in sysinternals process explorer) not just GUI freezing
  • Therefore cannot log off - cannot do anything much , unless I reduce Java process priority before it gets to 100%
  • No Defense + event logged
  • Replication - did you replicate exactly as I described using OO draw - do you have same OO 2.4 & OS version as me? Is your OO using external Java and is it 1.607?
  • Replication - see link to another person with exactly the same problem in my post above
  • Replication - have tried with all non-OS services & progs removed from memory (except Avira - disabled). Problem remains. (Used end it all and process explorer to do this)

Hope this helps

Mouse

Yes, but this did not occur with 3.0.25 stable release and Josh referenced RAM not CPU usage. I experience this about 15 MB RAM usage cfp.exe in the previous RC also.

1. Windows XP Service Pack 2
  2. CFP 3.5 Release Candidate 2 only
  3. Start up computer/CFP. Check Task Manager.
  4. Do not have to do anything. Issue self-resolves after about 5 minutes.

cfpsbmit.exe crashes. Previous RC version also experienced the same, but I did not try to repeatedly duplicate the problem until now.

1. Windows XP Service Pack 2
  2. CFP 3.5 Release Candidate 2 only
  3. Open then quickly close Files Submission screen by clicking either the ‘X’ or ‘Cancel’ button. Can reproduce about 20% of the time.
  4. No crash dumps generated, therefore cannot upload.
  5. Attached screenshot of crash error.
  6. The Files Submission screen changes/forgets both its last position and dimensional size every time it opens. Not sure if it has anything to do with the crash.

Just like all betas and RCs, Comodo is still not working for me with the AuthenTec Fingerprint Software’s Windows Logon function enabled. The computer will simply hang on the logon screen and will never get to logon. Please fix! :frowning:

Yes, I’ve got very similar setup to yours: Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3, Avira Antivir 8.1 PE and CF RC2. I also use Spybot but without TeaTimer and have installed OOo 3.0 and Java 1.6 Update 10. I do not use CMF and I do not have this issue. CMF is known to have many issues with other applications. That’s why I stoped using it. Maybe it is causing the problem in your case. Are you sure that you stoped CMF’s background service? Searching this forum for a bit I found this topic about CMF + CF + Java issue. There seems to be a simple workaround. You could try this and then report back.