COMODO Internet Security 3.5.52764.414 RC1 Bug Reports [CLOSED]

Thanks Ronny, but is it really enough with just that String Value? There are several other things as well in Matty’s screen shot. Reinstalling didn’t help the guy, by the way.

LA

Manual Scan detects one file twice on an infected system.

1. Windows XP SP2, no patches
  2. N/A
  3. Disable AV, D+, FW, infect the system, Run a manual scan
  4. N/A
  5. N/A
  6. Done

[attachment deleted by admin]

Only this one should be enough.

Maybe check the value for
LoadAppInit_DLLs having the value (1)

Defense+ alerts do not show any icon for service type of program. You could use Windows’ default icon or your own which probably would be nicer.

Please are you and Graham1 both using Admin accounts tried on Vista limited user account time will not change tried restart/reboot still does not change.
Dennis
EDIT Also I upgrade not fresh install

My system specs are:
P4 HT 3 GHz and over 1gb ram available and XP sp3 32bit, HW DEP Optout.
Other apps: Comodo Safesurf, Unlocker assistant, Speedfan, Daemon tools, COMODO Vulnerability Analyzer 1.1.3.29, Logitech Setpoint 4.60.122

Miscellaneous > Settings > Logging sometimes revert to “Delete it and create a new file” .

I finally confirmed at least one way to reproduce this.

1. Choose Move it to and assign an existing folder
  2. go to Miscellaneous > Settings > General, uncheck Automatically start the application with Windows (Recommended) and Click Ok

This succesfully remove the CIS log backup folder path and revert to delete the Log.

32 Bit | Windows XP Pro | Service Pack 2
Comodo Firewall 3.5.52396.411 Beta only security program
Defense+: Clean PC Mode

Heh. I just checked and mine was reset to “Delete it and create a new file” as well, but it was not the way you reproduced it. This is strange because I haven’t changed any settings since yesterday. The only thing was that I exited and restarted CFP because I shutdown my PC every night.

I was wondering if I was the only one cursed by that issue :frowning:
Welcome aboard ;D

I noticed that in the last beta as well, but didn’t report it as I was partially thinking I may have remembered wrong or gone crazy.

Yes, Admin account on XP Pro SP3.

:slight_smile:

I found another a way to reproduce this bug :BNC:
Simply change the theme (skin). Actually, I don’t even have to change the theme - I can just go back and select the existing theme then click OK. However, this method isn’t always 100% reproducible. I find it might take several seconds before the bug kicks in. If I immediately re-access the Miscellaneous screen after clicking OK, it might not take effect.

when i unstall cis and reboot ,my computer is not start.
vista 32

CAVs scanning bug!!!

I scanned a flash drive with kaspersky and found 3 infected files on the hidden recycler folder.
Scanned the flash drive with CAVS 3 and found nothing. However, I tried to copy the recycler folder to my desktop and COMODO real time scanner popped out detecting the files.

This is a real problem because this malware works with a autorun.inf also hidden on the flash drive and COMODO did not detected those files.

Please work on this for the next release as long with the other bug I submitted before about scanning folders in this same thread!!

(V)

I am running Windows XP SP3, CIS RC (no av), Avast, BOClean. I tried downloading something from HDTracks and received the following error “Application popup: Java™ Web Start 1.6.0_07 : Splash: recv failed”. After receiving the error four or five times I closed CIS and then everything downloaded fine.

Richard

This was caused by ?:\Recycler* exclusion Scanner settings

Vista SP1, Enterprise, UAC, x32.
+1 Confirm, looks like some other parameters on that window also can trigger this but more intermittend.

I think this is possible only with the Realtime scanner enabled. Seems the Realtime scanner log is getting added to the manual scanner Results window…

Regards,
Vicky

The ‘Reminder’ popup dialog box hasn’t been fixed. [link]

XP Pro SP3

CIS
CSafeSurf

Small issue. - “Invalid Date Time” in Antivirus Logs.

See attached.

What are your time/date regional time settings?
Please attach also your current Log

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\comodo\Firewall Pro\cfplogdb.sdb