Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.7036 Released.

if you use windows 7 and comodo internet security not autostart, try install updates:

kb4474419 (64bits): http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/09/windows6.1-kb4474419-v3-x64_b5614c6cea5cb4e198717789633dca16308ef79c.msu kb4474419 (32bits): http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2019/09/windows6.1-kb4474419-v3-x86_0f687d50402790f340087c576886501b3223bec6.msu

=====================================================
kb3033929 (64bits): http://download.windowsupdate.com/c/msdownload/update/software/secu/2015/02/windows6.1-kb3033929-x64_5c56222b0caf43030addc9ad262633fcbddfcd41.msu
kb3033929 (32bits): http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2015/02/windows6.1-kb3033929-x86_927e018113fe51250c57029635d46b89bf235920.msu

For users comodo internet security in Brazil link:

https://forums.comodo.com/portuguesportuguese/para-usuarios-do-windows-7-no-brasil-t125499.0.html

Iamme99 is on Windows 10 as stated. Please read post properly before posting and stop spamming a solution for an unrelated problem.

Comodo released a new version of the official clean up tool: Official Comodo Uninstaller v3.1.0.45 .

we want new version installer

Wow your installer contains a virus or something: PUA.AD/FusionCore.fwu
I checked twice … Retards!

PUA is not virus. False positive.

Which scanner is flagging? Please report it as a false positive with the manufacturer of the AV solution you are using.

Avira.
And I’m not going to report it as false positive, because I googled it and there are more websites reporting it as malware so I don’t trust it. Up to Comodo themselves to remove whatever this FusionCore.dll is or whatever they have to do to fix it.

You are right with “or something”.

FusionCore is PUP installer, not a malware installer.

Therefore it is not a virus just software that gets bundled.

Feel free to do your own research to verify.

Avira doesn’t detect anything about the offline installer “cispremium_only_installer.exe”.
It’s clean.

Imagine what people will do who aren’t familiar with Comodo and/or computer-savvy.

1. AV Companies need to detect PUP/Adware/3rd Party software bundles, so of course they will detect Comodo installer since it includes other optional software during installation.

2. Surely, they could Whitelist the Comodo Installer, however since Comodo is a competitor, companies usually don’t go easy against competitors, do they? >:-D

Not use it.

Comodo is not really for none-computer savvy people right now in my opinion.

With a “simple mode” similar to CAVV it could be again though.

@Misandei. Did you install Comodo Internet Security of Comodo Firewall and were you using the online or offline installer? If you used the online installer it may also suggest to install Comodo Dragon browser (this provides the tablet UI of Comodo Virtual Desktop) and/or Comodo Internet Security Essentials (for man in the middle detection). Comodo does not bundle third party programs. But if I recall correctly there is a specific sponsor deal for Russia; but you’re not from Russia.

The online detection engines of AV makers heavily rely on automated detection and in that process false positives cannot be prevented.

When in doubt submit a file with Virus Total. When only one or a small number (let’s say <5) scanners detect a malware it is most likely not a malware. PUA (Potentially Unwanted Application) and PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) are not malicious programs but additional programs people may not appreciate.

The offline installer has neither has a third party program on offer nor does it have a malware (I always use the offline installer) yet one of the engines at VT detects a problem with it. The offline installer of CIS has only one engine at VT detecting it is a malware. The online installer of CPF is clean according to all. Given the above rule of thumb it is very unlikely the installer is infected.

Odd thing is Avira is not the engine detecting in the above detections. That makes it likely you used an online installer and Avira got offended by something the installer downloaded. Can you check the logs of Avira to see what file got detected and upload it to VT and post the url to the VT report here? That may learn us more about what happened.

It is simply not possible to provide a total frictionless online experience. It’s impossible to code programs to prevent scanners from making false positive detections.

Well initially I wanted to post something else on this forum.

So I was waiting for Comodo update for a loooong time, I was still on version 12.xx.6882 and I checked out this forum (have it bookmarked) every so often and I kept seeing it was delayed over and over again, because of whatever problems. Now as of late I saw some comments that this latest version was working for most people without issues, so because I got fed up of waiting for autoupdate I decided to download this one 12.xx.7036 last wednesday. Couple of days later I noticed that my laptop fan kept spinning whenever it was supposed to be idle since I didn’t do much on it. (You know how your laptop behaves after you’ve had it for a long time.) So I check taskmanager and I see the task Servicehost: Network Setup Service going at ~20%. I kept monitoring it but it didn’t shut down. In the meanwhile I looked up what it was and the solution for it. Anyway I left it like this for a day or so to see maybe it’s doing some big task or whatever and it will be done in some time, except it didn’t. And it kept annoying me, why is this stupid program suddenly taking up cpu time constantly. So I went trough the procedure of that website telling me to disable Superfetch and BITS trough services.msc and reboot, but ofcourse that didn’t help, so it had to be Comodo pretty much for sure since I’ve never had this problem before untill a couple of days ago.
So I check out this forum again looking for the old stable Comodo Firewall version I had 12.xx.6882 and I download it from there, but I was troubleshooting a bit more to make sure it’s not some faulty setting or so and also did sfc /scannow and DISM command in Powershell.

Anyway so I reinstalled 12.xx.6882 (atleast I thought I did since I took it from that Comodo forumthread, it’s 4.903kB in size) and then I see the problem disappeared and I came here to write ■■■■ about it, that it has a problem with this Servicehost: Network Setup Service except at that point I find out that it actually made me reinstall this 7036 version again. So I guess it kind of was a clean install probably, because the first time I just installed over the old one. But this time I deleted Comodo first (eventho I tried the restore option first too, but that didn’t help for rubbish*) and then checked out how it was working without Comodo entirely for a while and then installed it again.
So I have no idea what caused it, but atleast this time the problem with Svchost Network Service Setup isn’t there anymore.

Either way so yea I was trying to install the Firewall only, not CIS.

Storm in a teacup.

Good practice when installing a new version of CIS:

1. Updating existing install still seems unreliable, use Comodo Uninstaller to delete CIS first.
  2. Unplug/disable internet, make sure no Microsoft Updates are active, and back up all your important data, make a full system image of your hard disk - in case new install goes very wrong.
  3. Install new version of CIS.
  4. Reboot, configure CIS as needed, reboot, monitor behavior of all processes.
  5. If something is not behaving right, you’ll have full system image to recover from and install last known stable version of CIS.

CIS Premium is free and despite the hickups, even old versions are still quite powerful. There’s nothing like CIS out there, free, for advanced users. Maybe there is, idk, CIS does its job on my end.

Okay great. I spoke too early when I said it was resolved, because it’s not.
Servicehost: Network Setup Service has been acting up again and uses 10-15% cpu constantly.

Edit: Can someone link me to the full offline v12.0.0.6882 installer, but Firewall only version, so no CIS.
Specs: W10 2004 - 19041.450 - i5-7200u - 8GB

Here you go.

Please check file hash with Comodo Forum

Edit: Thanks, I found that link already. I thought it was a package where both would get installed and you didn’t have the chance to un-select one of them.