Comodo Dragon ver 29.1 is now available for download

+1— I have it disabled in CIS and the option should be present in CD as well.

Luckily the COMODO Message Center is not present in Dragon’s portable version.

Wanting GUI options for CMC sounds like a wish to me, so I have created just that.
Thanks.

Comodo, thanks for the update. :-TU

No. Its not just that. Ideally if CMC is to remain a permanent advertising mechanism addition then a GUI switch ( with it defaulted to OFF ) would be desireable.

For those of us who are not sycophants pandering to protect the precious software, the wish is that CMC never happened in this browser.

I love what CD did, before this version, but the mission creep has begun.

I wish that new ‘features’ were discussed with the audience before introduction

Of course Comodo can do what they wish with their free browser, and if there is a hidden agenda on the horizon for this free software that is their prerogative.

I will be voting with my choice of software if the situation does not change, now looking provisionally for alternative browsers for my family. Probably Opera at the moment.

Hi w33d3r,
Whether or not you agree with the addition of CMC or my wishes is your right to do and say so. :-TU

I am not sure who this is aimed at, the Developers, Comodo or myself, but regardless of who name calling will not be tolerated.
Please consider this in the future. Thank you.

I wish that new 'features' were discussed with the audience before introduction.
The above wish would be ideal if it was that simple, but it would result in a never ending discussion about the smallest of details.
Of course Comodo can do what they wish with their free browser, and if there is a hidden agenda on the horizon for this free software that is their prerogative.
Do you have any possible hidden agendas in mind?

If you would like to discuss further any of my comments above, please send a PM.

Thank you.

+1

+100
I’m sorry to say that I’m starting to get disappointed with Comodo’s actions and products. I’m just a few thoughts away from replacing both Comodo Dragon and Firewall :frowning:

Does portable Comodo Dragon have the Comodo Message Center? If so, how can it be disabled?

there is a bug in comodo 29.01 (current version) when using 2 gmail account in youtube.com it always log me off .
checked with google chrome and its fine.

that restart_helper.exe is the most annoying, seriously does it need to check every 15 or so minutes? not only that but it wakes my monitor up i have it set to turn off in 15 minutes even when i block internet to it. it still wakes my monitor up i had to block the entire program from running. now my monitor is fine. windows temp? odd place to put a program :-\

Hi demoneye ,
Please try the following, sometimes this option interferes with sites that require login.
Try disabling ‘Do not allow websites to know where you came from (suppress HTTP referrer header)’ found under privacy in the advanced settings.

Thank you.

Hi crissz,
Have you tried disabling CMC as suggested in reply 3 of this topic?

Thank you.

in comodo internet security ya i did shortly after i posted. ill unblock it and see what happends now. i had done the registry fix aswell before i had posted and it didint seem to stop it i understand the concept but it should not be checking that much i had a full log of alerts

naa , it was already got disabled long time ago , in google chrome it doesnt happen so its somehow dragon issue :slight_smile:

Hello,

Please add a complete bug report in the Bug Reports - CD section. I’m interested in a complete scenario (every action you perform to reproduce the issue). Also, adding all the specific details as requested in this thread, might help us reproduce the issue.

Thank you.

Hello, I do not know if I had just did a reinstall that had gone bad or not but, I was also noticing the same predicament previously to my new install on my OS on my SSD. But I had done as was suggested and everything is back to normal. (As per my reinstall).

Thanks,
Roger

Dont know if dev know this, but CD 29.1 still loops when trying to install flash player. Black page just loops over and over again.

You may have referrrer logging disabled. See if enabling it fixes it.

I have noticed that in the last releases CD has become quite heavy and pages take quite a long time to load… I’m not sure if that depends on Comodo or on Chromium, but right now I’ve switched to QupZilla browser (open sourse browser based on QtWebKit).