COMODO Cleaning Essentials 2.2.217899.172 Final Released

It would be better if the database version is shown on the main page along with CCE version. Although it updates to the latest bases, it does not show any indication. Even if the update fails for any reason, we should be able to know which version we are using.

I some how felt very much lost, when I saw that the selection boxes before the threats list is gone and that I can not choose files to ignore individually anymore.

I only have a chance to ignore the whole malware group, no individual selection…I do not quite understand why such a huge change in behaviour is added without ever mentioning in beta…

Hi Guys,

The databae update issue was because of a ayncronization issue with our package builder and update servers. Because of this problem, the archives did not contain the proper CCE.exe and hence it has this issue with updating.

We have fixed the issue. Please download archives again to get the correct package which doesnt have this update issue.

thanks egemen :-TU

This one starts downloading immediately after startup of CCE :-TU

Well done comodo on the release of a fine product.Is a bootable version in the future plans?

Where to download the new archive?

Thanx
Naren

The original first page of this post, same URL different contents.

Thanxx Ronny.

Regards
Naren

;D Thanx Egemen.update it’s working now.

I’d really like to have an option for a manual update.

+1 & +1 for indicator of DB version in main GUI :-TU

Using the latest CCE version the help section doesn’t work saying “invalid operation” when link is not found, please correct the error problem please.

Hi UncleDoug,

There is a sticky about that topic in the CCE main board here

As the CCE shares it’s database with CIS it also shares it’s FP’s so it would be confusing to run 2 threads for FP’s not to mention the extra overhead to the First Response Group members to keep track of all posts to watch.

Thank you Comodo team for these 3 powerful tools with as always for Comodo products intuitive UI. I’m very impressed.

This bug is still presented in this version https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cce/comodo-cleaning-essentials-21215955162-beta-bug-reports-t78517.0.html;msg563602#msg563602

Previous version 2.x? worked OK. Latest shows old problems from 1.7 & 1.9.
Win 7 SP1 64 bit
Have redownloaded zip file. Problem same whether run from PC or from USB stick
Custom scan works always
Smart scan may need reboot to start & complete otherwise closes after 17 seconds. Why can’t you update database unless scan is run? finalisation takes a long time, I have a Q9550(!), & doesn’t always complete. Close & restart CCE & update shows 50% immediately.
Autoruns now only completes if run in Vista SP2 compatibility mode, otherwise it starts & closes within 10 seconds. This is however you start program: from folder icon, from killswitch menu or option in CCE.
Run as abministrator has no effect on success.
Killswitch works ok :slight_smile:

Not had to use to clean PC thankfully but I like the option of having this for emergency use.

Further to above it seems a fault with autoruns is stopping the smart scan
Got this from event viewer:
Faulting application name: Autoruns.exe, version: 2.2.21291.172, time stamp: 0x4ed6fca2
Faulting module name: Autoruns.exe, version: 2.2.21291.172, time stamp: 0x4ed6fca2
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000000000001e591
Faulting process id: 0x7e0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ccb8ecd7c99475
Faulting application path: O:\CCE\Autoruns.exe
Faulting module path: O:\CCE\Autoruns.exe
Report Id: 8e900bb1-24e4-11e1-9724-00221563e48f

Program runs briefly then closes

CCE Very Slow updating

KillSwitch slow analyse