COMODO Cleaning Essentials 2.2.217899.172 Final Released

Same here. Win7 SP1 x86

probably a silly question but are you allowing enough time for CCE to update itself???..mine too was behind CIS but after a few minutes I checked again and it had updated (silently)

i try to run a scan so it will update then it eventually timesout and starts the scan but if i check the virus database its still at 1

Seems like this final version requires a reboot at the end of a quick scan. How do I disable that?

Great work and Thanks :-TU :-TU

Simplified Chinese GUI! That’s awesome!

Update of database OK, but might be little confusing, compared to former version, as no sign of progress in UI.

I’ve noticed this too when running CCE from a network share. Also, wouldn’t update virus signatures at the beginning of a scan. However, when run from a USB flash drive (same copied folder), all works as expected ???.

:slight_smile:

Edit: Btw, congratulations on the release :-TU

Compared to 1.6 why system restore and Task scheduler were removed from Quick Repair?

KillSwitch licence agreement is mentioned as beta licence agreement.

Thanxx
Naren

GOD CRIKEY :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

A brand new CCE Holy Grail has been born, man this will kill all the nasty bastard on earth if so please don’t bloody ■■■■■ it up…IF I can smell COMODO 2012 is coming pretty soon ;D

Edit: Btw, congratulations on the release :-TU

I am running winxp x32 and having the same problem.
CCE wont update database prior any scan.

Well technically 2012 is already released it’s the commercial name for 5.8 Premium, so all versions of 5.8 with value added extra’s (Pro/Complete/Plus) are CIS 2012.
I assume your talking about the 6.0 release :wink:

I guess I am one of the lucky ones with CCE updates.

With this release for Smart Scan, it starts updating immediately before scanning. For Full scan Text reads it must reboot after I say yes it reboots. I must click on the notice again that I want to run CCE and then it proceeds to update and then scan after the update is completed. Never have selected Custom yet so unsure of the sequence.

I would think that an update before the reboot for Full Scan would / could catch malware during the boot. Also would think an auto start after the reboot rather than a manual start, could /would be an advantage in scanning for boot malware ?.

Did notice that a False Positive for a file in SuperAntiSpyware and Emissoft had been corrected.

UncleDoug

+1 ;D

Edit: Ronny I’m mean 2012 have you’ve seen the movie :wink:

Lolz, then I completely misunderstood :wink: and no I haven’t seen it, just verified it on IMDB

Auto-Update like the previous version was good… rather then updating when we start scan…
Not Updating on my Windows XP x86 too…

Now it is also able to clean ZeroAccess.
Very nice.

It now displays the threat details during scan, by clicking the threats detected link…

Wow…great to see a long pending wish taking it’s part in CCE.

I wish the detailed results window could be re-sized, since not all the info fits the window and we really can not always scroll back and forth for all the entries.

Edit: There is no scroll even… We can only see a part of the file name. No other choice.

I wish I could also see an option to disable archive scan in CCE, it is really a pain having to see all the archives scanned unnecessarily taking CPU and time.