COMODO BackUp 2.2.127000.12 BUG REPORTS

Hi there,

I have 2 problems with CB 2.2.127000.12.

On my m/c with W7 in English and installing CB with English Language, I can see all my network drives (source and destination). However when Installing the German Language CB on my wifes m/c with German W7, none of the network drives are visable. I tried uninstal and reinstall but to no avail - I then tried with the English Language CB and the drives are now visable. - strange but no real problem.

My second problem is that I have created 3 scheduled backups on my machine and it all works fine, however I seem unable to create a fourth, I’ve even tried using exactly the same details as one of the working BU’s but sill no luck. Is there a limit??

Many thanks
Richard

Hi

There are no limitation for scheduled backups and all drives should be visible no matter what the language is.
We will investigate the reported issues.
Thanks

I have Windows 7 Home Premium installed. 500 GB HDD partitioned C: and D: ±250GB each.

I lost my last HDD while trying to uninstall your Time Machine product (thanks >:() and have purchased this new drive.
I have a backup on external drive , but when I reach step 3 the “Restore to default location” does not appear.All I get are three icons C and I. From there I am unable to input ANYTHING.
I first get an error 15 message and on restart get an error 46.

Please help

Still battling. Please somebody help.

My whole music and picture files are on that “Backup”. Plus all emails. What is the use of using a backup program that drops one when needed?

Support does not appear to be existant.

Please excuse me if I am getting rather impatient. >:(

Hi

Error 46 on restart means “invalid path”. This can be caused by the fact that the external hard drive is not visible at windows start-up.
I assume the backup is for the “C” drive.
For a clean restore for the “C” drive, copy the backup on D drive, then restore.

Thanks

Backup fails with Error Code 29

• Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit

• No other Backup software installed (other than Backup/Restore included in Win 7)

• McAfee VirusScan 13.15.116

• Internal Disk0 is Fujitsu MHW2110BJ 120GB SATA drive - two NTFS partitions C: and D:

• External Disk1 is WD 10EACS 1TB USB drive - one NTFS partition F:

• Logged into Windows domain with a domain user ID that has local admin rights to this Win 7 system (same user ID I use daily for all my other work)

• Step 1: selected backup of Disk0 (Track0, MBR, C:\ and D:)

• Step 2: used default settings

• Step 3: specified backup file as: F:\Comodo Backups\Disk0 - 2010-03-04 09.30.cbu (the Comodo Backups folder already exists)

• Step 4: used default settings

• Step 5: did not check Scheduled Backup

• Step 6: Backup ran for approx 2 hours, then failed with Error Code 29. No dump. Nothing shows in History tab. No log files in ~\Program Files\Comodo\Comodo Backup. The backup did not create the requested backup (output) .cbu file on F:

The external drive is visible and working. Did what you said but no joy.

Just another bum program and I have lost all my data.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP2
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed Yosemete Tapeware 7
  • How you produced the problem; Run the program
  • How you tried to resolve the problem; Not possble
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); nothing to show
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any; nocrash reported
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) NTFS/RAID
  • All log files; ?
  • does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly? No screen t show
  • Any other Additional Information
    Hi I nstalled the software on windows server 2003 SP2. When I double-click the desktop icon to start th software, the software appears in the taskbar, but no screen is displayed. The system then does not respond the any mouseclicks for any othericon. The task manager show the software is "running but using 0 CPU time. The only way to end the software is to “end task” through the task manager.
    Very disappointing…

I’m having same problem attempting to restore my C drive - get error code 46. My D drive is a partition of C, and there is not enough room to copy the restore file from my external drive (F, where the restore file is located).

What now?

Hi

Can you please say if this error occurred at the end of the backup, or how much the progress was advanced when the error occurred?
A log file would be helpful. You can enable logging in Settings TAB.

Thanks

Hi

You can try to restore the backup to another partition on another hard disk.
The partition must be at least as big as the original one.

PS: The next release will bring mounting partition backups as virtual drives, so you may not want to delete the backup.

Thanks

Hi

Do you connect remotely to that server?
Do you have any programs for custom themes installed?

Thanks

Hi

Please read the following post.
https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-backup-cb/comodo-backup-2212700012-bug-reports-t49610.0.html;msg375583#msg375583

Thanks

My backup is on an external drive too and I’m stuck since my c drive isn’t large enough for the full backup file w mbr. When I try to restore it tells me my system is “busy” and it will restore on the next boot, where it bombs and gives me an error 46.

When will the next version with “mounting partition backups as virtual drives” be ready? My data is stuck in the back up file and I can’t get to it.

Thank you.

Hi

Most likely, the next release will come by the end of the next month.

Thanks

I’ve just installed Version 2.2.127000.12 onto my acer laptop running XP 32 bitas a duel boot option with Vista( Evil).

I use earleir versions of Back-up on other PCs and it runs perfectly but this version seems to be different.

For a start, though I have two sheduled back-ups, which seem to be working, I cannot edit either. When I highlight them on the Shedule tab the only live button is Remove.

I’ve tried closing down and rebooting but it makes no difference.

I then went to try ‘Live Help’, a window comes up saying I need to install Live Help Support which I accept and run but nothing changes and when I click again the same window reappears.

I’ve tried the diagnostic/repair and it reports all is well.

I have since removed CB, closed down the computer then later reinstalled CB. The results are exactly the same. Still cannot edit any shedule and diagnostic reports all working correctly.

Puzzled

Johnandpearl

Hi

Only “Synchronized backups” cannot be edited in this version.
The rest of the scheduled backups can be…

Thanks

Many thanks :slight_smile:

Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
Windows 7 32 bit

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    native Windows backup (which also always fails instantly)

• How you produced the problem;
    Simply try to backup registry to a hard disk that just successfully backed up C-drive

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    Repeated attempt twice

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);
    available

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
    none

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
    ntfs

- All log files;
errorlog.txt

• does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly?
    yes

• Any other Additional Information;[/color]
    Before this error the program crashed outright on a Windows abort (twice)

Best wishes,

Mich

M. E. Kabay, PhD, CISSP-ISSMP
P: +1.802.479.7937

• Assoc Prof of Information Assurance
    School of Business & Management
    Norwich University
    Expect Challenge. Achieve Distinction.

=>o ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML e-mail o<=

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is a follow up to my previous bug reports regard the version 2.x backup. Previously I was unable to use any version 2.x due to the blanking screen issues. It appeared that little to nothing was going to be done about this, aside from some questions about windows themes, etc.

Now previously my computer had been used and configured for a Microsoft Active Director environment. Recently that configuration has been removed. My user configurations have gone through some minor changes, but no different than changes during the MS A/D period. I had, during that time reverted back to the version 1.4, and quite successfully.

With MS A/D removed I have reinstalled version 2.2 and find that it is running quite well. So it appears, as I had theorized in the past and with some IT folks, that Active Directory does have a negative impact on the latest versions of CB. If you want any further information please post and let me know.