COMODO BackUp 2.2.127000.12 BUG REPORTS

Thank you, I was pointing at the wrong ‘Documents’ folder.

GUI redraw issues with Backup and System Clean which was partially resolved by uninstalling Microsoft Intellipoint 7.0 for a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000.

Before uninstalling
When I start up the programs the skin on the comodo window turns white or disappears leaving just the buttons and informational areas visible. The program is still usable despite the issue.

If I maximize the window the skin will still disappear but will occasionally redraw when I move the mouse over the tabs at the top.

I have tested with multiple video display settings as well as removing, re-downloading and reinstalling the software. Sometimes the mouse will freeze, even after the uninstall of Intellipoint. If I hit the Windows button a few time it unfreezes.

I’d like to be able to use the Intellipoint software without stability issues.

I have XP SP3 32 bit
AVG Free
Problem produced by just running the software and before executing any operations
Data and Back up location are NTFS
Diagnose says it is installed correctly

From the other thread:

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-backup-cb/comodo-backup-2212700012-released-t49611.15.html

The Synchronized Copy didn’t do a sync run today of the backup of my Documents folder, although it does a sync run at 5 minute intervals in a test I just did of a synchronized copy of the COMODO INTERNET SECURITY folder by creating an empty New Folder named ‘New Folder’ in the CIS folder and sync run worked.

I did another test of Synchronized Copy of the Documents folder but again the job failed to run at 5 minute invervals, even though I added a file and deleted another file from the Documents folder but this was not reflected in the backup folder.

My Documents folder is located on a separate partition on my hard drive which contains the Windows 7 operating system on the other partition. The Backup folder is on another hard drive.

The SynchronizationService.exe is running in the Processes and Services tabs in Windows 7 Task Manager.

-Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM 64 BIT

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed; COMODO INTERNET SECURITY
  • How you produced the problem; SYNCHRONIZED COPY
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…) NTFS
  • All log files; THIS LISTS ALL THE NAMES OF THE FOLDERS AND FILES IN MY DOCUMENTS FOLDER
  • does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly? YES
  • Any other Additional Information;

A couple of days ago I uninstalled Comodo Backup, restarted my computer and then re-installed it and the Synchronized Copy of the Documents folder worked, but the next day the Synchronized Copy of the Documents folder stopped working, although the test of a Synchronized Copy of the CIS folder worked.

I’ve now uninstalled Comodo Backup again, restarted my computer, re-installed Comodo Backup and the Synchronized Copy of my Documents folder works again.

Thank you.
We will investigate this.

Many thanks.

I did a further test with a Synchronized Copy of the Documents folder and after about 8 hours it stopped doing a sync run again. This time instead of uninstalling and reinstalling Comodo Backup, I deleted the Backup folder and also deleted the synchronization job in “Schedule” tab and then created a new Synchronized Copy backup of the Documents folder and the sync run started to work again.

Hi, I have a problem with the synchronized backup. It does not seem to work very well, although this definitely is better than it not working at all as in the previous version. For example, it does not delete files on the synchronized copy which have been deleted on the master copy. This may be because I’m using it to monitor a quite a number of files. I don’t know how I can produce any evidence of this, if you need screenshots or log files, I’ll be glad to help upload them.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Win 7 64 bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    CIS/Avast AV
  • How you produced the problem;
    Using synchronized backup, I deleted files on the master copy. Some changes were reflected on the synchronized copy, some were not.
    Tried to view log file, but there was little information there.
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
    NTFS
  • All log files;
  • does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly?
    Yes
  • Any other Additional Information;
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    Windows XP SP3 32bit

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    None

• How you produced the problem;

Using Windows’ remote desktop connection I can see the window of Comodo backup but, using another remote software (tightVNC or UltraVNC*) the window is not visible.

UltraVNC actually works and shows the Comodo Backup window but only if it is installed with all the drivers… however the drivers cannot be installed via Remote Desktop Connection, only being physically at the remote location and doing it from the actual PC interface. This is not doable all the time for obvious reasons. Also using Remote desktop connection is not possible in all cases.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2245/25043393.th.png

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5239/17750877.th.png

None

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
    NTFS

• does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly?
    YES

• Any other Additional Information:

I believe is something related with the transparency of the window and how is rendered on the screen. Could it be done so during setup or by editing some ini to be able to switch to a standard non skinned window?

Thank you,
zaelu

Hello !

When the synchronization doesn’t work please run the diagnose/repair option. Please post the result.

Thank you for your post!

Hi

Maybe there are some advanced options that should be enabled, like special effects, transparency, …
Do similar programs have this problem too, like CSC (Comodo System Cleaner)?

Hello,

Please tell us the time set for your synchronized backup (your original backup, not the tests). You said that for the second test of your Documents folder, the synchronized backup failed, although for the first test it did the the job. Have you restarted your computer after you created the second test synchronized backup?

Thank you.

Hi,

The following was some days ago so I’m working from memory, and I’ve done many tests by now:

In the first synchronized backup of the Documents folder the time interval for the sync run was 5 minutes and once I saw that the synchronized copy worked, I deleted it (editing the synchronization job is not possible) and created a new synchronized backup of the Documents folder with the time set being 1440 minutes (i.e. once every 24 hours). The computer would be shut down and turned off at night. This Synchronized Backup at intervals of 1440 minutes did not work the next day (i.e. after 24 hours it was created).

In another test the synchronization backup failed but I’m sorry I can’t remember now how many hours after the previous success it stopped doing the sync run.

I uninstalled Comodo Backup, restarted my computer, and re-installed Comodo Backup and did a test of the synchronized backup of the Documents folder with the time interval being 5 minutes and the sync run would work, but it would stop doing the sync run after about 8 hours, and the computer was not shut down (turned off) during this test.

Instead of uninstalling Comodo Backup and re-installing it, I now only need to delete the Backup folder and also delete the synchronization job in “Schedule” tab and then create a new Synchronized Copy backup of the Documents folder and the sync run begins to work again, but then stops working after about 8 hours.

I’ve now started a new test of a synchronized copy of the Documents folder at 5 minute intervals and it is working by successfully doing the sync run every 5 minutes. I’ll let you know how this latest test develops.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Although the synchronization copy is working for now in the current test, I’ll just add that in the “Schedule” tab the “Last Run” always shows “Not available”, but “Last Run Status” shows “Success”.

This latest test stopped doing the sync run after about 9 hours. I added a new file to the Documents folder which did not appear in the synchronized backup folder. I restarted my computer and the synchronized copy started to work again as I added a second new file to my Documents folder and this appeared in the synchronized backup folder. However, the first new file I added to the Documents folder after synchronized copy stopped working has still not appeared in the backup folder even after I restarted my computer and the sync run started working again.

For a few days the Synchronized Copy was working well with the job running at 5 minute intervals. I deleted it and created a new Synchronized Copy job to sync run every 1440 minutes, i.e. once every 24 hours. 25 hours later it still has not done a sync run. I restarted my Windows 7 64 bit computer but it still hasn’t done the sync run.

The Synchronized Copy finally ran after 28 hours (instead of 24 hours) and copied some files but there was at least one file it didn’t copy to the backup folder.

Installing Comodo BackUp 2.2.127000.12 is causing serious performance problems while traversing files and directories. I believe it’s caused by device driver (.sys - name escapes me now since I had to uninstall Comodo BackUp). Traversing files is order of magnitude slower than without BackUp installed.

For example, I’m using Eclipse IDE and refreshing Java projects with many files is excruciating slow (takes 3-4 minutes). It makes Eclipse unusable. Even simple “dir * /s” is visibly slower. I tried to put my project on 4GB RAM DISK and refreshing files in Eclipse was still slow as molasses. Normally, process is done within 10 seconds on hard drive and within 2-3 seconds on RAM drive.

I’m running :

• Windows 7 Professional x64 with 12GB of RAM
  • No antivirus or anti-malware, no firewall
  • Windows Backup and Restore (was disabled while Comodo BackUp was installed)
  • NTFS file system on both disk and RAM Drive (SuperSpeed RamDisk)
  • No errors reported, and diagnostics said everything is OK

Latest version of Backup V2 History shows when each executed backup job was created, rather than showing when the executed job was run.

Due to this, the Restore function in the History panel is next to useless as you can’t tell what backup job you want to restore.

History needs to show the execution history, not the creation history.

Ewen :slight_smile:

My bad.

I had been testing the CPU% load when running sync backup jobs and the history correctly showed a series a job with the same run date. This was because I had set up the sync jobs today and had run them sufficient times to completely fill the history window.

Reviewing the “off screen” entries shows that the history list does indeed display the execution time.

Once again, I’m living proof of the age old truth that you don’t have to have a long neck and feathers to be a goose. :wink:

Apologies to all.
Ewen :slight_smile:

I get this error 100019. Most of the time the comodo software works. When I get this code I have to reboot my computer and the sotware will work. Tonight I rebooted and the software won’t work.

I have Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I use an external hard drive for backup.

please help

Hi

When you encounter this error, please go to the external hard drive (backup destination) and try to create/rename a file on that hard drive from explorer. If you can’t, than the error is caused by write-protection or insufficient rights.

Thanks