COMODO BackUp 2.1.118414.11 BUG REPORTS

I have sent you a MP with it, thank you.
I have tried synchronized copies but I’ve deleted it and the problem goes on. And I’ve the same problem with an other computer which has’nt any synchronized copies.

Thanks
We found the issue that was causing it.
It will be fixed in the next release

I have another problem : I have a scheduled backup, a simple copy, that should run each day. But I have this message :
“The backup located at (…) was scheduled to run but could not be executed. Do you want to run it now ?”
And when I click on “Yes” to run it manually :
“Could not run scheduled backup”
and “Backdup process failed with code 47”

Any idea ?
Thanks

Hi
This message appears when you select “Prompt user” if schedule is missed because current user is logged off.

That is odd… please give more details regarding this issue including all steps for scheduled backup (from backup step 1 to backup step5)
Can you reproduce this if you add another scheduled backup with the same properties?

Synchronisation not functioning on ‘My Documents’, plus two other folders… I have the initial backup folder and contents created at the time the task was set (which is the same folder that was used when the task was recreated - CBU ran fine, creating the new initial backup). No further files have been saved into the backup folder since the initial file-set was saved.

WTS running fine, with the daily/weekly scheduled CBU tasks shown as expected. Admin user, no other user accounts on the PC.

I have moved the ‘My Documents’ pointer to use a different drive from default, it is now ‘D:\Documents’ and CBU shows this folder name correctly when selecting the backup contents. I also have selected two other folders, which are outside of the ‘My Documents’ location. None of the content of any of these three folders is synchronised. The CBU sync copy is to a folder within the NAS share called ‘My Documents’ - just in case this is something as simple as a naming issue I have tried other folder names but the result is the same.

** I have also noticed that several .cbu files have been deleted by the program, relating to the tasks that show as ‘cancelled’ in the screenshot - the backup folder now no longer conatins the previous versions of these files. Is this normal? I would expect a backup program to only overwrite the archive once the new version exists - to preserve at least one copy of the backup intact, not to delete a previous version before its replacement is ready, even if the same final file name is used. I now have no main backup files and these will take at least 2.5 hours to recreate, leaving the system vulnerable if anything happens in that time.

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): W7 Home Premium 32 bit, clean install on new HDD
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed: No backup s/w, ZoneAlarm Security Suite, TrojanHunter, Spybot-SD, Windows Defender
  • How you produced the problem: tried to recreate the Sync Mode backup - identical response; initial folder okay, no subsequent new or altered files copied over
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: I have tried including other folders in the backup set, but none are synchronised
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): attached;
  • Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any: na;
  • file system (FAT32/NTFS/…): NTFS
  • All log files: No log files exist, despite the option being selected, the Save log destination is default
  • does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly? YES.
  • Any other Additional Information: Backing up to a NAS box shared folder mapped to a drive in Windows. All other CBU tasks run apart from the Synchronisation Mode one. Now MS has gone and removed the ability for Home Premium versions to use NAS devices for the MS Backup I was looking for something to replace both this and the Memeo Autobackup software that came with the NAS unit - Memeo basically being a file synchroniser, but something that slowed the previous Vista install down when running.

Thanks in advance!

=================
Update:
Am just recreating the sync job, after giving both CBU and the Synchronisation Service elevated permissions in ZoneAlarm - they’ve now got ‘Super’ status and everything checked except sending email. Services.msc shows the sync service is started and is set to ‘automatic’.

Created three new copies of a large bitmap at 9:45. they’ve still not been synced by 9:57.

Attached the before and after dialogue boxes for the NAS folder - the ‘before’ being what was in the folder from the previous sync job, and the ‘after’ being what the new sync job created a week later, using the same root folders selected in the backup job

[attachment deleted by admin]

I am having an issue updating the backup program and everytime i try to tell it to backup over my network to my server it says invalid path. I think there is a bug in the system. when i check for updates it says there is an update however the version i have is .11 My os is win7

I have this message even if the user is logged in.

I’ve add another backup with the same properties and it worked, but I still have the previous message and I must launch it manually.

Hi

The “Synchronized copy” might not run properly in some cases, we are investigating the issue.
The ‘cancelled’ status appears if you cancel a scheduled backup or in some cases when errors occur.
Did you cancel the scheduled backup?

Hi

Regarding the update issue… can you post a screen shot with CBU.exe after you press “check for updates”.
The invalid path might be caused by the fact that the storage destination path does not exist (anymore)

Hi Emanuel,

I’ll await the news about the sync problem - please get back to me if I can be of help.

Yes, I’d cancelled the backups just at that time mainly because I was testing a few different possible factors in the Sync issue and didn’t want to wait until those jobs had finished before being able to navigate away from that panel to create the new sync job - when I try navigating away I get the option to cancel the job, but in most cases I just hit the ‘Cancel’ button on the main CBU panel. I’ve set the backups to run at the next available time, if either my PC or my NAS happened to be off at the schceduled time, so when I began trying out a few options CBU started to run the scheduled tasks. I cancelled the scheduled tasks almost as soon as they started - within a few seconds.

The issue in that particular case was that the previous .cbu files had been deleted for each backup that was cancelled. This might not be an intentional result, but if a user cancels the backup job the previous archive should still be in place. Perhaps CBU needs to run a hidden ‘father-son’ system in the background, at least until the new replacement archive is completed - but losing the existing archive files wasn’t the outcome I expected!

Regards,
Ian

the Service Backup seems not to work at all. I’ve checked the services list (services.msc) and can’t find any service related to CB. I’ve checked the self-initializing of CB and it reported that everything was fine. I know this is not the bug reports thread, and I’m on my way to it, but just wanna leave a comment here to make sure that you know about it.

CB version: 2.1.117500.10
I’m using CB to backup 1 file from a remote server through a FTP service on my local server.

Tonight I’ll try the latest version, but by reading the “What’s fixed?”, I’m afraid that I have no chance Sad

PS: I’ve figured out that the CBU scheduled tasks did not have the required password (the “Run only if logged on” radio button was checked). It seems like CB could not link well to the Windows Scheduled Tasks.
If I modify a preconfigured Backup job, the TaskID will change, and I will have to turn back to Windows Scheduled Tasks once again, to uncheck to radio button and then type in the required password. It is really a backstep comparing with CB1.x.

Hope that it will work.

PS2: Well, it works perfectly the way I want it, even with version 2.1.117500.10. But, just as I said, some knowledge is still needed to make the Service Backup running. For me, now CB 2.1 is the best choice.

Thank you all for a very nice Backup software!

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
    windows 7 64bit (RC)

• Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
    No

• How you produced the problem;
    I have created a scheduled backup to run every day, but when it tries to run it gives a simple error that it could not run scheduled backup

• How you tried to resolve the problem;
    just retried the backup and every time it shows the same error

• Screen-shots with the error (if any);

• Post Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any;

• file system (FAT32/NTFS/…)
    NTFS

• All log files;

• does Diagnose in Settings tab says the application is installed correctly?
    Yes

• Any other Additional Information;

Is the Windows scheduler service running?

How should i check if its running or not ?

Sorry - I should have included these details this morning.

Click START → RUN → SERVICES.MSC and press ENTER.

Scroll down the list looking for “Task Scheduler” and checking its status. It should show as “Started” or “Automatic”.

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile:

No idea ? I have to run manually my backup each time.

yes its started !

Did you create this scheduled job when logged in as an adminstrator or equivalent user?

yes

and are you running the job as an adminstrator or equivalent?