Comodo back on top at Matousec

I have never used a Kaspersky product. That post you quoted was me joking around, based on posts I’d seen on Wilders and other sites.

Don’t take it as fact, it was just a little joke :wink:

Beanie

Hi Guys

Have you seen the latest results from Matousec.

http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

Now CIS is 96%. Another job well done.

I also have CIS 3.9 beta running and it is going great and there are no bugs to report. Scans are real quick eg C: 91.8 gig and D: 77.8 (used space) took 18 minutes.

To Melih and the gang, congradulations on another brilliant piece of software.

shadha

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_back_on_top_at_matousec-t37571.0.html

Do you mind if I merge your topic with the existing? :slight_smile:

Your post make me feel very curious. :slight_smile:

Please feel free to do that. I would like everyone to know the we bare Top Gun

That’s a frightening statement! Bare your Top Gun on your own time sir! :wink:

Thanks, done. :-TU

That’s not a real test, all it does is check for open ports

That’s a test. It checks to see if there are any open ports. That’s exactly the point of that test.

Matousec’s test, and I hope I’m not saying anything non-true, but I believe most of the testing is done on what happens within the system.

It’s a real test to see if you have any open ports. However, what most users don’t understand is that if they are sitting behind a router, that test is only probing their router not their software firewall.

Yes. I always thought of it as: GRC tests for vulnerabilities that allow things to get into your PC. Matousec tests for vulnerabilities that allow things to get out of your PC (hence the name “leak” test).

:slight_smile:

I can agree to some extent, that the inbound attacking is a dark field. Some “real” penetration tester(s) should run “advanced attacks” vs different firewalls using common system setups and post the results. :o

Not just doing a stealth check on each port…

Penetration test - Wikipedia :-TU

With the help of real bugs and “holes” recently detected in some common applications (IM, Browser, possible services) and see how well a security solution would protect from attacks using those flaws.
Anyway, keeping the system up-to-date and disable all services you can and not run that many softwares should be sufficient… Unless its Mr, naasa super hacker that is coming to get you… LOL! :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

Do remember that stuff on wikipedia is not necessarily accurate as it’s contributor’s are ordinary members of the public. We have to take it for granted that they know what they’re talking about. Just thought I should throw that in as a cautionary note.

I know… =)

But there is security people working with penetration testing they could try to “penetrate” a network for instance… I didn’t care to look for a “respected” link since I thought there wasn’t going to be a argument about it… =)

But yes.

Wikipedia are made by “normal” people (and in a few occasions professionals on the subject) but can sometimes be completely wrong and give false/none complete information.