Comodo back on top at Matousec

Please read this post again

https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_back_on_top_at_matousec-t37571.0.html;msg267693#msg267693

We’ll it’s only a confirmation of what we already knew right ? The firewall and defense+ are the best. Now we’ll have to make the other components the best also :wink:

Xan

No, first the x64 versions needs to be as good as the x32 one. There’s still much to improve, it would score badly at matousec if all test would be modified in a way that they are working on Vista x64 which is possible for most of them.
I really hope that there will be an improvement with 3.9.

That test confirmes that Comodo Firewall is one of the best (if not the best) on the market. I remember version 2.4, which was very good. 3.x is great and is still improving. Paid software is not better than freeware- Outpost, KIS, Online Armor… Comodo beats all of them. :-TU

:comodorocks:

With all respect, but does it matter if Comodo stands 1, 2 or 3 on Matousec ??? I am sorry, but in my opinion that isn’t even a serious firewall test, and you guys shouldn’t bother about Comodo’s position :wink:

Greetz, Red.

I’m proud to be a COMODO user :-TU

Just wondering…why? ???

Matousec only tests for leaks, it doesn’t test for unwanted inbound and outbound trafic.

Greetz, Red.

If he tests for leaks he also tests for unwanted outbound traffic. It’s the only real good HIPS test although you can criticize a lot.

Hmmm… The point behind a leak test is to see what tricks you can pull to get unwanted traffic past the security software! Hence the name leak test… 88)

Thanks

Comodo Great Work Team, 96% obtained in this test is a great achievement, but must be noted that the Comodo Firewall leader leads, the whole time is for 1 or second place and is free of charge! Great Work!

PS just wait until Comodo Antivirus will have the performance or higher:)

What unwanted inbound and outbound traffic are you suggesting those on that list don’t intercept that you would like to see Matousec test for? =)

Say what you want about matousec but they probably do the most comprehensive testing out there… And they also test for crashes and spying and so on… =]

finally we are at the right place :slight_smile:

Regards to Comodo.
But I’m using Kaspersky AV and it doesn’t compatible with Comodo >:(

After Kaspersky expire I’ll use Comodo :slight_smile:

I don’t Kaspersky is compatible with anything else related to computer security :slight_smile:

Does anyone test the inbound capabilities of the firewall?

using 2 systems, connected over LAN.
1 is the attacker and the other is the target using CIS

Using various attack methods to try to: slow down, crash or access the system.

Tests should be repeated with both trusted and public network settings

The results for P2P users would be interesting because they have to disable a lot of the firewall’s features to get P2P working

To test your inbound security, use GRC’s Shields Up site.

I’ve used the two together in the past. The Trick is to install KAV first and then CPF. Sometimes turning of KAV Registry Monitoring will stop duplicate popups from both programs relating to the same part of the registry…

E

Did you use KAV with Comodo ?

What’s a version of KAV and CPF did you use ?