CFP 3.0.8.214 Beta Bug Reports (32-bit version) [Closed]

I’ve already posted this in the 32 bits bug Forum, I’ll reproduce it here just in case…

It seems that installing new sotware on a machine running CFP v3 will be an issue because Defense + does not stop launching pop ups for every single file an install wants to write.
This just happen to me installing Java Routines on an XP SP2 install, the firewall went nuts with the pop pups of defense +, and to add to the confusion all the window borders were RED so I didn’t know if I was installing Java or some program made by the devil!!!
Isn’t there a way to tell the HIPS that what you’re doing is legit -without having to mark the install as trusted-???
This is really bothering… yesterday I had to disable it going to Microsoft Update because I couldn’t do anything on the web, every single click launched a new alert !!!

Can not disable Defense+, it keeps alerting even when set to “Allow All”

What shoul I do?

[attachment deleted by admin]

In your .txt file, there is Kaspersky antivir 7 listed. If the Firewall from Kaspersky is turned on, Comodo filewall doesn’t run correct. If it’s turned off, post it here please. And post when the alert was first seen.
Regards

Moderator’s Edit: Individual posts merged with main bug thread.

Hallo rcbblgy,
that is a knows issue affecting V3 on Vista. I can confirm that issue affect xp sp2 too.

Anyway testers affected by any bug could start posting V3 Diagnostic report from now on.

Windows Vista Home Premium 32
Windows defender
Avast Anti Virus Home edition

The recent Windows Update 7.0.6000.381 (an update to the software for the “Windows Update Service”) failed to install unless I uninstalled the cfp completely. I tried to turn it off to be easier but had no luck there.

Also while it failed the update I checked the folder where the updated files are (Windows/system32) and noticed during the install one of them changed to the new file version (checked by using balloon tip) but was very soon (a few seconds) changed back to the existing version.
Zos

(LAptop & desktop are Windows XP sp2 W/IE7 CFP Beta 3.0.8.214)
My LAN IP Range and Internet are Different Adapters and Different Networks
The desktop had Avast Anti-Rootkit on it but I removed it

I can not get my laptop to see the network shares on my Desktop The desktop is reporting problems with CFP3 Diagnostics. The connection works if the desktop is set to Allow all. Allow all on the laptop does not help.
I have an Application Rule allowed all in under System from my LAN
And a Global Rule, Allow All IP In from LAN Protocol is Any
Ideally I would have an Application Rule under System as follows:
Allowed TCP or UDP In From IP Zone:[LAN] to IP Zone:[LAN] Source ports is Any and Destination Port is Port set:FPS Ports [135-139, 445,0]
This works fine on the laptop
I found Port 0 was needed on the laptop to connect I don’t think 445 is required but I included it anyway
Lan is defined as an Network/Mask however I have tried as a range, Network/Mask

The log on the dektop show I am blocking Incoming From my Laptop port 137,138,139,445
Also tried moving the alert settings around and the Security Level

My laptop can see network shares at the office just fine, and passes CFP Diagnostics
The problem is with the desktop

Here is my Diagnostic log after the Uninstall of Avast Anti Rootkit from the Desktop

I feel a bit system slow while having this beta install.
especially when opening software, IE and others.
other than that, good work~!!

Antivirus: avast home edition;
Browser: Opera;

After installing Comodo 3 beta, many different web-pages (including this forum) became unavailable.

Symptoms are same - every site become unavailable after “login” procedure (I’m entering user name and pasword, pressing the “Enter” button and geting to the error (“page is unavailable”) page).

That’s symptoms are the same in any browser.
This error don’t disappear after changing policy of the firewall or even after Comodo close.
Only uninstall fixes this problem.

For browsers I had to discover that when You use it with the browsers rule, not all works in browsers.
For Opera, I also use mail so I have to set it as trusted application are something custum

I’ve setup Opera as trusted application (at least, I’ve chosen this type of application when started it first time after Comodo was installed).

This AV is almost compatible with V3. Set HTTP Proxy to 127.0.0.1:12080 In your Web browser.

I’ve setup this porxy server address and the problem was solved. But I think this is not the way it shood be…
If I’m new user of Comodo, I think I don’t want to change my proxy address after install…

At work I’m using another proxy server. How do I solve this problem in this case?

try disabling avast Web Shield
you won’t need it anyway if you will be using cpf

hope that helps

:0) True.
It’s work to all appearance. Thank you!

There is no firewall from Kaspersky , it just is a anti-virus software . What I installed is KAV , not KIS .

Hey rcbblgy, there is a long-standing compatibility issue with any recent version of Kaspersky AV engine and CFP. This was known with CFP v2.4, and has been reported to have continued into v3.

Comodo is aware of it and is working on it, so that CFP v3 Final won’t be vulnerable to this compatibility issue. I don’t know if that’s what your issue is or not, but it’s quite possible. Tnx for the diagnostic report; that will surely help Comodo.

LM

Will try to upload error report file once again. Am using Win XP SP2 32 bit, avast home 4.7. Seemed to be working correctly then I ran the Diagnostics Tool in the misc. heading for the firewall…It said there was an error & would try to fix it. Was unable to fix & generated the enclosed report. Thanks in advance!

g3b

(CNY)

had this problem before,would download but wouldn’t install,so i uninstalled it and then installed the updates.later i reinstalled the newest version of vista and again with the new batch of vista updates they are not installing so i uninstalled it and they installed.

Something about CFP3 beta just is interferring with windows vista update for me,anyone else?

Yes i made sure i clicked allow on everything,even tried shutting it down.doesn’t help.only uninstallation works

Windows Vista Home Premium 32
Windows defender
Avast Anti Virus Home edition

I just started (about 30 mins ago) my pc from standby and the CFP updater was waiting to be allowed by Vista so as usual I allowed it and it found an update but first I checked for details but was just taken to the Comodo home page. So I applied the update anyway and it installed.

But I always check again to make sure (funny while I type this there are now 6 Vista updates lol) there are no more updates etc and it keeps saying there is an update and it installs the same as before.

I have rebooted closed reopened CFP etc and still it says of an update.
Zos