CFP 3.0.8.214 Beta Bug Reports (32-bit version) [Closed]

Visita 32 bit Ultimate, with all the security updates and the two performance update patches applied.

I’ve again gotten the problem that the firewall keeps asking me how to handle the same program multiple times regardless of what I answer. In this case it is the updater for AVG anti-virus free.

The irony is that no mather what permission format I choose, the firewall keeps blocking each attempt this application is making to connect.

Attached is the screen dump of the application rules screen after the final attempt failed.

This seems to me to be unwanted behaviour, but strangely enough it doesn’t happen with each an every program! Up till now this has only happened with updater type programs.

Update: The only way to get through this process, I’ve just noticed is to remove the checkmark from the “Remember my answer” box. Of course this means that I have to live with the Firewall Alert each time I use the updater, which is kind of irritating!

[attachment deleted by admin]

.. some were complaining about slow shutdowns ..
If you want to get rid of the slow shutdowns, all you need to do is add "System.exe" as a "trusted application" in the Defense+ Rules. I don't know how safe this is, but I do know, that way it's solved, at least for me. (Windows Vista 32 Bits).

The reason why I came up with this solution, because ppl were complaining it took 2 minutes longer to shutdown, a little too much coincidence that a firewall message also stays up 2 minutes right :wink:
(120sec).

So… the solution, add System.exe as trusted application in the Defense+ rules, not the network rules and that would solve it for now. (Again, at least for me it’s solved, running Vista Home Premium x86).

Only Issue I am still having is that when I add the firewall rules that I want to be visible in a trusted network, my XP machine still can’t find my Vista machine. Both the same user / pass and when I set the firewall to “allow all” I can connect, when I set it back to custom it won’t… will figure it out … eventually :stuck_out_tongue:

I am receiving lots of ICMP traffic (various source IP addresses, source port 768) that is reported as blocked by “System Idle Process”.

I had these reports with the previous beta version, and I hid them from being reported by creating a new firewall global rule to block any ICMP IN traffic (from any, to any, any ICMP message), and not log an alert.

I have tried to add the same rule with beta 3.0.8.214, but the log is still reporting the blocked ICMP traffic.

I haven’t got an Application Rule for “System Idle Process”.

I found that even if I go trough Firewall Stealth Configuration wizard and add a Local zone (192.168.0.0-192.168.0.255) predefined, and even if rules are added accordingly (allow all outgoing if targe is local, and allow all incoming if sender is local) Internet Connection Sharing is not working. It works only if I allow all in firewall. I have a cable modem connected to Internet (DHCP assigned address) and a USB wireless card on the machine on which I share connection. Although my laptop connects to my Wireless LAN, I can’t access internet. I can ping, but I cant see file shares. Windows XP SP2 here, full updated, BOClean 4.25, Avast Home. Had problems with Avast Web Shield but solved it buy setting proxy to 12080 on localhost. Have not found a way to access internet from local wireless LAN. Apart from that, second beta is functioning very good.
(L)
EDIT : I fixed it. Needed two things.

1. For web browsing, needed to allow TCP/UDP in from Local zone to any IP all source and destiantion
    ports for System Idle Process!!
  2. For file sharing, I had to remove predefined policy for system as outgoing only, and to create a new policy : Copied all rules from outgoing only policy to new one ,and added a new rule to allowq IP from Local to Local where IP is any.

This should be definitely simplified…

Vista 32bit Ultimate (fully patched up)

I just had a BSOD (STOP error 0x19) while idly surfing the net in Firefox.

As usual no Dump file to be found anywhere!

Edit by gibran: PJK has AVG anti-virus free.

i can not get utorrent work correctly i have no incoming connection it says how can i correct it

Version 3.0.8.214 is running really well on my XP SP2 machine. Now that the issue with forgetting settings has been resolved, I can use this firewall on a daily basis.

These are the bugs I’ve found so far:

1. Using the ‘isolated browser’ settings makes both IE and Firefox very slow, and some pages don’t display correctly.

2. If you log off one user profile and into another, two instances of CPF are running.

3. Still not remembering the firewall stealth setting.

4. The firewall and defense+ are initially quite chatty even when dealing with with standard windows components.

5. The manual Microsoft Update fails unless previously the firewall has been turned to Allow All during an update.

I hope this helps with figuring out what needs correcting for the final release.

CPF 2.4 was already the best firewall on the market, CPF 3 is already pushing the envelope. Keep up the excellent work! (:CLP)

Hi, reporting a bug that appeared in previous Alpha version as well and is also present in this beta version.

• Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits
  • Your realtime Antivirus/version: Nod32 v2.7
  • Affected CPF3 Component: Firewall/‘Add Network’
  • Affected Software/Version: 3.0.8.214 BETA
  • Brief description of the problem: When i have spesified a new network, Comodo messes up the single ip addresses. Example: 10.0.0.6 → 6.0.0.10 .

what’s e-mail address of Comodo v3 beta support team ? I want to sent crash.dmp file to you.

Seems some .dll got some problem , i installed on my VitrualBox to test , it tried many times , when alpha released until lastest beta , this problem still same , after install & reboot , its said crash (:AGY)

P.S. My system is T.Chinese XP Pro sp2 with lastest update

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with all Windows Updates to date with Avast AV and Spyware Doctor.

I noticed that this beta is slow in starting up, both on program exit and restart, and on computer reboot.

Image Execution Control Settings cannot be disabled in Defense+ page.

https://forums.comodo.com/cfp_beta_corner/cfp_v308214_beta_bug_reports_32bit_version-t11967.0.html;msg84874#msg84874 did you try that?

Thanks, but made no difference. But does ‘System’ refer to Windows components?

hi
I’m running win xp sp2 and installed this beta.

a couple of problems i have noticed
when starting the computer comodo fails to show any active connections for about 5 mins also
there are no alerts for programs attempting to connect to net until the 5 minutes are up, then I get a
few alerts at once. the firewall does not allow connections during thsi time however.

I am getting bsod with this version, it seems to happen randomly. codes follow
0xC000021A, followed by 0xC0000005 ( 0x7C9106C3, 0x00C8ED04 )

thanks

I have noticed the following issues:

Can’t connect to Google browser sync, hotmail, my.yahoo.com, lycos mail, webmail in general.

Acer Aspire E700
Vista Home P. Version 6 Build 6000
Intel Core Duo 6300 [ at ] 1.86ghz
AVG 7.5 Anti Virus Professional

Svchost.exe (run an executable) Wmiadap.exe.
Svchost keeps asked for this application on looking in defence rules found odd address.
\?\C:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiadap Delete all entries and entered correct address but still asks for wmiadap.exe and inserts odd address.
Looked through my other rules but could not find any other odd address.

Today I’ve installed the actual beta on my desktop and on my notebook.
Desktop: XP Prof with all updates+NOD32 Antivirus
Notebook:XP Media Center Edition 2005 with all updates + NOD32 Antivirus
On both machines the XP-firewall/security center is disabled.
Everything works fine, but : On the notebook with XP MCE2005 all global rules were deleted after simple restart of the notebook. The only global rules that further exist are the two rules which creates the stealth wizzard!
This behaviour is reproducible. I tested this twice.

No components, just the “System.exe” which you will find in your Windows Install directory.

I’ve installed the 2nd beta on windows 03xp home…seems to be going well except for 1 application/program — the nHancer nvidia profile program. I have profiled a few game settings & the nHancer doesn’t work or apply the settings without difficulties like ver. 2.4. Other than that it seems to be working well. Keep up the good work!

g3b

(R)

AV:Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0
When CFP just begins to work , protections are disabled except “My Blocked Files” , CFP begins to protect my OS later . When the protection doesn’t work , the list is empty .

[attachment deleted by admin]

Using Thunderbird here to check webmail in Hotmail and having the same issue, cannot read Hotmail thru Thunderbird.