CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA - Questions about how it works[CLOSED]

Beta 3.0.10.238: I have a few files that I know to be safe and I want to move them to the “My Safe Files” list, but for some reason, those files will not go there. They are files for rootkit tracing, so maybe that has an effect on the ability to move them to the safe list?
Also, I have had some reservations about using the “remove” and “purge” buttons. It is confusing to see those words applied to the list, when it would seem that they are copies of each other’s actions and the option to quarantine a questionable file is hidden under the “Move” button. I thought that the remove or purge option would delete the file or quarantine it until I thought about it and spent a bit more time looking at the buttons. I think that the choice of button words or their grouping has to be improved before the release candidate version. Also, the proximity of the “Safe” option to the “Quarantine” option looks like an invitation to a slip of the mouse.

Hi Jim

Yah, I was told that before but I tested it under the default 96DPI as well and it made no difference…?
I too hope this gets fixed real soon, I much prefer 120DPI on this size screen (22"). It’s truly weird if that is the simple cause of this problem, I would have thought that when they made the major GUI changes recently that they would’ve tested it out, since 120 is a commom DPI for large screens.
Oh well…I see that member “AnotherOne” has posted about this same problem too. I hope we can get this fixed so we can help test these new versions out also, the more testers the better.

Windows Internet Connection Sharing is not compatible with CFP 3 this is a Known issue

Hi

I’m afraid I’m a total novice in using Vista 32-bit OS. Can anyone clarify, please whether COMODO v 3 is compatible with Vista?

Thanks

Greetings,

Yes, CFP works with Vista 32-bit :wink:

Cheers,
Ragwing

That’d probably be some game copy protection at work. By default, temp folder is unprotected, but I’ll be ■■■■■■ if I remember where within d+ that setting is :stuck_out_tongue: Was good with first guess tho, ‘protected files’ allowed list for ‘all executables’. So if you remove temp from exclusions, you should be prompted with warnings for .dll creation, unless of course you have already allowed the relevant program to create whatever it needs

I believe Installs, Setups & Updates also use …\Local Settings\Temp. So, aside from application use, there’s another reason why you might see DLLs & EXEs in there & sub-folders in Temp.

If you use a program like Ad-aware SE it opens zip files etc. to the Temp folder (Temp?.?.?) to be able to check them.
I have about 60-80 files in the Pending Files list after running Ad-aware and use the Purge button to delete them.
Dennis

Quick report on the GUI size issue.
I ran with 3.0.8.214 for a time just to get other things I needed done, done, then d’loaded a new version of 3.0.10.238, removed all instances of CFP registry keys found, changed resolution to 96DPI and installed CFP in as clean a setup as possible (from any leftover CFP setting/key corruption).
This time the GUI was properly displayed…it’s possible that some leftover key made my previous attempts at testing this with a 96DPI setting, hopelessly flawed.

I made a few tweaks of Global and Network rules and then switched back to 120DPI which immediately corrupted the GIU again upon reboot.

This is most definitely a bug in the ointment…:frowning:
Can’t wait for RC1 and hopefully a fix for this one.

Dave

Same problem with the GUI here: BETA 3.0.10.238
I have 1920x1200 on 26" monitor with 120dpi (large font)
the interface of CFP is totally useless I cannot access to any option.
For me it is not possible to switch to 96dpi because the fonts are too small.
I’ll switch to the CFP 2 waiting for a gui fix in the version 3.
Thanks
Xenio

Hello,

I just beta 3.0.10.238 installed. (:CLP)

I have only one small problem with the manual update. (:SAD)

It always comes following error message:

Error 108: Update could not be completed. Please check your Internet connection settings. :THNK

What should I check? My approach works perfectly.

Best Regards Kurt

Hi Kurt

Based on previous form… I don’t believe the update, manual or otherwise, is enabled for beta tests. Although I have previously asked for it to be so… I see it as a “risk” not testing the update process.

Hi Kail,

Thank you for the quick reply. If it is in the beta does not work, you can probably do nothing.

But I would think even better if you could check for updates.

Best Regards Kurt

I agree. Last time, not testing the update process during 2.4 beta testing, resulted in a failure on release day (remember guys?). I can understand why they’re not especially keen on it, as it might impact or clash with the current releases update process. I’m hopeful that the update process will be tested (enabled) for the Release Candidate.

Is already known when the release candidate appears? ???

Somewhere between “soon” and “immanently”, I believe. :slight_smile:

Xenio: your info suggested to me that the problem is not the DPI but the aspect ratio that is the problem. I have a 16:9 monitor and your resolution as listed is higher than a regular 4:3 ratio. You may be able to try a work-around that I am able to use: After clicking the Summary button, press the right arrow key several times until the edge of the border of the key to the right appears. You can then access the Firewall settings by pressing Enter, or you can press the right arrow key again and then press Enter to access the Defense+ settings. It is a clumsy way of doing things, but it works for me. The next version will iron that wrinkle out, I expect.

Gentlemen
I am just trying to get my head round the latest Beta.
Looks pretty good to me
I have a question please.
When looking at Summary-Proactive Defense i have 55Applications active and 56 waiting review.When i looked the 56 waiting review they were all unknown.Is there any reason why those 56 should not be removed.
Thanks and Regards

hi,
i dont really know where to post this - just wondering if someone else has the same experience…

am running CFP 3 beta, works great, and i scanned my computer with Resplendence Rootkit Hook

Analyzer and it says 18 times that “Comodo Firewall Pro Sandbox Driver” is hooked or is hooking

some other process…anyone else on here run the Rootkit Hook Analyzer(freeware), and did you

get the same result or i just have a lousy rootkit?

i didnt know where else to post as i figured this was likely benign process…

With my settings 26 inch nec 2690wuxi, 1920x1200 that is 16:10 aspect ratio, I normally use 115DPI a little less of 120 because in a 115DPI the fonts are a little small.
I cannot reach the buttons, I cannot see any buttons in the top bar and no options in the right part of the window.
Different resolutions make different result.
Anyway if I set to 96DPI every thing works well.
Some screenshot with different resolution here:

[attachment deleted by admin]